**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank up gem offer worth it?

Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Is this TB offer worth it for 2500 units?

Rank up gem offer worth it? 171 votes

Yes
8%
CoatHang3rthe_eradicatorIrakliTexas_11rischioSpaddictedGbailsBeastDadLpooMrddrBigManOnCampusCeltic1981HudsonmanFishWhistle 14 votes
No
91%
DrZolaLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelMagicBentonWorld EaterRaganatorVceeSaiyanbenshbbuffajrTendersquadzuffyquando213TheVyrusDrob69ShaggyMRotellySylarKanameHeadrollersubash_vikram 157 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    No.
    As most offers lately, overpriced
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

I don't know if I'd spend that on a 2-3 gem, let alone a 1-2

I'd argue a 2-3 would be worth 1500 units, but only a generic one.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    No
    Terra said:

It also depends if I had the units already or not
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,338 ★★★★
    Yes
    If you only use units on offers like these, yes it is. You can’t buy the alphas nor the t5 basic for 2500 units when they sell them.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    No
    Not even if it were generic.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    No
    Would be a good offer if it was 500 units.
    For 2500 units, I doubt even 2-3 rank up random gem would be considered a good offer.
    For 2500 units, a generic 2-3 rank up gem would be worthy.
    This offer is just overpriced, as most of the unit offers.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    Thanks all for your inputs. Definitely won’t get it then.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Other - Depends on where your Account is at and how many Units you have to spare. To someone who has a number of R2-R4, perhaps not. To someone who doesn't and can spare the Units, it would be helpful.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Yes

Terra said:

It also depends if I had the units already or not
    I agree , like in my case i have the units via battle chips , so it a good deal for me !
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    No
    If it was a generic rank up gem for 2500 it would be an average deal at best, that would be full retail price, to make a really good deal should be a generic rank up gem w/gold for 2000 units imo, that would be a really good deal.
    But 2500 units for a 1/6 rank up gem when we know we usually get the class we need the least is just not even close to a deal.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I think it is , if you are struggling with T5b and T4cc, and maybe had the units on hand.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

Would be a good offer if it was 500 units.
    For 2500 units, I doubt even 2-3 rank up random gem would be considered a good offer.
    For 2500 units, a generic 2-3 rank up gem would be worthy.
    This offer is just overpriced, as most of the unit offers.

For 2500 units a r3 gem would sell like hot cakes. Even if random class
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    No
    175 units worth of gold + 400-600 unit rank up gem = 2500 units. Kabam is really good at math!
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    No
    I wouldn't buy a generic r2 gem for that, and this isn't even a selector.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,338 ★★★★
    Yes
    Hudsonman said:

It really depends on your spend habits/number of units and if you have champs worth ranking up. Easiest way to obtain these resources outside of content is glory. The amount of glory required to R2a 6* is roughly 30,000. That would take me about 6 weeks to get. I hit the 22 hour events almost all the time and grind out 600K pts in 4* arena and 1 Mill in 5* usually twice a week. doing this along with the alliance events and event quest completion i average about 600 units a week. so it would take me just over 4 weeks in units for this offer. I currently have 5000 units and plenty of 6* in each class i would be happy to take to rank 2. I have 100% all content so don't need the units for anything pressing. I am not a big spender but I do spend on 4th of July and black Friday so i will use the units from those deals on the unit offers. so for me its worth. But by no means am i saying this is a good deal. It's just slightly better than the regular system they have in place. If i was free to play id save my units for cyber weekend. If i had content to do id use my units on content. But in my situation-its worthwhile for me.

This was exactly my point as well. If you are free to play, this deal is fair based on what these items cost with units and glory on a regular basis.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,076 ★★★★
    No
    NOPE. They want entirely too many units, and it's too much of a gamble and risk of not getting the RUG you really need. It's not a generic RUG, which is more useful, and that's not enough gold. It takes 530,000 gold to rank a 6* from 1 to 2, plus more gold to level them up after that. MAYBE it would be worth it IF you have the units to throw away, and IF you have a champ in every class that you want to rank. Other than that...NOPE. Kabam loves to make these overpriced but under-resourced offers, especially when a major event is near. Don't buy any of these insane, unit guzzling offers. Keep your units for the fast approaching Cyber weekend. Same goes for Awakening Gems.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    No
    Absolutely not. Go take those 2500 units and finish content. You'll get more out of it
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    No
    No for multiple reasons. First of all it’s a crystal, you have no guaranteed you’ll get a rank up gem you can use. Second, it’s definitely overpriced.
  • Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    This could have been a good deal, but then they added RNG to it.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    No
    In case you didn’t complete Act 7.1 or 7.2, use those units to buy energy refill and you can get r1-r2 gem after each Act completion.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Yes
    It's a good deal to me. It's units, not money, we can grind for it. And 2500 units is not that much.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    No
    Only of you have completed everything on the game and have a real good amount of units that you can't spend anyway