**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This lag is killing us. Please do maintenance tonight.

Please take the servers down and do maintenance tonight. This lag makes me wanna open up a book and actually read :# .

Comments

• Options
    They need to drop some indexes, clear a cache, restart a service or somthin lol
  • Options
    HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    You probably have an old outdated device and expect this game to run great on it.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Heartless wrote: »
    You probably have an old outdated device and expect this game to run great on it.

That's just nonsense. Game lag has been a problem for years, but over the last month or so it is seems to be worse.
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Game is running fine for me. Kabam even acknowledged that the lag issues can be very device specific. Whether a devices have the minimum ram requirement, has stuff running in the background , or other various issue. It’s the same reason why a Computer game could run fine on one device and not other computer that is very similar.

People need to understand that this game does not run on a console. Every device is different and what is on those devices or how those devices run are out of Kabams control.
    While I’m sure there are some optimizations that can be done, there is only so much that can be done and to not screw up something else.
  • Options
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Heartless wrote: »

That's just nonsense. Game lag has been a problem for years, but over the last month or so it is seems to be worse.

Yeah I agree with Mike. I have iPhone 7 Plus. So there’s no excuse except the program I’m running e.g. the game. I’ve been playing this game since 2014 this is far more recent and worse.

• Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I don’t know what doing server maintenance would fix. The game runs locally on our devices for the most part. It may be device specific, but I see people running it on an iPhone 6 with no problems. My iPhone barely runs it, and my new-ish iPad PRO lags a bit. I have tried turning all the background process off. There is something more going on here. It never was a problem before 12.0.
  • Options
    I was playing earlier n everything was fine..last 5 hours can't play..says unable to connect check internet connection??!! Wtf!!? All my other apps/games work fine..server maintenance?? Nothing on the Facebook page etc.. anybody else having this issue..
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Nope. This occurs across most devices. Saying buy a new iPhone won't help anyone. I bought a new tablet and it's laggier there than my old one.
  • Options
    I’m running iOS 11.1.1 and after doing some research on this release from Apple (and this pains me to say) but the lag and drops in network connectivity just might be more intricate than I thought. Kabam isn’t completely off the hook just yet though, however there is definitely some stability issues within my operating system within itself.
  • Options
    PilgrimmPilgrimm Posts: 18
    When will the lag be fixed?!!! I never had this in previous updates. It only started on 14 or 15.
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    TheBlet wrote: »
    How specific is a lot of iPhone and iPads have the same issue besides the fact that it’s Apple?
    Apple has been having a lot of problems with their recent updates. Kabam doesn’t make the iPhone software and not everyone is running the same version. Older devices may not be able to update to the newer stuff, but also has the issue of well....being older.
    Same can be said for Android devices, but that is even worse, cause there are many many MANY different versions.

As I’ve said in the past, put this game on a home or portable console and it would elimate all your issues.