**UPDATE**
We are currently working to fix a known issue regarding Alliance Prestige. With the introduction of Relics, Summoner Prestige is now the average PI of your Top 5 Champions and the average PI of your Top 5 Relics (regardless of which Champion they are attached to) combined.

Today we pushed a fix that will allow for proper reward calculations in Alliance Quests. However, the display for Alliance Prestige will not be accurate and does not include Relic Prestige. This is a display issue only.

Extended 8hr maintenance, poor form indeed

I’m trying to understand how maintenance needs to increase from 2hrs to 8hrs, 2hrs I can plan for, 8hrs requires no plan at all as I’ll not be able to login, is there perhaps a better way to go about maintenance maybe have it on a day that doesn’t matter, perhaps have a day set aside that no events are running to perform maintenance, and 30min timers are nice, but AQ once started requires a set amount of time to run its course, explored or not...I think there could be a better way to accommodate maintenance while having less impact on the community within the target window of time for maintenance to be run...
It is indeed understood that maintenance is needed, but could we get a solution to this disadvantage?
«1

Comments

  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    Well... they just need to do it, maybe it's to sort a problem regarding the game going down a lot recently, maybe it's to add a ton of stuff in for December update.

    They wouldn't do it purposely, not poor form at all.
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    Perhaps it is, and I share a passion for the game like many do, and applaud Kabam for the product they have developed, but could there not be a better way to proceed with less of an impact, are there options that could, would or are being looked at?...I’m a single person within the community, and I’m sure it affects others more so than I, but it never hurts to ask a question...
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    Eh it doesn't really affect me much since most of the downtime is also my night night time. Yes that is selfish, but the game is based in the Western time zones so they bring it down then. Sucks for the East but thems the breaks.

    My issue with the extended downtime is if the game is still a Dumpster fires of bugs and glitches afterwards then why bring it down at all.

    Which is maybe why it’ll never change as those in your situation are the majority and are not affected by maintenance directly, as those who make are affected make up the minority and therefore get overlooked...
  • MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 183
    edited November 2017
    Scud77 wrote: »
    Perhaps it is, and I share a passion for the game like many do, and applaud Kabam for the product they have developed, but could there not be a better way to proceed with less of an impact, are there options that could, would or are being looked at?...I’m a single person within the community, and I’m sure it affects others more so than I, but it never hurts to ask a question...

    Passion? 😂😂😭😂😂
  • It's on the last day of this week's AQ too. Oh well, can't do anything about it.

    I'm expecting, no I'm demanding compensation. For once. Love your players kabam.
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    Maintenance is frustrating both during and in conjunction with trade off issues that appear to stem from it, but reducing or eliminating said frustration it can make the experience better, and hopefully leading to less desirable comments, the common goal is to play and have fun, anything that makes that experience better is only a win
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    Qwerty wrote: »
    complaining about bugs, but also complaining when kabam tries to do something to fix them.

    that's poor form.

    I’m not against maintenance to improve the game, just wish it could have less impact during the time when I could be active
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,818 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Can we have the days calendar reward automatically applied?

    Given the timing of the extended maintenance really sucks for those in the asia pacific region there will be a bunch of people missing a day.
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    But as I’ve seen in other post some are not affected by downtime and care little
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Can we have the days calendar reward automatically applied?

    Given the timing of the extended maintenance really sucks for those in the asia pacific region there will be a bunch of people missing a day.

    are you planning on being asleep for 24h?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Scud77 wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    complaining about bugs, but also complaining when kabam tries to do something to fix them.

    that's poor form.

    I’m not against maintenance to improve the game, just wish it could have less impact during the time when I could be active

    sorry man, world doesn't revolve around you.
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Scud77 wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    complaining about bugs, but also complaining when kabam tries to do something to fix them.

    that's poor form.

    I’m not against maintenance to improve the game, just wish it could have less impact during the time when I could be active

    sorry man, world doesn't revolve around you.

    But I’m not the only one affected at this time...
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    BuzzBee wrote: »
    It's on the last day of this week's AQ too. Oh well, can't do anything about it.

    I'm expecting, no I'm demanding compensation. For once. Love your players kabam.

    Why do we need compensation before anythings even happened? That's a new one!

    30min timers AQ can be finished quick time.

    Maintenance won't affect anything
  • Scud77 wrote: »
    I’m trying to understand how maintenance needs to increase from 2hrs to 8hrs, 2hrs I can plan for, 8hrs requires no plan at all as I’ll not be able to login, is there perhaps a better way to go about maintenance maybe have it on a day that doesn’t matter, perhaps have a day set aside that no events are running to perform maintenance, and 30min timers are nice, but AQ once started requires a set amount of time to run its course, explored or not...I think there could be a better way to accommodate maintenance while having less impact on the community within the target window of time for maintenance to be run...
    It is indeed understood that maintenance is needed, but could we get a solution to this disadvantage?

    Unfortunately, there's no good day. AQ runs on an eight day schedule (5 up 3 down) while AW runs on a weekly schedule. Moreover AW matchmaking is disabled on Sunday and reactivated on Wednesday, while the prime arena events happen every day except Sunday.

    The least disruptive time would probably be on a Sunday afternoon when AQ is not running. The next time that will happen is I believe December 10. And if something goes wrong after maintenance there is very limited moderator presence on the forums to report anything to.

