**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Quest Season 9 and Map 8 - Coming Nov 19 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Shakti4allShakti4all Posts: 120
    Okay.. was it only me or Kabam just postponed AQ with no notification?
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    SO, the new AQ format is starting up. The AQ maps have been free to run since the input issues started months ago. The input issues still persist. Why are we being forced to pay to play AQ now when nothing has changed?
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

We've asked to look at changing the fight timer to 5 minutes for Map 8. Will let you know what the decision is.

Any news concerning a 5 minutes fight timer in AQ map 8 ?

• Options
    KarmaConnectKarmaConnect Posts: 48
    edited November 2021
    Does "Say Uncle" Global node include all Spider-Man? or just the 4 Peter aparkers? Or just the OG spider-man. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    PsyGrinder_XPsyGrinder_X Posts: 58
    On map5 the only things that have changed are the mini boss and boss? The map is exactly the same. Same champs on the same paths with the same nodes. So basically, everything is the same! Yay?! Ugh.
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 111
    The real question is why is there even a 3% threshold — if you timeout at 3% you should lose 1/2 your health same as if you timeout at 3.1%. At anything other than 1 health point, all champs should survive a timeout.
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 111
    The 3% is another example of unnecessary extra coding that makes that overall game less stable
  • Options
    Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★

Does "Say Uncle" Global node include all Spider-Man? or just the 4 Peter aparkers? Or just the OG spider-man. @Kabam Miike

Maybe nebula?
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Can confirm that Miles Morales does not get the Say Uncle global buff.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Teleus said:

The real question is why is there even a 3% threshold — if you timeout at 3% you should lose 1/2 your health same as if you timeout at 3.1%. At anything other than 1 health point, all champs should survive a timeout.

I suspect that visibility/transparency is part of this. I can’t see if I have 1hp or not.

Also, the salve mastery would basically short circuit the “death only at 1hp” system. Literally run away for one tick and survive.
  • Options
    Bronc0_Bronc0_ Posts: 19
    Map 6 (day 1) opponents now have considerably higher prestige and HP, comparable to previous day 5 opponents.

Is this intended? Day 5 bosses will be really stacked.
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Neither does stealth suit spider-man
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited November 2021

Dukenpuke said:

Neither does stealth suit spider-man
    Neither does stark enhanced. At this point I would assume it only applies to og spider-man if it indeed works. Which is just silly.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Xaro said:

Hello Summoners, we have some new and exciting things coming your way with the release of Season 9! Our team has been working tirelessly on a brand new map that is finally coming your way. Map 8 has a few new mechanics to play around with as well as a new set of themed buffs and repurposed Mini’s and Final bosses for our other maps.

Read all about it here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/284834/alliance-quest-season-9-and-map-8-starting-november-19-2021

Take the time out with corvus away from map 8, thats fine. Its new content, you guys need to milk the AQ whales - We understand times are tough.

The people doing map 7/6/5 Have been using corvus for years to combat your insane over tuning of minis, Red magneto for example. Lets make a mini that can hit for 10k+ into block, but make you heavy him before you can do any damage. and certain paths like Prove youself(Dumbest node ever for AQ)/ Mix Master, or adding the "rage 2.5%" on with the "buffed up" node. I would love to see any member of Kabam run these paths without having to spend a tons of items. I know all you see is dollar signs at the thought of nerfing corvus, but you will kill your game with it. No one will do AQ at all, and your VERY over priced AW potions, wont keep you in business.
    If they fixed the bug why are u getting angry
  • Options
    WolfrhkWolfrhk Posts: 78
    Map5 2nd Torch mini is insane with Buffet on him. Brought in Collosus which in hindsight was a mistake, but should Map5 have defenders that regenerate so much? Seems like it needs to be adjusted, it's bad enough we can only use a handful of Incinerate immune champs now.
  • Options
    User5000User5000 Posts: 89
    For now se can pass Wirth Ângela or red hulk
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    Wolfrhk said:

Map5 2nd Torch mini is insane with Buffet on him. Brought in Collosus which in hindsight was a mistake, but should Map5 have defenders that regenerate so much? Seems like it needs to be adjusted, it's bad enough we can only use a handful of Incinerate immune champs now.

It’s nothing new, we had this mini 2 years ago. Very boring and not creative. Just use void like 2 years ago
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Can a mod please update us on what to expect for the scoring in map 8? According to my memory, it appears to be giving approximately the same points as map 7. The path fights, anyway. Not sure about the bosses yet. Maybe the difference is made up there? But seems weird for the path fights to be the same points?
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    The timer for fights really needs to be increased, especially if the mercy node is going to be on the boss. It took me 3-4 timeouts to get him down using my path champs(mostly doom).
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★

Can a mod please update us on what to expect for the scoring in map 8? According to my memory, it appears to be giving approximately the same points as map 7. The path fights, anyway. Not sure about the bosses yet. Maybe the difference is made up there? But seems weird for the path fights to be the same points?

If we pay double the tickets for the same (or lower depending how it shakes out with lack of mods) rewards, it's not gonna be great.