**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ROL WS Solo!

charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
So yeah,The first Time I beat this guy,had to be a solo.I don't know how to paste a screenshot here,so...
I hit him 884 times,highest combo 193,With a 2/35 unduped 5* Old man logan
I am 53k,Level 43 and have 102 heroes

I'm kinda over the moon...No,The galaxy at the moment:smiley:

Any tips on enemies to Come? Especially juggernaut.

Comments

• MarkxMarkx Posts: 209
    Hope you brought a heal block champ for Wolvie, for juggs I think a power control champ should do.
  • lose the OML cuz he sucks
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

&
    lose the OML cuz he sucks

I agree he sucks, utility it was his regen that kept me alive,but Wolverine, Though,Is gonna be tough.
    edited November 2017
    My 'team',when I did a "high-combo practice session" that went wrong is...
    Old man logan unduped 5* 2/35
    Scarlet Witch Dupe lvl 22 4* 4/40
    Venom unduped 5* 2/35
    Captain Marvel unduped 4* 3/30
    Spider man (classic) unduped 4* 3/30 (Also my strongest team)
  • Being able to bring down WS without dying is the first step to running RoL without having to spend significant cash.

I don't think Juggernaut is really a problem. He can take forever to kill but he is not bleed immune so lots of things can bring him down fairly quickly: X-23, Wolverine, Gwenpool, Archangel. The main thing is to practice baiting specials and always save your own. If you find Juggernaut slowly pushing you to the wall and cornering you, use a special to break out of the corner and start baiting again.

I think the two fights you have to think carefully about are Wolverine and Scarlet Witch. Wolverine generally requires something that can reverse heal, consistently block heal, or weaken heal. The traditional antidote for Wolverine is Guillotine, but it takes practice to land the heal reversals fast enough to avoid all your souls expiring. You cannot dance around with Wolverine waiting for the right moment: you have to be aggressive. That's what tends to cause problems for some people. These days, other things can bring him down. Archangel, for example, can neurotoxin him to death. I think if you can build up a long enough combo on Gwenpool she can also halt his healing, but I've never tried it before myself. And I believe a well played Dr. Voodoo can bring him down by stacking poison on him which both damages him and reduces the potency of his healing.

Scarlet Witch is mostly about poison immunity. She procs poison on you like crazy but if you remember to bring an immune champ that goes away. The catch is not many champions are both immune and have a lot of healing, so players that need healing to deal with the long RoL fights might be challenged here. Ultron works well here and has two heals, and alternatively Hulk works here if you can avoid getting hit by specials and just smack her down.

True story: I practiced bringing down Winter Soldier with X-23 for weeks before deciding to go for it. And then literally just before I decided to make the attempt I duped my Scarlet Witch (pre 12.0) and thought, great, I can use her to run right over RoL. The actual morning of my attempt was the day that Kabam broke criticals game-wide, and I didn't know that.

g2cszf4mjakv.png

Scarlet Witch kinda relies on criting. Without crits, let's just say my RoL run went slightly longer than I had anticipated. Kinda wished I had brought X-23 instead.

PS: you can actually copy a picture in Windows, and then paste it right into the posting window. It uploads a copy of the picture and puts a link to it automatically. That's how I posted the picture above.
    H5zn5n2ndxjux.png
    Here we go.
    irj7gytipds8.png
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Lol... I'm still mad about them breaking crits. I was on a timetable to finish an event when that happened. Of course I was using SW and things didn't go well. Cost me quite a few extra revives. Sent in a ticket and was told tough luck several times. Taught me a lesson about Kabams customer service.

Anyway Congrats to OP on the milestone! Many more to come.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Lol... I'm still mad about them breaking crits. I was on a timetable to finish an event when that happened. Of course I was using SW and things didn't go well. Cost me quite a few extra revives. Sent in a ticket and was told tough luck several times. Taught me a lesson about Kabams customer service.

Anyway Congrats to OP on the milestone! Many more to come.

Thanks,Man!
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    IMO you're better off with SW.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Congrats brah, you should do your run with S.Witch as your main damage dealer, and focus and a good support crit team, ideal, Mags(Red),Wolvie and Clops if you have them. You could even use magik, jugggernaut as well. Big thing is, you need an answer for wolverine, otherwise it's going to be a tough run. Guilly if you have her or other options are Doc Voodoo, Archangel and even Loki, surprisingly.
    Congrats brah, you should do your run with S.Witch as your main damage dealer, and focus and a good support crit team, ideal, Mags(Red),Wolvie and Clops if you have them. You could even use magik, jugggernaut as well. Big thing is, you need an answer for wolverine, otherwise it's going to be a tough run. Guilly if you have her or other options are Doc Voodoo, Archangel and even Loki, surprisingly.