    Incidentally, "patch Tuesday" is not a random thing. A lot of operational time tables do major patches and maintenance on a Tuesday. There are many logistical reasons for doing this, but in my experience Tuesday is maintenance day five times more often than any other day, and even we often schedule planned maintenance on either Tuesday or Wednesday whenever possible. There's no one big reason, but an enormous amount of little reasons. If you do preventative maintenance long enough, you eventually learn a lot of them.
  • SCARESCARE Posts: 149
    i honestly think the game needs those 8 hours if it fixes the many many problems im not complaining at all. But if it doesn't fix the problems then those 8 hours would be a complete waste hopefully it fixes everything and go about our business.
  • SCARESCARE Posts: 149
    I'm assuming that 8 hrs means every issue ongoing will be fixed?

    i really hope so
  • RapRap Posts: 3,121 ★★★★
    I think that is the biggest possible issue! That it is down 8 hr. and none of the problems are fixed! If they are then I think it will be worth it. We can survive and and with 24/7 game play it really doesn't seem like there is much other choice at this point. With all the "I've had it!" Posts and the bans...the player pool is shrinking...they gotta fix the holes!
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    They decided that they needed an extended down time for what ever reason. That is always going to affect somebody, somewhere. All games go through it at one point or another. We just have to grit our teeth and get through it and hope things work better on the other side.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,098 ★★★★★
    You guys complain about everything. Servers’ instability, lags, optimization etc, but once Kabam brings the servers down for extended duration to fix and patch things, you guys complain. Urgh.. ridiculous..

    The usual “last week of the month” maintenance is usually longer as, IMO, server side has to be updated to account for next month’s EQ. It’s 2-3 hours, most of the time.

    Add in 5.4 which is a longer quest than the regular EQ, it’s another 3-4 hours. Add in bug fixes and iPhone X optimization, another 1-2 hours, which fit the 8 hour rough timeline exactly.

    They’ve already given us 30min timers for the WHOLE of this AQ series, instead of just maintenance day. That’s more than enough compensation for extended down time.

    Even if you’re awake for the entire 8 hour maintenance, and you sleep 8 hours a day, you have 8 hours of energy (ie 16 energy) to clear your AQ. That’s more than your regular energy without maintenance. If your alliance can’t clear your AQ map with 16 energy per person, you really need to reconsider the map you’re doing.

    Be thankful and quit complaining.
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Scud77 wrote: »
    I’m trying to understand how maintenance needs to increase from 2hrs to 8hrs, 2hrs I can plan for, 8hrs requires no plan at all as I’ll not be able to login, is there perhaps a better way to go about maintenance maybe have it on a day that doesn’t matter, perhaps have a day set aside that no events are running to perform maintenance, and 30min timers are nice, but AQ once started requires a set amount of time to run its course, explored or not...I think there could be a better way to accommodate maintenance while having less impact on the community within the target window of time for maintenance to be run...
    It is indeed understood that maintenance is needed, but could we get a solution to this disadvantage?

    Unfortunately, there's no good day. AQ runs on an eight day schedule (5 up 3 down) while AW runs on a weekly schedule. Moreover AW matchmaking is disabled on Sunday and reactivated on Wednesday, while the prime arena events happen every day except Sunday.

    The least disruptive time would probably be on a Sunday afternoon when AQ is not running. The next time that will happen is I believe December 10. And if something goes wrong after maintenance there is very limited moderator presence on the forums to report anything to.

    Incidentally, "patch Tuesday" is not a random thing. A lot of operational time tables do major patches and maintenance on a Tuesday. There are many logistical reasons for doing this, but in my experience Tuesday is maintenance day five times more often than any other day, and even we often schedule planned maintenance on either Tuesday or Wednesday whenever possible. There's no one big reason, but an enormous amount of little reasons. If you do preventative maintenance long enough, you eventually learn a lot of them.

    Thank you for that perspective, it gives an insight into what restrictions are perhaps placed on Kabam to continue providing a fun game, and to change said timetables and likely many other things would possibly create other issues ;)
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    xNig wrote: »
    You guys complain about everything. Servers’ instability, lags, optimization etc, but once Kabam brings the servers down for extended duration to fix and patch things, you guys complain. Urgh.. ridiculous..

    The usual “last week of the month” maintenance is usually longer as, IMO, server side has to be updated to account for next month’s EQ. It’s 2-3 hours, most of the time.

    Add in 5.4 which is a longer quest than the regular EQ, it’s another 3-4 hours. Add in bug fixes and iPhone X optimization, another 1-2 hours, which fit the 8 hour rough timeline exactly.

    They’ve already given us 30min timers for the WHOLE of this AQ series, instead of just maintenance day. That’s more than enough compensation for extended down time.

    Even if you’re awake for the entire 8 hour maintenance, and you sleep 8 hours a day, you have 8 hours of energy (ie 16 energy) to clear your AQ. That’s more than your regular energy without maintenance. If your alliance can’t clear your AQ map with 16 energy per person, you really need to reconsider the map you’re doing.

    Be thankful and quit complaining.

    Says the guy complaining about everyone else and not adding any constructive comments
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,022 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Qwerty wrote: »
    complaining about bugs, but also complaining when kabam tries to do something to fix them.

    that's poor form.

    What bugs have been fixed by a Tuesday maintenance?

    I think you're all fooling yourselves if you think that any bugs or current issues are going to be fixed, but I would rather be proven wrong.
  • JoitalJoital Posts: 10
    We cry when kabam doesn’t do anything to help fix the bugs, we cry when kabam tries to do something to fix the bugs. What do you guys want?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    complaining about bugs, but also complaining when kabam tries to do something to fix them.

    that's poor form.

    What's bugs have been fixed by Tuesday maintenance?

    It hasn't happened yet, i'm not sure what answer you're looking for?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,818 ★★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Can we have the days calendar reward automatically applied?

    Given the timing of the extended maintenance really sucks for those in the asia pacific region there will be a bunch of people missing a day.

    are you planning on being asleep for 24h?

    Ill be at work until after maintenance starts and asleep by the time it finishes.

    Unlike some who spend their whole life based around IG activity my time is limited to the period that will be almost completely covered by the maintenance.
This discussion has been closed.