**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I at a turning point

Harding7Harding7 Posts: 59
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
It’s a question that I see a lot and Iv seen all sorts of profiles and reasons. But do I stop wasting my resources on 5* I haven’t ranked a 5* past r4 for ages and Iv posted my pics to show that I believe I have most bases covered with what I have at r5 or in my 6* pool, i know there will always be exceptions but in general is this the right thing to do?? Do map 7/6 aq aw plat3 and working through act 7
cc

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Harding7Harding7 Posts: 59
    Pics not in the order I wanted
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Rank 5 that gladiator hulk since you don’t have a 6 star
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Honestly it depends on your next level of progression.

If you have a 5 Star champion that will take you through some difficult content, then they are worthy of a Rank 5.

For example, let’s say you haven’t completed or explored the Variants. Then, I would say that Venom is an obvious choice to Rank 5 since he works in most Variants.

However, let’s say you’ve explored basically everything in the game… then it’s time for 6 Star focus solely.

Just to give you insight - I have 32 rank 5 champions. I’m happy that I do - they cover every base I need for any content I approach. Thus, I’m fairly fixated on 6 stars at this point. However, if Professor X was the only champion to complete new content, I’d have no hesitation to take my 5 star up to Rank 5.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 532 ★★★
    I agree with Disgruntled user. Rank champions that will help you. Brian Grant did a video illustrating that 5*s in cases are actually stronger than 6*s.

https://youtu.be/DRWbgMHS28s
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I'd only rank a 5* to R5 now if they they benefit from max Sig.. or if they're a champ I find fun etc. And my 6* roster is much less than yours.

I have 2 R3's possibly 7 after sop
    And 29 r5s
  • Options
    UnitmanUnitman Posts: 241 ★★
    I’m in a similar spot and just pulled warlock, hype and Shang chi. Gotta take those guys up...
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    It really depends on several things, one of which obviously being your luck with 6* pulls. If you're like me and only get a decent pull every once in a while, 5*s are probably going to be where most of your rank-up lies despite me just having defeated Gwenmaster for the first time.

I'm at a point where my 5*s cover most ground that needs covering and I can focus on my 6*s if I want to, but I just don't have the champs to do so. I rank them up as they come but between the really good pulls I still rank up 5*s. Especially when they benefit from high sig.