**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please extend 30 minutes timers for the holidays

Come on Kabam, have some compassion for the community...30 minutes timers during Thanksgiving and Christmas week.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No aq during thanksgiving lol
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    This come around last year, just take an AQ off to celebrate xmas, no ones forcing anyone to play it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Is not a mandatory thing to do it, so don't expect anything at all.
    If they reduce the timers in that period, consider it a bonus
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    They did 30 minute for the end of the year last year to accommodate the holidays. They’ll likely follow suit again this year.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Omni wrote: »
    Please don't with he timers I can do my path after people leave with 30 minute I'm rushed more so when family is here I'd need to move. In aq

If you are feeling pressure from e-friends, I think you need to re-evaluate life.

Any time someone comes on here and suggest shorter timers you chime in about feeling pressure from your allince.

How about you tell your alliance you’re good for a total of 24 moves while the rest of us have the potential to move 48.

If you don’t feel comfortable telling your alliance you have a life outside of this game that is again you’re problem and we shouldn’t be punished because of it.

How are you being punished by the normal timer?

30 minute timers are just annoying with hr my paths line up nice to everyone else with half hour not even close

If kabam sees your post and then lumps it into the “people feeling discouraged” category like they did with the war comment, then we are all being punished.

If you can’t acknowledge the fact 30 minuet timers allow alliances more flexibility to move as they please you are either blind or trolling.

I know you frequent YouTube streams so I’ll chalk it up to you being blind.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Please don't with he timers I can do my path after people leave with 30 minute I'm rushed more so when family is here I'd need to move. In aq

I just can't understand this. You don't have to get on more with shorter timers and when you do have a window to get on you still can do way more and finish faster. It's OK to not move every time you have energy. You need to talk to your alliance and let them know that this can be better for everyone if they can be chill.
    edited November 2017
    The reason we have the Timers is because there is an Extended Maintenance. There is no reason outside of that to have them.

No. Definitely no reason with people traveling for holidays. That would make no sense lmao

If you are feeling pressure from e-friends, I think you need to re-evaluate life.

Any time someone comes on here and suggest shorter timers you chime in about feeling pressure from your allince.

How about you tell your alliance you’re good for a total of 24 moves while the rest of us have the potential to move 48.

If you don’t feel comfortable telling your alliance you have a life outside of this game that is again you’re problem and we shouldn’t be punished because of it.

30 minute timers are just annoying with hr my paths line up nice to everyone else with half hour not even close

If kabam sees your post and then lumps it into the “people feeling discouraged” category like they did with the war comment, then we are all being punished.

If you can’t acknowledge the fact 30 minuet timers allow alliances more flexibility to move as they please you are either blind or trolling.

Again normal occurrence doesn't equal punishment..

Typical I'm a victim mentality going on there.
    30 minute timers actually mess with the system far more. Our foreigners don't even see aq sometimes with them.. the rest of the guys rush the system and send notifications more often interrupting the guys days. Hence annoyance

If you can't see that.. well

Having timers cut in half also doesn’t mean you have to move every 30 mins. If you want to keep hour timers so your “foreign” (pretty sure the term is international btw) allince members can still participate then do that. No one is forcing you to move other than yourself.

Also you’re argument that hour timers allow for your movements to flow better doesn’t make any sense as the time still moves evenly for all members. However if the first section of let’s say map 5 took 3 hours to complete it now can take as little as 1.5 hours.

• Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★

30 minute timers actually mess with the system far more. Our foreigners don't even see aq sometimes with them.. the rest of the guys rush the system and send notifications more often interrupting the guys days. Hence annoyance

Sounds like a problem with your alliance then, not a global problem. If it is that big of a deal, just tell your alliance that you will not be able to move every 30 minutes. If they are on demanding you to move, maybe you should search for a better alliance. Problem solved.
    Jwallace25 wrote: »

Sounds like a problem with your alliance then, not a global problem. If it is that big of a deal, just tell your alliance that you will not be able to move every 30 minutes. If they are on demanding you to move, maybe you should search for a better alliance. Problem solved.

