**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How was this a tie?

RawwryDRawwryD Posts: 25
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
I thought the whole point of defender rating was to settle ties. And since our rating was higher that means we should have won right? Even if we didn’t I can’t believe a tie means only Kabam wins. We both drop points and no one gets winner rewards? Come on. Please explain this to me. 2crrr2j2lxbw.png
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,190 ★★★★★
    Statistically, any system is not going to prevent a tie. In the event there is one, this is what happens. The double Loss is a separate issue. Either way, it can happen.
    winterthur wrote: »
    938,867 * 0.002 = 1,877.734
    938,549 * 0.002 = 1,877.098

Wow ...

So it seems the system only counts whole numbers.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Kabam has obviously never heard or rounding lmao. And irregardless, it still shoulda been your w.
  • Out of curiosity what was the numbers for defender kills for each side? I think they need to bring back points for that and it could have resolved this situation
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Rektor wrote: »
    The goal is for these two things to exist as tie breakers. That doesn’t mean their existence will prevent ties.

Come again?

Meaning the metrics will be small enough that their significance is to break ties. Not that they will prevent ties from here on in. It's pretty much impossible to prevent ties in a numerical scoring system. There will be ties now and then. That's just a reality.

Yeah, if only there were other factors they could use as tiebreakers in the unlikely event of such numerical ties. Maybe...oh I don't know...perhaps...most number of players with funny names? MyDixNurAzz is a favorite. Or u know, maybe def. kills and all the other nonsense.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    The goal is for these two things to exist as tie breakers. That doesn’t mean their existence will prevent ties.

Come again?

Meaning the metrics will be small enough that their significance is to break ties. Not that they will prevent ties from here on in. It's pretty much impossible to prevent ties in a numerical scoring system. There will be ties now and then. That's just a reality.

Ties weren't so common back then, this new version is wacked. You still completely support it because if benefits you, you don't have to worry about dying, so you don't look that incompetent...right? If you think this is a war game mode...than you are a lunatic...though it's leaning more to snowflakes.

Money is power, kabam is reeeeeal greedy.
    Rounding up I could accept, but ties are possible with that system as well. Defender Kills I'm not entertaining. Ties are possible no matter what metrics are used.
    Rounding up I could accept, but ties are possible with that system as well. Defender Kills I'm not entertaining. Ties are possible no matter what metrics are used.

The new war system brought in more ties, **** why don't they make two versions of war for us lol. You can have your snowflake pillow fight and we can have our skill wars.
  • Indrick781 wrote: »
    Statistically, any system is not going to prevent a tie. In the event there is one, this is what happens. The double Loss is a separate issue. Either way, it can happen.

It's almost like you didn't read the post and why this is a problem. The system designed to decide ties failed. The new AW is horrible and needs to be changed. Defender kills need to be back in play so teams can't pay to win and who has more higher ranked champs doesn't win by default.

Neither system prevented ties. The goal was for Diversity and Defender Rating to act as tie breakers. That doesn't mean they will prevent ties altogether.

Tiebreaker means to decide a winner in a competition where there is a tie, so as usual your wrong, there CANNOT be a tie if a tiebreaker is in place.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    Firemouth wrote: »
    Indrick781 wrote: »

It's almost like you didn't read the post and why this is a problem. The system designed to decide ties failed. The new AW is horrible and needs to be changed. Defender kills need to be back in play so teams can't pay to win and who has more higher ranked champs doesn't win by default.

Neither system prevented ties. The goal was for Diversity and Defender Rating to act as tie breakers. That doesn't mean they will prevent ties altogether.

Tiebreaker means to decide a winner in a competition where there is a tie, so as usual your wrong, there CANNOT be a tie if a tiebreaker is in place.

What if the tie breaker is tied? You literally cannot escape ties.
    Unless it’s brought to a point to where they can’t possibly tie, something like who killed all the bosses first or something close.

One of the dumbest things I've read on these forums. Kabam this is clear trolling now man...atleast I hope it is.
  • Firemouth wrote: »

Kabam have used the word wrong and have no idea what they even mean when the post stuff, most people understand the meanings but you always have the few sheep that follow kabam and believe all they say.

Unless it’s brought to a point to where they can’t possibly tie, something like who killed all the bosses first or something close.

I'm not convinced the goal is to stop ties altogether. Otherwise they would have implemented something. I believe the comment was made to indicate how small the metrics will serve, not to stop all ties from happening. As for your suggestion, it's an idea if that is their goal. I'm just not sure it is. Ties will happen. Now, why it counts as a Loss for both, that's a separate discussion. I think a Draw would be better halved between both, rather than counted as a Loss.
  • Firemouth wrote: »

That would involve some skill if you count the first boss killed, that not what aw is designed for, so a better way would be to take the highest rated champ for each side and the higher wins, if still a draw then the second highest, this would involve no skill and help the bigger alliances and force people to buy more :)
  • RawwryDRawwryD Posts: 25
    Well we won’t get an admin commenting on it. That’s for sure.
  • RWW12RWW12 Posts: 38
    Of course there will always be a minuscule chance for a tie in any competition. If the defender rating for both teams was the same I would accept the tie. But they’re not. And then yes, the second part of the result where both teams lose is just ignorance on their part. They obviously didn’t think about this kind of thing happening.
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    big fake