I have guilly as a 4*,It's just a matter of time for when I take her to 4/40.
    I think the hardest fights are unstoppable juggernaut,healing Wolvie and Raged Hulk,Am I Right?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don’t have one old man Logan as a 4* or 5* lol. I’ve been playing for 2 years haha
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    The thing about guilly is that you can take wolvie down with a 3* version. You're relying entirely on her heal reversal do kill him for you. The damage you deal is negligible in comparison. It's the only fight you use her for and the only reason for her to be 4* or higher level is to be able to absorb more block damage.

The team I'm building for a ROL run is:
    X23 (R5 sig 30)
    Scarlet (R4 sig 30 - soon to be R5)
    Guilly (R5 Sig 79)
    Hype or Hulk (both R5 sig 20)
    Starlord (R3 Sig 99 - soon to be R5)

I also have R5 Gwenpool and AA

I have the champs to do it, just never seem to have the time to practice the 300+ hits or stockpile units/revives/pots.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    PS: Solid work on your first WS takedown. It's an awesome feeling. Good luck on the rest of the run!
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    I just kept doing practice runs to see how far I could get with no potions. Last weekend my practice run went very well so I just kept on going and was able to finish with about 600 units worth of potions spent.

Used 5* Sparky, 4* Guillotine, 4* Miles, 4* Electro, and 4* Archangel
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    If you spam Yondu’s SP1 the heal block lasts long enough to get you back to another SP1. Rinse and repeat.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Just take a Starlord that its at least 40/40 and put synergy team for him and u ll be fine. But also bring a poison imune for SW
    Here's my 4 and 5* roster. 3uvub231lr4t.png
    iv4rvdzuq6r8.png
    w5rtpavaf4ja.png
    Any advice in rank up priority for ROL Prep?
  • So yeah,The first Time I beat this guy,had to be a solo.I don't know how to paste a screenshot here,so...

What a LEGEND! :smile: Keep it up!...
    Heard a lot of people say Guillotine is the way to go for Wolverine, so you might wanna R4/40 her, hope that helps :smile:
    X_KING_X wrote: »
    So yeah,The first Time I beat this guy,had to be a solo.I don't know how to paste a screenshot here,so...

What a LEGEND! :smile: Keep it up!...
    Heard a lot of people say Guillotine is the way to go for Wolverine, so you might wanna R4/40 her, hope that helps :smile:

It helps,And thanks,Man!
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    Congrats on that Milestone! :D

Juggernaut is quite an interesting fight.
    * you either want him with no power so he won't trigger Unstoppable. So a power drain/lock character can be a good option (Hawkeye, Vision, Magik..)
    * Or if you can stun him quite constantly, you can control the fight (Hulk, Thor..)
    * Or a regen character like X-23 or Wolvie so you can take block damage and not worry too much.

SW and Wolvie have been covered. (I personnaly used Ultron for SW and Guillotine for Wolvie).

I did my run with X-23 and had a hard time facing Vision. The fight itself is not difficult but it takes ages with class disadvantage and bleed immunity. Ultron was a lot faster than X-23 for this fight. I suppose Hulk could do great here.
    Now to solo him constantly without breaks,I'll need practice to overcome repetitive hand strain and high-combo lag,:lol:
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    take a gully for wolvie and just use a crit team behind sw and you will be ok
    Wow,I came dismally close to beating him a second time,Only 13k was left,I guess,I need more practice.
  • ajax2888ajax2888 Posts: 47
    I also beat WS today for the first time. :) . Died once with Iceman, then finished with Arch Angel
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    If you have a morningstar, even 3*, bringing her with Guillotine will allow you to keep the souls more and place the reverse healing way more easily.
    Second solo!
    4ouh4e0g80rz.png
    Substantially better,Lost less health,Highest combo was also higher!:smiley:
  • https://imgur.com/a/sfbM2
    Wish me luck lol
    https://imgur.com/a/sfbM2
    Wish me luck lol

Good Luck!