**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let's talk about Loki+Hela synergies (200k+ SP2 damage in LOL)

Comments

• Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    So nothing yet?
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    So nothing yet?

They're not going to address it until they make money off of hela crystals.
    They've read this thread already, they're not going to address it yet.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Just saw seatin video and it's actually not that OP. The 7% applies to the current opponent health meaning that the amount of sp2 needed to take down an opponent increases rapidly the less health they have
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Slux83 wrote: »
    Just saw seatin video and it's actually not that OP. The 7% applies to the current opponent health meaning that the amount of sp2 needed to take down an opponent increases rapidly the less health they have

His video is wrong in that aspect. Loki sp2 takes % of opponent's max HP, not current HP
    edited November 2017
    Another mod responded to a thread, yet this one is ignored. Weird right?
    Let me guess next week Monday Kabam will post, sorry for the late response we just got this now. Unfortunately it's too late to notify you that this wasn't an intended synergy. We have corrected the problem. Sorry for any troubles it caused.
    You guys are unbelievable!!! Over and over you same people complain about champs not being strong enough or even useful in the game.

Now Kabam has answered you with new powerful champs and nice synergies, and you idiots still complain about!!!

... just shut up accept it, and now you may have a good champ to complete challenges, questing, and when Act 5.4 drops he may be good to use..

I don't think anyone is complaining, everyone wants to confirm that it's working as intended before we spend time or money on it.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I think the one way around this would be to make it 7% base health. Then instead of giving each champ 3m they give them basic health and apply a +3000% HP "node" on each champ. So it's not doing 270k because it won't take modified health into account.

That way they can leave the synergy as is with no nerfs, and still make LoL a challenge.

Flame me for giving Kabam an idea.
    I think the one way around this would be to make it 7% base health. Then instead of giving each champ 3m they give them basic health and apply a +3000% HP "node" on each champ. So it's not doing 270k because it won't take modified health into account.

That way they can leave the synergy as is with no nerfs, and still make LoL a challenge.

Or just properly test their champs with I dunno, like a quality control department to make sure that all synergies and game play is working the way they intended it to before releasing them. I mean that could be a thought instead of letting the player base do it, get angry and constantly complain. Maybe I dunno, higher an actual quality control tester or 2....like maybe just maybe try to run this like an actual company would?

Just some constructive criticism....
  • Hey Everybody -

Thanks for your patience while we worked with the team on this. We're currently looking at this Synergy very closely, and measuring if we need to make any adjustments before Hela is released. We didn't expect to have to do this right now, but we don't want to release a Champion or Synergy, and then discover a case where we had to adjust the Synergy later.

We'll let you all know when we have more information.

Is there a pre hela arena/crystal time frame on this?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

That would basically destroy other champs abilities.
    X-23 in LoL for example. She is meant to trigger a high regen just like the one she currently has. Changing the nodes and HP would reduce her healing by a lot.
    This is just an example.

But in this case, the synergy is working properly without any problem. I doubt no one at Kabam would read this synergy and not think about the use of it in LoL.
  • FrenchyPantsFrenchyPants Posts: 26
    Whoa, so I read this synergy and immediately understood the implications. How did others not get it? I ranked my five star loki to rank 3 specifically for this synergy, why are we now rethinking it?
    Whoa, so I read this synergy and immediately understood the implications. How did others not get it? I ranked my five star loki to rank 3 specifically for this synergy, why are we now rethinking it?

No rank down ticket for you!
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Or just properly test their champs with I dunno, like a quality control department to make sure that all synergies and game play is working the way they intended it to before releasing them. I mean that could be a thought instead of letting the player base do it, get angry and constantly complain. Maybe I dunno, higher an actual quality control tester or 2....like maybe just maybe try to run this like an actual company would?

Just some constructive criticism....

I completely agree they need a better QA and testing team. There is no way nobody at headquarters wouldn't have thought about this being a gam changer for LoL
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Hey Everybody -

Thanks for your patience while we worked with the team on this. We're currently looking at this Synergy very closely, and measuring if we need to make any adjustments before Hela is released. We didn't expect to have to do this right now, but we don't want to release a Champion or Synergy, and then discover a case where we had to adjust the Synergy later.

We'll let you all know when we have more information.

This entirely contradicts an earlier statement that this synergy was working as intended. Which is it?

j8ag58klbxs4.png

eXtripa69 wrote: »
    That would basically destroy other champs abilities.
    X-23 in LoL for example. She is meant to trigger a high regen just like the one she currently has. Changing the nodes and HP would reduce her healing by a lot.
    This is just an example.

But in this case, the synergy is working properly without any problem. I doubt no one at Kabam would read this synergy and not think about the use of it in LoL.

Damn, I didn't even think about that.

See this is a prime example of how actually TALKING about something is beneficial.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

I doubt no one trusts Kabam more than you.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    NevvB wrote: »
    wE dId ExTeNsIvE tEsTiNg

-Kabam 2017

Lol, this whole scenario is ridiculous and once again demonstrates a poor vision for the game, just like 12.0 & the mess that is AW
    MikeHock wrote: »
    wE dId ExTeNsIvE tEsTiNg

-Kabam 2017

Lol, this whole scenario is ridiculous and once again demonstrates a poor vision for the game, just like 12.0 & the mess that is AW

Part of me wonders if they only test things in certain areas and forget about the rest of the game. Because this would be amazing in AW but OP in LoL
    MikeHock wrote: »
    wE dId ExTeNsIvE tEsTiNg

-Kabam 2017

Part of me wonders if they only test things in certain areas and forget about the rest of the game. Because this would be amazing in AW but OP in LoL
    So the mod just said this is getting nerfed, just not now. They'll definitely have an update after the hela crystals are done, right?
This discussion has been closed.