**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you think the power bar dimming is quite misleading?

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
I know the purpose of dimming power bar is to show that you can’t use SP when your opponent is launching it. However such a dim may mislead player that it is a power drain or power steal, which affect player decision to launch SP or hit after being hit by SP. IMHO.

Do you think the power bar dimming is quite misleading? 247 votes

Yes, dimming power bar is misleading/unnecessary
36%
Crine60RektorCrys23GarryDKWorld EaterKeonexPaulomotathe_eradicatorCarnage313zuffyjdrum663fmussapphillgreenCat_MurdockPrinceEldarionCassySyndicatedXXGhost_RiderXXGarloMagonus 90 votes
No, I don’t have such issue
59%
danielmathBitterSteelMr_PlatypusMagicBentonGrandOldKaiRaganatorTaxCrimsonBadgerDrenlinJadedCarnageQueenDrake2078TerraDemonzfyreSungjThereticKing_SternyPwf57OliverJWLightvayne 148 votes
Other opinion
3%
Repto23Malreck04MudDragonQuantum_FizzixK_PWill3808Haunted_ghoštKonstant45AidenTheWise 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,004 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Rookiie said:

At first, I didn't like it
    But now I agree with @Terra
    It's actually great

I wonder why so many dislike it, have not seen any conclusive reasons why yet
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Terra said:

Rookiie said:

At first, I didn't like it
    But now I agree with @Terra
    It's actually great

I wonder why so many dislike it, have not seen any conclusive reasons why yet
    Because people like to complain :smile:
    As for the feature, maybe it wasn't needed, but I find the screen much cleaner now with the bar fading away when the opponent is launching a special.
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    No offence but who cares lol, I rarely even notice
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    I'm just used to the old version. Will take some time to get used to the new one. No biggie :)
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I think there is a longer time in between hits than before. Had a special 3 ready and couldn’t launch when stuck in a corner. Defender was able to get off multiple specials and couldn’t ever get opening to launch SP3
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I haven't had an issue with it. Actually like this change
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    The first few fights I did with it, it felt wrong, but I'm 80% sure I was just being a stick in the mud and resistant to change. It's already starting to fade into the background and I'm sure by next week I'll hardly even notice it. It is nice to be able to see when you can throw a special as opposed to before where you'd just spam the button and it would eventually happen
  • Options
    Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Could help you better time special dex's like Emma's SP1. For the most part I parry part 1 and dex part 2, it's just easier than risk getting caught, now, we could be alerted by the dimming of the bar that a special is coming and if you can react quick enough, rather than watching the champ for tell tale signs (especially for those reverse controls), it could make life easier. I think it could help us in the long term. Short term we just need to get used to it.
  • Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Hasn’t bothered me at all but still don’t understand the need for it. This game needs to get its priorities in line and pull back on adding things till they can fix the existing stuff
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I don't mind it per se, but it did sneak up on me in a weird way. I don't remember reading anything about it so I was really confused about why all of my power was suddenly gone. Then it popped back again. Then it was gone again. It didn't take too long to figure out what was happening but a head's up would have been nice.

I do agree that it can probably be tweaked a bit so that you can always see how much power you actually have. Taking away that information is unnecessary.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Other opinion
    Dart1981 said:

Could help you better time special dex's like Emma's SP1. For the most part I parry part 1 and dex part 2, it's just easier than risk getting caught, now, we could be alerted by the dimming of the bar that a special is coming and if you can react quick enough, rather than watching the champ for tell tale signs (especially for those reverse controls), it could make life easier. I think it could help us in the long term. Short term we just need to get used to it.

Yo this is actually a big brain play, gives us a lot of reaction time against champs with super quick specials.
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I like it honestly. I had the issue when it first came out and took me a few secs to figure out what was going on, but I got over it and stopped living in the past :P
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    Initially, I thought I was getting Power Drained, but got used to it. Pretty similar to Special Lock debuff in appearance.

It is just a new thing that players just have to get used to, and then it's perfectly fine. I was fine with the previous way, and am fine with the new way. It is a neutral change at worst, and a helpful change at best.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    Tbh I don't care.. I just adapt to new changes however good or bad they are...
    And I opted out of fight stats screen. It was hindering my arena runs.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 737 ★★★★
    It's annoying. Someone said they should just dim the activation button, leave the bars alone. That'd be best compromise i think
  • Options
    Other opinion
    I would have preferred, just the button dimming, but w/e.

I’d much prefer they fix the gigantic amount of bugs in the game rather than them add more feature that are also broken (Sp3 skip bug, parry/Dex (Unity issues), lag…..) or confusing.
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 520 ★★★
    I think there should be an option in settings of we want it dim or not. Perfect for everyone
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Y'all overthink everything with this game.

For Real
  • Options
    GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    edited November 2021
    I generally don't care either way, but I was doing 7.3.6 kang and it is painful. If I missed an evade and ended up registering as a block, it is hard to see. For that fight, power manipulation during his specials is the most important part.

I did get used to it after a while.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I really like it.

Nuff said
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,004 ★★★★★

Y'all overthink everything with this game.

The way the game and company is designed doesn't exactly foster other thoughts.