**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drive to a Million Facebook Likes!

Comments

• Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Don't worry, I see now. You don't wanna spend $1... that's on you then isn't it.

How many 13 to 16 year olds play this game? How many of them have a credit card.......probably 0. So yes it's rather ridiculous that Kabam makes it a dollar and not 100 units so that everyone that "LIKES" the page can actually get the reward. But you are just so focused on it only costs $1. Well if thats the case and it's just a dollar then why don't you fund all the people in this game that helped reach the 1 million goal by paying their dollar. It's just a dollar a person should be pretty easy for you.

I kinda get what you are saying here.....and if the 1 dollar crystal was the only thing that was going to happen if they hit their facebook goal...I would kinda agree with you. But since it also includes the 2* arena which will give out 10k 5* shards at no financial cost as long as you put in the effort....there is a benefit that does not involve giving Kabam money....

Yes but it's not an equal benefit. Don't forget there's a high probability of pulling a terrible 5* while the $1 crystal guarantees a god tier 4*. So it's not apples to apples. This obviously doesn't affect me at all but I can see why a lot of players with facebook pages would say forget this I'm not liking it since they tied it to a purchase offer. It's just bad marketing which unfortunately this game is known for.
    edited November 2017
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Don't worry, I see now. You don't wanna spend $1... that's on you then isn't it.

How many 13 to 16 year olds play this game? How many of them have a credit card.......probably 0. So yes it's rather ridiculous that Kabam makes it a dollar and not 100 units so that everyone that "LIKES" the page can actually get the reward. But you are just so focused on it only costs $1. Well if thats the case and it's just a dollar then why don't you fund all the people in this game that helped reach the 1 million goal by paying their dollar. It's just a dollar a person should be pretty easy for you.

your local grocery store should sell gift cards to itunes or google play of which you can pay for it in any acceptable legal tender you wish.

Do 13 year olds drive cars? Weird I didn't think they could. And do they really sell $1 itunes gift cards? Pretty sure the answer is no to that also.
  • Harit_kumarHarit_kumar Posts: 76
    Raganator wrote: »
    That is not fair :'(:'(:'(

Please explain how it is "unfair".

Because there no any good option left in skill class after Gwenpool
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    That is not fair :'(:'(:'(

Please explain how it is "unfair".

Because there no any good option left in skill class after Gwenpool

Not even close to accurate.
    13-16 year old's also have free will and can "like" or "not like" the Facebook page if they feel the need to protest this event. It's amazing how controversial this announcement has been. It's just another event, do it or don't do it. Benefit from it or don't.

Thats my whole point, its HORRIBLE MARKETING lol. Kabam alienated a large group of their player base which makes me shake my head at who's making decisions.

Your argument assumes 13-16 year olds feel alienated by this event. If you are in that age range, then you are a single data point. If you are not, then your assumption stretches even further. Are you a marketing professional? Do all marketing campaigns target a products entire demographic with each offer? Answer: No.

Your argument assumes that you are not alienated by this event. If you are in that age range, then you are a single data point. If you are not, then your assumption stretches even further. Are you a marketing professional? Do all marketing campaigns target a products entire demographic with each offer? Answer: To maximize likes on a social media platform....Yes
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    This would all be "okay" if the crystal cost 10$ or something like that. Selling this crystal at 1$ is basically a gift (which it really is in this scenario) that is only available for pay2win players
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    This would all be "okay" if the crystal cost 10$ or something like that. Selling this crystal at 1$ is basically a gift (which it really is in this scenario) that is only available for pay2win players

nah, i'm pretty okay with it being $1 as well, i'm sure, are a lot of other people.

also, nowhere has this been stated by kabam that this was a gift. in both the in game message and the announcement it says that they will be adding a $1 crystal.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★

You still have yet to explain why you "can't" spend $1 on this offer. Until you do explain that I just assume you are choosing to not buy the "gift".