He’s playing dumb. He knows very well he can still move every hour and if not be any different. I also doubt he plays with line notifications on as it is annoying for them to pop up on screen while playing.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The reason we have the Timers is because there is an Extended Maintenance. There is no reason outside of that to have them.

No. Definitely no reason with people traveling for holidays. That would make no sense lmao

First of all, the AQ is designed for 1-Hour Timers. Secondly, it's a global game. Not all Players celebrate the same holidays.

First of all, the AQ is designed for 1-Hour Timers. Secondly, it's a global game. Not all Players celebrate the same holidays.

1st of all it was designed badly because 1/2 hour timers work better. Secondly lets make it 1/2 an hour during all holidays around the globe. Works for me.

1st of all it was designed badly because 1/2 hour timers work better. Secondly lets make it 1/2 an hour during all holidays around the globe. Works for me.

It doesn't work better. That's why it's an hour. Perhaps for those that want to finish as fast as possible. However, there are all Time Zones and walks of life playing. Not everyone has the same schedule.
    edited November 2017

It doesn't work better. That's why it's an hour. Perhaps for those that want to finish as fast as possible. However, there are all Time Zones and walks of life playing. Not everyone has the same schedule.

I'm sorry but this is stupid. 1/2 hour timers allow alliances with people in different time zones and different work schedules much more flexibility. If you want everyone to have to find ways to login whenever they have energy on map 6 so that there isn't a time crunch at the end then you are correct, 1 hour timers work better. If you want people to be able to login when they can and not have a time crunch then there is no sense in which one hour timers work better. Have you ever run map 6? It's not about finishing as fast as possible. It's about allowing people with busy lives to not have to constantly login. If everyone had the same schedule one hour timers would be fine lmao. You're point that not everyone has the same walk of life and time zone is why 1/2 hour timers are better. More flexibility. Do you deny that 1/2 hour timers allow more flexibility for people with multiple time zones and walks of life? Oh wait, you've already addressed this on different threads and won't comment...
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★

No reason for you is what you mean. Others have jobs, kids, commitments etc. You do not speak for everyone, certainly not for me.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    No please!!! Don’t want to be having to log in every 30 minutes
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Looks like the argument is for 45 mins. Split the difference.
    @DrOctavius2_2 why would you have to log in every 30 minutes? How do people not get that if you login less you can still finish faster. With 30 minute timers even if everyone doesn't login for hours you can still finish faster. This shouldn't be hard.
    No one in my alliance feels the need to login the second they have energy. When we have 1/2 hour timers it just means when you do login you can fight several fights instead of one.
    It seems to me that the reason why 1/2 hour timers are detrimental is stupidity... more options and more flexibility ought to be an unmitigated benefit.
    So the entire player base has to suffer for the stupidity of the few. Probably will get a warning now but I don't care. This is really dumb.
    Besides the fact that not everyone can log on every 2 and a half hours, there are also Time Zones that are the opposite of ours. Our day is their night. By the time they can log on, the Map is done. Certainly with the lower Maps. Just because some see it as a positive doesn't mean it's what's best for everyone.
    edited November 2017
    Besides the fact that not everyone can log on every 2 and a half hours, there are also Time Zones that are the opposite of ours. Our day is their night. By the time they can log on, the Map is done. Certainly with the lower Maps. Just because some see it as a positive doesn't mean it's what's best for everyone.

The map being done doesn't hurt anyone. It's good for everyone. And in our experience it's quite the reverse. International players go to bed with no chance at the boss unless we get to section 3 on day one. 1/2 hour timers allow our international players more action not less.

The map being done doesn't hurt anyone. It's good for everyone. And in our experience it's quite the reverse. International players go to bed with no chance at the boss unless we get to section 3 on day one. 1/2 hour timers allow our international players more action not less.

Right. So not participating doesn't hurt anyone? Hmm...
    We have a guy in Australia who laughs every time we have 1/2 hour timers at the idea that it's detrimental for him because he has a better chance to fight the boss.