**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Gold boost live or not yet? [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021

The Gold increase has gone live (in fact, it went live before 10). I'm not good at math, but the changes were made to give an approximate 30% boost across all crystals.

AFAIK: On a 1 to 1 crystal rate, it wouldn't look like much of an increase, but opening a bunch of them will net out to that increase.

I'm gonna get somebody much better at math to explain this though, so stay tuned on exactly how this works.

Wow this is a scummy if true cmon man. I'd rather have the regular gold boost then.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,383 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I cannot believe they messed up with something as simple as gold… they should’ve kept the anniversary boost man, what’s up with all this nonsense?

EDIT: just saw Mike’s post above, but still.
  • Options
    King_eWinKing_eWin Posts: 6

The Gold increase has gone live (in fact, it went live before 10). I'm not good at math, but the changes were made to give an approximate 30% boost across all crystals.

AFAIK: On a 1 to 1 crystal rate, it wouldn't look like much of an increase, but opening a bunch of them will net out to that increase.

I'm gonna get somebody much better at math to explain this though, so stay tuned on exactly how this works.

Ok new issue now that the original issue that shouldn’t have been an issue is now no longer an issue…. How do I get compensation? I literally opened all my gold crystals based on the above statement and was clearly shafted….

• Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★

Update: I spoke to the team about the confusion here and the expectations. We get the confusion and are going to make changes to just do the 30% update across all good pools instead of trying to make work.

More details soon!

don't forget to include post-fight gold and event's related gold (variant/act reward)
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★

Update: I spoke to the team about the confusion here and the expectations. We get the confusion and are going to make changes to just do the 30% update across all good pools instead of trying to make work.

More details soon!

Thanks for update Miike!
  • Options
    RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★

More details soon!

Ty for the update. That would be so much better
  • Options
    UA3333UA3333 Posts: 24
    So will all of us that opened hundreds of crystals trying out the new drop rates get to try out the soon to be flat 30% in any way? Or we up a creek without a paddle...?
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★

More details soon!

Look forward to hearing the new details. Thanks for taking this to the team.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★

More details soon!

And this after I've already opened my crystals!!! SMH!

Same because @Kabam Miike said it was live.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

More details soon!

don't forget to include post-fight gold and event's related gold (variant/act reward)
    They never said they would buff those, did they?
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★

Why was none of this detail explained in the original announcement?
  • Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    Coppin said:

DrDrill said:

More details soon!

they didn't, but they should
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

Coppin said:

DrDrill said:

More details soon!

they didn't, but they should
    If there really do 30 yields more I’m personally fine without the offer
  • Options
    Sbt3Sbt3 Posts: 35
    Not sure if it was mentioned but wouldn’t have been easier to just decrease the gold requirements by 30% for everything instead of changing the crystals?
  • Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 48
    So @Kabam Miike tells the community to open, “it’s live” and then retracts to say don’t. The problem is so many players did open like myself.

What are you guys doing up there? In fact, what is the remedy for those who opened @Kabam Miike?
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    I'm a F2P guy, yet since I play this game 'too much', I have plenty of gold (currently over 150million). I've always hoarded my crystals for the 20% boosts. The announcement said an approximate 30% increase. While I don't know the details on the Kabam-Math that will support this, I just have a hard time believing it based on the minimums shown (2400 to 2500 on basic Gold crystal 4% increase) and the batches of Gold amounts already shared by other summoners. Looks to be a 4-10% increase at best.

You don't want us to hoard but since I really don't feel you have improved the Gold payout by the 30%, what I will do is HOARD until you can see that your 'permanent 30% Gold payout boost' is a failed experiment and decide to really give us a fixed 30% boost as everyone was lead onto believe. #StillHoardingForChange

• Options
    ctl131ctl131 Posts: 31

I'm a F2P guy, yet since I play this game 'too much', I have plenty of gold (currently over 150million). I've always hoarded my crystals for the 20% boosts. The announcement said an approximate 30% increase. While I don't know the details on the Kabam-Math that will support this, I just have a hard time believing it based on the minimums shown (2400 to 2500 on basic Gold crystal 4% increase) and the batches of Gold amounts already shared by other summoners. Looks to be a 4-10% increase at best.

You don't want us to hoard but since I really don't feel you have improved the Gold payout by the 30%, what I will do is HOARD until you can see that your 'permanent 30% Gold payout boost' is a failed experiment and decide to really give us a fixed 30% boost as everyone was lead onto believe. #StillHoardingForChange

They announced they were going to a fixed 30% boost B)
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    I opener x3 UC gold crystals and got 180k gold seems to be working
  • Options
    CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

Minimum gold pre boost was 15k on an uncollected gold crystal. As I test I opened one, got 15k sooooooo I’m going with that and based on the forum it is not active yet.
  • Options
    rscguitarrscguitar Posts: 2
    I don't see any advantage in this change! Players will have to keep accumulating crystals in order to have an effective increase in the prize pool...
  • Options
    ANIMEniacANIMEniac Posts: 126
    Gold Boost has definitely not gone live yet. Minimum of Greater gold crystal is still 5K. I pulled 5K gold from it. And my gold stash still only increased by 5K exactly. Here is a video attached. (Not sure how to attach a video. Hopefully this link is okay.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O_Ul4lyC-CY8GJ6d1UVjNL6H12qZV86I/view?usp=sharing
  • Options
    KbugiiKbugii Posts: 167 ★★

More details soon!

I know you’re trying to help the best you can Miike but confusion is not a right word to use to be honest. I went back and took a look at the announcement. Yes it says approximate 30%.
    In fact it says you are not bringing back the 20% boost anymore but instead replacing it with an approximate 30% permanent boost. So by that even if you open 1 crystal where the min gold was 15k and you get 15k again today, that’s a boost of 0%. There’s no approximately or confusion about that. I believe that’s what most players are upset about.
    Again I know you’re trying to convey to the team the best you can but it seems that’s where most of this frustration stems from.

• Options
    ANIMEniacANIMEniac Posts: 126
    edited December 2021
    Gold Boost has definitely not gone live yet. Minimum of Greater gold crystal is still 5K. I pulled 5K gold from it. And my gold stash still only increased by 5K exactly. I tried to attach a video previously and was unable to. Here is a youtube link of a screen recording I took. https://youtu.be/a9ecgPNpweM