**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

A idea to make true focus viable

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Champs with those mechanics are affected by that Node. That's how the game works. Use other Champs.

If that’s how the game works then this is a bad application of it. Change how the game works in this scenario. It’s not hard. You’re a broken record on this and no matter how many people put forward their valid points, all you have is those few sentences.
    That's exactly how the game works. Either by Champs or Nodes, Abilities are challenged. It's how the game has ALWAYS worked. Yet time after time people react to any change as if certain Champs are supposed to go unchecked for the duration of the game.
    And when an ability is challenged or changed for the wrong reason, it’s ok to say to Kabam that’s bad. You know that’s ok right?

Ghost and quake, sure, I don’t give a flying donut if they get checked by an ability change. That’s Kabams intention that they’ve stated. But changing the game for a fair few other champions when that’s not Kabams intention is sloppy design.
    If people haven't learned from 12.0 yet, let me point it out. A Swiss Army Knife is bad for the game.
    Ah yes all the Swiss army knife miss/evade champs that need to suffer collateral damage.
    Mr Negative was clearly doing too much, he needed to have his evade taken away.
    Prof X too, his miss counters way too much.

But it's ok for kitty who's got way broader utility while phased to be introduced and walk over true focus though.
    Mr. Negative was added moments before the true focus addition.

Mr Negative did what quake couldn’t in 5 years.

Mr Negative best champ confirmed
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Lmao imagine thinking so much of yourself that you know better than the actual reasons Kabam give. I actually can’t with you :D

The self importance is baffling

What does a “couple” mean to you?

That was explaining its use in War. That's not a statement about the purpose of the Node in general.
    For that matter, all I see is people complaining they can't use other Champs for the same purpose. Stop relying on the same mechanics.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Better idea. Create a #overpowered tag. Put it on just quake and ghost. And on any fight where you don’t want quake or ghost to be used make it so #overpowered champions cannot evade or be missed

Or #cheatcode and put it on Tigra as well.
    ItsDamien said:

Lmao imagine thinking so much of yourself that you know better than the actual reasons Kabam give. I actually can’t with you :D

That was explaining its use in War. That's not a statement about the purpose of the Node in general.
    For that matter, all I see is people complaining they can't use other Champs for the same purpose. Stop relying on the same mechanics.
    I guess you're okay with the parry/dex issues too, since you know... People should stop relying on the same mechanics.

Hey you should also stop using medium, light, heavy and special attacks too. You're relying on those same mechanics to do fights.

You see how dumb your statement is now?
    Are you comparing Parry/Dex with cheesing? Bit of a stretch, even if it is string cheese.

Ok? So is it the mechanics that are too powerful or the champions?

The only other place we saw it was SoP, a piece of content that at the start was stated “don’t expect to quake and ghost your way through it”. deluding yourself that this node wasn’t implemented to counter quake and ghost is a bit much, but whatever you have to do to pretend you still have a point
    Did I say it wasn't to counter them? I said ONLY. It's actually pretty simple. It's not collateral damage that other Champs are affected. It's the way the Node works.
    Use other Champs.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Champs with those mechanics are affected by that Node. That's how the game works. Use other Champs.

If that’s how the game works then this is a bad application of it. Change how the game works in this scenario. It’s not hard. You’re a broken record on this and no matter how many people put forward their valid points, all you have is those few sentences.
    That's exactly how the game works. Either by Champs or Nodes, Abilities are challenged. It's how the game has ALWAYS worked. Yet time after time people react to any change as if certain Champs are supposed to go unchecked for the duration of the game.
    And when an ability is challenged or changed for the wrong reason, it’s ok to say to Kabam that’s bad. You know that’s ok right?

Ghost and quake, sure, I don’t give a flying donut if they get checked by an ability change. That’s Kabams intention that they’ve stated. But changing the game for a fair few other champions when that’s not Kabams intention is sloppy design.
    Care to point out what Ability is changed? Pretty sure it's a Node that counters Abilities. If people haven't learned from 12.0 yet, let me point it out. A Swiss Army Knife is bad for the game.
    I meant ability challenge.

And you’re missing the point, nobody is saying don’t counter ghost and quake. You know that right? Or are you managing to miss the point
    I'm not missing the point at all. People are acting as if the sole purpose of the Node is to counter them. It's meant to counter any Champs with those Abilities. Which means not just Quake or Ghost.
    That's false and you know it. Don't delude yourself old man.
    😶
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Care to point out what Ability is changed? Pretty sure it's a Node that counters Abilities. If people haven't learned from 12.0 yet, let me point it out. A Swiss Army Knife is bad for the game.
    I meant ability challenge.

And you’re missing the point, nobody is saying don’t counter ghost and quake. You know that right? Or are you managing to miss the point
    I'm not missing the point at all. People are acting as if the sole purpose of the Node is to counter them. It's meant to counter any Champs with those Abilities. Which means not just Quake or Ghost.

The only other place we saw it was SoP, a piece of content that at the start was stated “don’t expect to quake and ghost your way through it”. deluding yourself that this node wasn’t implemented to counter quake and ghost is a bit much, but whatever you have to do to pretend you still have a point
    Did I say it wasn't to counter them? I said ONLY. It's actually pretty simple. It's not collateral damage that other Champs are affected. It's the way the Node works.
    Use other Champs.
    You're trying to convince yourself Kabam designed true focus and decided to implement it in AW and difficult content to counter all miss/evade champs

When Kabam themselves are releasing a new miss champion that benefits from the node.
    If they believed miss champs In general are too powerful and need to be countered why would they ever design this?

