**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How is Sentinel>Warlock??

So I was going through the whole Werewrym thread when I came across a bunch of people saying that Sentinel>Warlock, including Werewrym himself. I can't believe this is a question but I'm going to stay open-minded. What are the points in favor of Sentinel?

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Werewyrn has a thread for it. Check his history
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★

They are similar champs in abilities and playstyles. But Warlock’s passive heal block and AAR take him one level above Sentinel.

I have then both R5 and awakened. Despite all the Variants that Sentinel is used extensively at, I have overall used Warlock more.

Sentinel has shock and incinerate.

Diff champs for diff uses.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

They are similar champs in abilities and playstyles. But Warlock’s passive heal block and AAR take him one level above Sentinel.

I have then both R5 and awakened. Despite all the Variants that Sentinel is used extensively at, I have overall used Warlock more.

Sentinel has shock and incinerate.

Diff champs for diff uses.
    Warlock has shock and bleed.

But seriously I do think it's fair for everyone to pick their favourite - as you say the situation can determine which is better to use.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    JuggerNot said:

So I was going through the whole Werewrym thread when I came across a bunch of people saying that Sentinel>Warlock, including Werewrym himself. I can't believe this is a question but I'm going to stay open-minded. What are the points in favor of Sentinel?

It's not a living bible though, it's personal opinion.
    Some ppl also may been trolling (not werewym)
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    @Werewrym, the people have spoken
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    They both do very similar things, like heal block, regenerate, and deal high damage. It's just that Warlock does all this better and with less buildup.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Sentinel has killed most humans and Mutants, He is not bound to a body and is a superior AI.

Sentinel is Bigger and Has achieved much more in marvel world, my be ultron is the only Robot who can challenge Sentinal and that's a maybe.

This is simply wrong. An army of sentinels were used to destroy the mutants. Who knows, maybe the one sentinel we get to play as didn’t actually kill anyone in his universe. If we are going off of actually powers out of game, then Nimrod, Ultron, warlock, and plenty of other robots would be able to easily trump a single sentinel
  • Sentinel is an excellent champion, durable and sustainable with multiple types of DoT. He’s also hugely effective against Mutants. I would probably place Warlock slightly above him because of the infection but honestly I don’t think there’s a huge amount in it.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 965 ★★★

Fabwizi said:

Sentinel has killed most humans and Mutants, He is not bound to a body and is a superior AI.

Sentinel is Bigger and Has achieved much more in marvel world, my be ultron is the only Robot who can challenge Sentinal and that's a maybe.

This is simply wrong. An army of sentinels were used to destroy the mutants. Who knows, maybe the one sentinel we get to play as didn’t actually kill anyone in his universe. If we are going off of actually powers out of game, then Nimrod, Ultron, warlock, and plenty of other robots would be able to easily **** a single sentinel
    If one Sentinel has killed, then they all have. Sentinels have a singularity AI/hive mind or whatever, so their experience is shared among all of them. It's why one Sentinel can self destruct in the game, and another arrives to take it's place where the last one left off.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,310 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Check Vids on YouTube, sentinel easily out damages ws in lesser hits and time than warlock, great against mutant, long debuffs after analysis completion, great DOTs, good with suicides. Overall even I am agreeing with werewrym and this is why I have a r4 5 star sentinel
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    psp742 said:

No one mentioned Ultron.. after his buff.. he is much improved and arguably a contender for one of the top robot in mcoc.. -80% duration from incinerate and shock (its not full immunity like Warlock to frostbite but less duration is still good).
    another plus is 65.9% regen back from energy damage as well as power, solid regen when hit threshold of 50% and 25% health.. can bleed and degen opponents.. need I say more?

I recently finished V6 exploration and most of the final chapter I was running double Ultron with HB synergy. He's the MVP for it.
    He's definitely better than Sentinel and better than Warlock in certain situations. I have both as r5 and Ultron sees more use.
    Warlock is better for general use because of Ultron's dependence on bleed when you're not fighting mutants.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    I see a lot of comments saying this is just his opinion which he's entitled to, which of course is true. But I'm reading the OP as genuinely interested in hearing the debate for Sentinel being better. I prefer warlock as well so I wouldn't be opposed to hearing the case for Sentinel too. Even though there's quite a few champs that fill the role too now to me Warlocks hard countering Havok and Sinister (and domino to a lesser extent) and having the best regen counter in the game puts him ahead, its just too valuable against those champs in tough matchups.