**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Overrated champions

Konstant45Konstant45 Posts: 571 ★★★★
We've talked a lot about underrated champions but i think its time we shed some light on some overrated champions in this game. So tell me what you think are some of the overrated champions which are wayy too hyped for their actual use in this game
I'll start: stealth suit spiderman
All for utility that he has is a slow debuff, to acess which we need to sacrifice a good deal of damage, sometimes I cant even put the slow on the opponent without them evading me into oblivion because of his 7 hit combo.

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Parry
    LLLML
    Slow applied

What about debuff immune or stun immune matchups? I get your point of LLLML and I have something even better to raise to that, parry LLLL.
    But in matchups where the opponent is stun immune, you have to be crazy lucky for the opponent to not evade into your combo.
    LLLL won't work for mix masher
    Trust me I've tried....
    In the case of debuff immune matches Lots of champs will fail
    I think only 1 or 2 champs has passive slow
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Elsa.

What have you done
  • Kingmonger_2099Kingmonger_2099 Posts: 42
    edited September 2021
    King groot
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Nearly any champion in good hands can perform well. So, while I personally think that for ex. Omega is a bit overrated, in good hands he can do incredible things and therefore I can't call him overrated. He is good and can achieve godly feats in hands of a skilled player. How could I say he is overrated then?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    Relatively newer players in low-mid tier AW/AQ upgrading unduped 5* sunspot for prestige.
    Now that's how you identify overrated.

It not like I'm judging anyone just cuz I see 2-3 players say this kind of stuff. They are in surplus.
    They love sunspot, fine you like a champ, you upgrade it, that's how you have fun in the game... then they mention prestige.

The main thing in this case is they don't know why players in top competitive alliances owns a rank3 Sig 200 sunspot. They are blinded by ignorance.
  • Riptide368Riptide368 Posts: 114
    Stryfe is overrated because he takes way to much ramp to get pretty solid damage. At least Aegon has an insanely good pay off for his ramp up.
  • Maxwell24Maxwell24 Posts: 413 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    Quake
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

There is a lot of overrated champs.... But overrated is personal opinion in my mind. So much depends on playstyle preference and where you are in the game etc.... Like for me, I think Ghost and Quake are overrated because I hate their playstyles. Of course, they ARE NOT overrated, but I never use them and never will.

That’s just player preference whether someone likes the champ or not. Overrated is when a champ is claimed to be so much more unique/powerful, hyped up than other champs to an exaggerated extent.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Stryfe is overrated because he takes way to much ramp to get pretty solid damage. At least Aegon has an insanely good pay off for his ramp up.

That doesn’t make him overrated.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Is there any truly overrated champ, or is it just a matter of opinion?

I believe Hyperion and Void to be "overrated", but they are probably actually very good champs and I just don't like using them.

I could say Silver Surfer is overrated because I think he should be better while some say he is fine, but...

Hmm.
  • AddictorAddictor Posts: 380 ★★★
    Overrated Champs:
    Quake
    CGR
    Colossus
    Sorcerer Supreme
    Professor X
    Stryfe