The answer is they wouldn't, this isn't a reaction to miss champs it's a poor implementation of a ghost/quake lock out.

Use other Champs.
    Ok, strictly talking about war. You know that node was only introduced to counter ghost and quake. By your own admission, you can read the image I put in and you said “that was explaining its use in war”. If you disagreed with my point, you would have said no, that’s not referring to quake and ghost which we both know would be ridiculous.

Ok, so we’ve established that you know true focus was only put in war to counter quake and ghost.

Kabam say they want to counter quake and ghost in war, and as a result have put a node in that by coincidence of the mechanics, counters a fair few other champions too. You agree thus far, that by your own admission, Kabam want to counter quake and ghost in war and have accidentally countered other champions too.

So why not add a node that doesn’t counter other champions? What harm does it do the player base? What harm does it do the game?

Give me one, literally one, reason (other than use other champions, which isn’t a reason) that it would be bad for the game for only the champions that we both agree are Swiss Army knives to be countered.

Use other Champs.
    Ok, strictly talking about war. You know that node was only introduced to counter ghost and quake. By your own admission, you can read the image I put in and you said “that was explaining its use in war”. If you disagreed with my point, you would have said no, that’s not referring to quake and ghost which we both know would be ridiculous.

Ok, so we’ve established that you know true focus was only put in war to counter quake and ghost.

Kabam say they want to counter quake and ghost in war, and as a result have put a node in that by coincidence of the mechanics, counters a fair few other champions too. You agree thus far, that by your own admission, Kabam want to counter quake and ghost in war and have accidentally countered other champions too.

So why not add a node that doesn’t counter other champions? What harm does it do the player base? What harm does it do the game?

Give me one, literally one, reason (other than use other champions, which isn’t a reason) that it would be bad for the game for only the champions that we both agree are Swiss Army knives to be countered.
    Who said accidental? You think they weren't aware that other Champs would be stopped up by it? I mean...I know there's a misconception that they don't know anything about their own game, but that's just blind assumption.

Use other Champs.

Who said accidental? You think they weren't aware that other Champs would be stopped up by it? I mean...I know there's a misconception that they don't know anything about their own game, but that's just blind assumption.
    I know you’re deflecting by focussing in on one word so you don’t need to respond to the rest of my point, but would you do me the courtesy of actually replying?

Use other Champs.

I know you’re deflecting by focussing in on one word so you don’t need to respond to the rest of my point, but would you do me the courtesy of actually replying?
    TL:DR - I'm not operating under the premise of your conjecture, so I ignored you.
    Is that what you're saying?
    Swap accident for by coincidence, swap it for alongside, swap it for by happenstance.

It’s a turn of phrase. You know this, can you answer the point? Or would you rather admit you don’t know how to.
    Accidental implies they never intended it to behave that way.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Use other Champs.

This is what he does, every time. When he knows he's wrong, he'll never answer your question. He'll just pick a single part and redirect attention there in the hopes that the argument might go into a direction where he can be right. Very similar behaviour to what children do actually.
    Coincidentally, for the sake of the conversation moving on, yes. It affects other Champs. Most Nodes do. Very few target one or two.
    They're not going to outright ban those Champs from War. They're also not going to nerf them. So here we are.

Coincidentally, for the sake of the conversation moving on, yes. It affects other Champs. Most Nodes do. Very few target one or two.

Ok, will you answer my point now? I take back accidental, I didn’t mean they literally blindly did it.

Would you like me to repeat my point?

They're not going to outright ban those Champs from War. They're also not going to nerf them. So here we are.

Do you think those are the only two options?

No, but Kabam has made a very clear statement. Those mechanics are not intended to be used on Boss Island. The idea that stopping other Champs with those Abilities is somehow an unforeseen side effect is moot.

No, but Kabam has made a very clear statement. Those mechanics are not intended to be used on Boss Island. The idea that stopping other Champs with those Abilities is somehow an unforeseen side effect is moot.
    No, they didn’t make that clear statement. We have seen written proof that they didn’t. You’re spreading misinformation.

When you read their statement, which did you read “there are a couple abilities playing by different rules”

Or “there are a couple champions playing by different rules”

No, they didn’t make that clear statement. We have seen written proof that they didn’t. You’re spreading misinformation.

When you read their statement, which did you read “there are a couple abilities playing by different rules”

Their statement came from adding the Node. Quite literally it stops those Abilities. You can argue ad nauseum that it was only about those two Champs because the Announcement mentioned it, but it's painfully obvious they're not going to narrow it that much.
    What would you prefer? Gates for War? That would go over like a brick **** house.

Their statement came from adding the Node. Quite literally it stops those Abilities. You can argue ad nauseum that it was only about those two Champs because the Announcement mentioned it, but it's painfully obvious they're not going to narrow it that much.
    No, they added the node because of their design intent. Which was to stop quake and ghost running riot.

You don’t know that they won’t narrow it down that much, that is literally the point of all our feedback that you seem so desperate to stamp out. And why do you think it would be such a bad thing to narrow it down? How could more champions to use and more fun to be had ever be a bad thing?

What would you prefer? Gates for War? That would go over like a brick **** house.

Quake and ghost tags. #overpowered. Node on boss island saying the same as true focus but only applied to that tag