**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Any update on nerfing high ground in war?

Lolasaker123Lolasaker123 Posts: 1
edited November 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Just looking for clarification because of the punishing block damage on opponents that aren’t that straight forward with intercepting. The answer can’t always be just to intercept your way through a hard war fight.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The other answers are

1) managing your combo meter
    2) energy resistance
    3) blowing the opponent up before it matters
    4) regeneration
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    I see no issue with it in all their 2 wars I’m playing
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Higher tiers didn't have it last season. Maybe some people would want the "challenge" for the coming season?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,220 ★★★★★
    I don't mind it. It's rough but the items from packages covered it.
    Bring it to T-1 so ytubers can showcase it. It's hard to explain people how to tackle it on daily basis.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I don't mind it. It's rough but the items from packages covered it.
    Bring it to T-1 so ytubers can showcase it. It's hard to explain people how to tackle it on daily basis.

They get it for next season; High ground - 3.
    We will see more complaints and higher level of “nerf” threads appearing.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    We got the "Slow Your Roll" Attack Tactic to enhance the "Untouchables" Defense Tactic. You know, apply the tactic so the opponent can get a ton of extra power gain...

When do we get the Attack Tactic to enhance "High Ground"? I'm expecting something like:

Trenches - Well-timed blocks double the High Ground damage but resets the High Ground Timer back to 0

Sniped - Receiving a blow from any of the defenders special attacks removes all High Ground charges

Vantage Point - Successfully evading any of the defenders special attacks removes a High Ground charge at 50% of the energy damage cost.

What would you pick? You have any ideas on how to make High Ground even more OP?... 😅
  • Options
    Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    In the potion store.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Willsy21 said:

Most of all I would like the top 100 biggest alliances to agree that season 30 should not be played at all, I think that is the best way to abolish high grounds, because what Kabam is doing is punishing everyone who loves this game.

I can confirm my alliance will be participating but the other 99 feel free to take a break lol
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Willsy21 said:

Most of all I would like the top 100 biggest alliances to agree that season 30 should not be played at all, I think that is the best way to abolish high grounds, because what Kabam is doing is punishing everyone who loves this game.

I can confirm my alliance will be participating but the other 99 feel free to take a break lol
    Man you guys are in for a ride then, just look at all these top tier tricky defenders! ;)

• Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Willsy21 said:

Man you guys are in for a ride then, just look at all these top tier tricky defenders! ;)

It’s really just maw and nova right? Nova has some hard counters like sorcerer but I could see maw being tricky?
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    tafre said:

Willsy21 said:

It’s really just maw and nova right? Nova has some hard counters like sorcerer but I could see maw being tricky?
    Maw is 99% going to be on a path 7 node, he is an absolute pain in the ass there.
    SP99 can blow maw up there even with High Ground, took it yesterday in offseason.
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★

Willsy21 said:

Save me a spot :D
  • Options

Willsy21 said:

Funnily, it does add a lot of difficulty, because
    1) Placing high ground on fights where you cant burst them down is the right placement, and you take a lot of block damage
    2) cant be quaked
    3) Torch nova Mode is 100% required for each of these fights (if using torch)
    4)doom shocks have to be removed asap, else you are taking a ton of damage
    5) adds an extra layer of assignment in wars.

Not to mention block damage is pretty ridiculous. It is not easy, and most of all, quite a potion eater.
    Energy resist options : YJ, Guardian, Sorc Supreme, Havok. WM with prefight. Nobody else really mitigates the energy damage.
    Any time you slow down the fight, the charges build up. It is better to take hits to the face than blocked hits if the fight is taking time.