**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry still broken

When is this going to be fixed. It's still off, update after update after update.

If any dev would just check the parry/well timed block of blade not working the same as the Thor armor break/stun, you'll clearly see that parry is not timed up yet.

It's been forever since this has worked properly

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It’s not broken
  • Options
    KingsamKingsam Posts: 109
    It is still broke for some people. I am one of those that it was never fixed.
  • Options
    Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    It’s not broken

Ok. So a parry and well timed block aren't the same? Because that would be the onlyu way it couldn't be broken.

Have you tested Blade to confirm your "it's not broken"?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    A Parry is a well-timed Block yes. The issue is not with the Parry mechanic. It's the lag. If controls are lagging, things aren't timed properly in general. Parry itself is working.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    It is not broken according to this post. Click on link.

parry is working

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    So your whole arguement of parry being broken is because you can’t parry with a new champion that you probably aren’t used to his animations yet? Broken and a different timing aren’t the same thing. The new timing was so easy to get used to
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I have no reservations about criticising Kabam when they're in the wrong, but do I think parry is broken? No, I don't. When I miss a parry I blame myself, not Kabam.
  • Options
    only broken on android devices as it is not broken..it is lag..you just have to look 1 second in to the future and expect when enemy is gonna charge and guess correctly and your parry will work
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    It's very strange that hat nebulas 'well time blocked' and parry often don't work together
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    It's very strange that hat nebulas 'well time blocked' and parry often don't work together

https://streamable.com/gxvja

You mean just like this?

How is it possible that shock is triggered and not parry?
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★

A developer has already addressed this:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/159971/#Comment_159971

So the bottom line is that parry is working as intended.

From what I've heard, this is more of a device (Android) issue. If you're experiencing lag due to your phone dropping its frame rate, you're going to be struggling to time parries perfectly.

No software patch can fix that issue, only faster hardware. Having said that, maybe Kabam should consider a graphics quality slider for older devices, using fewer polys, lower quality textures and post-processing effects.
  • Options
    MaledracMaledrac Posts: 93
    issue is parry broken more and accentuates when start aq and war .. :p:* ..
  • Options
    uLqui0rauLqui0ra Posts: 76
    ""TIMING""
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Parry is working but still broken as F!
    I am great at parrying so I can tell when what's supposed to be a parry is just a block and that happens way too often!
    But you know kabam... money still flows so why should they care?
  • Options
    What you have to understand is kabam standards of ‘working as intended’ and actually working are two separate entities... the truth is some fights it works well and some fights it fails you terribly... therefore parry is still an issue and the lag does makes it even more so...
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Parry does seem broken, Because every time I use howard the duck I might parry only 2-3 times and I lose a lot of health trying to parry right...
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    So your whole arguement of parry being broken is because you can’t parry with a new champion that you probably aren’t used to his animations yet? Broken and a different timing aren’t the same thing. The new timing was so easy to get used to

If I bring my block up at the perfect time and parry doesn't trigger, I'm going to realize it whether I'm using Blade or Iron Man. I've been playing for almost 3 years now so I feel I've got a pretty solid understanding of how the parry mechanic is supposed to function.

And in most people's minds I would assume that a "well-timed block" and parry should be the same thing so if I trigger a bleed on a block, the opponent should also be stunned (if not immune)
  • Options
    Palanthrax wrote: »

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/159971/#Comment_159971

From what I've heard, this is more of a device (Android) issue. If you're experiencing lag due to your phone dropping its frame rate, you're going to be struggling to time parries perfectly.

No software patch can fix that issue, only faster hardware. Having said that, maybe Kabam should consider a graphics quality slider for older devices, using fewer polys, lower quality textures and post-processing effects.

I'm on a Galaxy S8 so it's the latest and greatest on the Android scene. I don't think I can get a more powerful Android device.