Again for the last time, if it was for units instead of $$$ Regardless of the amount then 100% of the player base could benefit from it. You can't argue that point, instead they are alienating a group of players that will now most likely not hit the like button therefore making us miss the goal. ITS TERRIBLE MARKETING and all players should be wondering why Kabam decided to alienate a large player base when they could've made if for units and gotten more likes. They made it even HARDER FOR US TO REACH THE GOAL LOL. And everyones like but its a dollar, well thats not the point its that we won't hit the target most likely due to POOR MARKETING LOL! Jeez!
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★

I agree. 4* crystals have cost $30 in the past through things like the daily crystal card. Or 2500 units or once or twice they cost like 1400 units. If you scale an Odin down to that then the cost of this at $1 is truly a good deal. There are lots of free survey sites out there that allow you to build credits from iTunes or Google play. I used to be in an alliance with a guy who was a pure Free to Play player yet did enough surveys to buy at least an Odin per month.

nah, i'm pretty okay with it being $1 as well, i'm sure, are a lot of other people.

also, nowhere has this been stated by kabam that this was a gift. in both the in game message and the announcement it says that they will be adding a $1 crystal.

Selling something like this at this price to commemorate an achievement ... Yep it's a gift basically
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    WAIT!! This is only if you guys get 1 million likes by then? GTFO! Whats so hard about doing this regardless of likes?

Likes are a way of showing players and fans backup, its just that, you can GO and give a Like and then Dislike... Goal is clear, just to reach the 1M Likes.
    Fluffy wrote: »

You still have yet to explain why you "can't" spend $1 on this offer. Until you do explain that I just assume you are choosing to not buy the "gift".

Free2play players decide to not spend any money due to 2 reasons minimum:
    -They simply don't want to spend;
    -They can't spend due to a variety of reasons. This was already analized and explored in the previous posts
  • Ya guy’s couldn’t have waited to have all this debate until seeing if we even hit the 1,000,000 likes on FB? lol

All this for something that prolly won’t even happen.....

And for those that say it’s “poor marketing”.....Kabam is notorious for poor marketing and there are still players that spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars on the game hands over fist. So poor marketing is a moot point imo...

• FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★

-They can't spend due to a variety of reasons. This was already analized and explored in the previous posts[/quote]

1. Well if they CHOOSE not to spend that's their choice. You are free to make that choice...but there are consequences to choices.
    2. No it wasn't.

Again for the last time, if it was for units instead of $$$ Regardless of the amount then 100% of the player base could benefit from it. You can't argue that point, instead they are alienating a group of players that will now most likely not hit the like button therefore making us miss the goal. ITS TERRIBLE MARKETING and all players should be wondering why Kabam decided to alienate a large player base when they could've made if for units and gotten more likes. They made it even HARDER FOR US TO REACH THE GOAL LOL. And everyones like but its a dollar, well thats not the point its that we won't hit the target most likely due to POOR MARKETING LOL! Jeez!

That would just alienate the players who didn't have units. Do you even think about those unfortunate souls who don't have enough units for the crystal and choose not to do anything to gain more units? What about them? How selfish can you be?

Players are still able to buy units from the unit store.
    If players can buy offers with real money then they can also buy offers for units
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

That would just alienate the players who didn't have units. Do you even think about those unfortunate souls who don't have enough units for the crystal and choose not to do anything to gain more units? What about them? How selfish can you be?

Players are still able to buy units from the unit store.
    If players can buy offers with real money then they can also buy offers for units

What about those who refuse to spend money and refuse to grind for units? What about them? They should get the deal too!
  • So should we "Drive for a million likes" before or after continuous maintenance with little or no compensation? Don't worry I'll wait. 🙄😒🤔
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    It's the same as any other Offer. F2P people won't benefit either way. That's the same for any Offer. It's not unfair. It's called value for money. A small amount, yes. Same difference. Just as some Offers are not for everyone, the same applies to this. It's an Offer. Not a Gift. It's for money. Not everything that comes along will be for everyone, and I'm sorry but if people don't make purchases, they don't get any Offers.
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148

-They can't spend due to a variety of reasons. This was already analized and explored in the previous posts

If they choose not to spend money then they have no right to complain about cash deals.

Chossing Not to Spend Money it's precisely their Answer for the cash deals.

Choosing Not to Spend Money its just what gives them right to Complain for the cash deals, since its most possible explanation is that Cash deals are just BS, then proper answer IS not to spend money.

Selling something like this at this price to commemorate an achievement ... Yep it's a gift basically

but it's not a gift and no where does kabam call this a gift. in fact, they call it a $1 crystal.

the gift angle doesn't work because it's not true.
    Solswerd wrote: »

....if I ever get "analized and explored" I am calling a lawyer....

have a like.