It's painful to know the people on iPhone 5's are getting better run times and gameplay that new Android devices
  • Options
    also @Palanthrax thanks for that link...didn't search properly I guess for a similar thread.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    You don't just blame yourself if you miss a parry unless you know you messed up, before in some situations where parry would occur does not occur in those same situations anymore.
  • Options
    LurkerLurker Posts: 196

I am on a Galaxy S8 active and only play with everything else killed. "Timing" is definitely broken but not because of a hardware issue. The "timing" also causes AI to recover so quick that 40% of specials are blocked. But what seems odd to me, is that the "timing" issue only effects AQ, AW, and difficult events. Scenarios where kabam wants to challenge the iStuff users, their software "breaks" on android devices. The devs can optimize/test their software on android devices...and do to some degree... but when their software detects a well time block to trigger one event but not another well timed block effect. you can't claim a hardware problem.
  • Options
    TinklestinkieTinklestinkie Posts: 102
    edited November 2017
    I have android - S7 edge fairly new and considered a powerful enough device and the control lag here has me questioning whether to continue to playing this game.
    Recently I've been having a dash forward/blocking/dash back lag (or altogether not registering) that after a tough fight screws up the whole session. Blocking too late- late lag parry (not the fault of human reflexes but of coding) is disheartening, because you pay for the external mistake...the mistake is not yours.
    I've been playing for 1& 1/2 years and the lag wasn't as intense on my lesser generation android last year, so this is relatively new.

I'd say that it's a priority if there's an overwhelming consumer base complaining about it, in a civil and rational fashion. Lag is not o.k. as your controls should be abiding by your manipulative intentions. People are getting irritated based on where to place the accountability, blaming our phones is silly and the accountability is obvious. Make androids relevant to your game as there is a huge demographic there.

Make androids great again.
  • Options
    LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    I would pay 3 odin's and everything in my stash if I thought kabam was even working on a solution for the timing/lag bugs.
  • Options
    uLqui0ra wrote: »
    ""TIMING""

timing with lag means to predict the future
  • Options

I'm on a Galaxy S8 so it's the latest and greatest on the Android scene. I don't think I can get a more powerful Android device.

It's painful to know the people on iPhone 5's are getting better run times and gameplay that new Android devices

i just returned the latest and newest samsung tablet and got my 550 dollar back.
    tablet which only had this game installed lagged on 100 mbit up and 100mbit down connection.
    tried at my friend who got 2!! gbit up and down and same lag.
    it is all on kabam..everything on my side was perfection.
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Parry is definitely off for me. It worked very consistently before 12.0. After that, it was very bad for a while. Now, it is better, but sometimes it doesn’t trigger when it obviously should. I have seen videos of it. It is not just me.

Parry may technically be working as intended, but it really isn’t. I think the problems are being caused by micro-lag rather than parry itself. But the semantics are irrelevant to us as players. Other game mechanics are broken as well. The underlying cause may all be the same, but we don’t know and don’t really care.

After 12.0, my iPhone became almost unplayable because of lag. I see other posts of players using older iPhone models, so it doesn’t make sense. My iPad is not that old, but still suffers from the micro-lag problem.

The iOS devices aren’t immune to problems. Android devices may suffer more because there is a much larger variance in the hardware.

The problems may be device model specific, and maybe even specific to a player’s device. But that is the platform Kabam chose. PC game developers have been dealing with the issue of multiple device configurations for decades. It comes with the territory. They make huge profits from this game. The responsibility to make the game work for their players is theirs alone.
  • Options
    yea it is lag. the enemy is 1 second ahead of you so when he or she starts the charge it is too late to parry as they have already hit you but the have made it so your device have not registered it yet.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I sold my Note 8, and ordered an iPhone X. iOS or nothing for this game, unfortunately. I love the Note, but because of my addiction to this game, it's a waste to play on anything but iOS.
  • Options
    jcruz2133jcruz2133 Posts: 152
    In all seriousness, does Yondu have stun immune sometimes? Because I have fought him where the Parry wording would come up on screen, but he wouldn't get stunned? It's happened to me with some other champs too, but I clearly remember this happening one time when I was fighting Yondu in Arena, so no nodes obviously.
  • Options
    CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    I dont think its broken, i ve think they ruined on purpouse. Back then i totally demolished CPU by doing 5 hit combo - parry - 5 hit combo - parry until enemy s dead. Since they changed, i cant parry after my 5th punch, only in rare ocasions. Now i only parry well when enemy comes running or when i punch him blocking and he tries to retaliate. IMO they did this so we die more in Act 5 considering the ridiculous atack of the enemies, when u fail to parry u lose a LOT of HP by blocking. **** move kabam. I ll still explore 100% of act 5 without using a single unit 🖕🏻