**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please tell us what you intend to fix and what you do during maintenance and extended maintenance

There is a laundry list of things happening with the game right now and I'm very curious to know what you're focusing on and what exactly happens during extended maintenance.
Do you address player performance issues (lag, unresponsive controls, broken blocks)?
Server (connection) issues?
Are you fixing bugs and known errors (like the black screen issue, autofight coming on randomly, etc.)?
Are you making game updates for content?
Are you changing character attributes?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    And let's keep this constructive everyone, as I'm very curious and would really like to know.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Maintenece isn’t all about the game and bugs. This time seems more server related due to the extended amount of time
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Hela synergy, combo issues, lag?
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    DNA hit the nail on the head this is how software development works.
  • Options
    Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Cables degen glitch
  • Options
    DoctorJ wins the internet
  • Options
    Thanks, DNA. Great summary.
  • Options
    ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited November 2017
    I’d like to applaud all the comments on @DNA3000 comment, without quoting it. I don’t get why people quote a super long comment, it does nothing but add more pages and scrolling than needed. A simple @insertnamehere is plenty.

I’ve been wanting to start a thread about this topic but I’m sure it’ll be full of hate or simple misunderstanding :)
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    If you have bothered to read the full anouncement which is stickied on top of this forum, you would know that the extended maintenance is to improve their backend systems.

If you don't know what that means, it's probably not worth the time explaining to u either.
  • Options
    If you have bothered to read the full anouncement which is stickied on top of this forum, you would know that the extended maintenance is to improve their backend systems.

If you don't know what that means, it's probably not worth the time explaining to u either.

"Improve our backend systems" is kind of a catch all phrase for game operators that basically means anything that isn't the normal patching of front end servers. It could be anything from upgrading databases, to migrating data to faster storage, to upgrading hardware (if they are not hosted), to anything else involving the infrastructure that supports the game.

For longish technical reasons I don't think it is likely hardware, and probably not other random infrastructure, so my money is on back end game databases. Maybe some of it is in some way connected to the purchasing systems which could explain why the unit store will be down.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Considering there was an issue with War details, they could be resolving that as well.
  • Options
    Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    Regardless of knowledge base of individuals, it is for some nice to have a bit of an explanation, and I expect it’s appreciated that you DNA3000 have taken the time to do so, and for myself personally I thank you...and those like yourself who are willing to take the time to enlighten those like myself ;)
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Don't worry, it is and always will be.. More efficient ways to MILK THE WHALES

So likely only checking vulnerabilities for the store, and jacking up prices for the Christmas season
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Nope. This extended maintenance is fully focused on buffing Hulkbuster.
  • Options
    I’ve had various issues with internet connectively today so haven’t been able to log in.... and now I’ve just remembered the extended maintainence.... can you please tell me will I lose my streak on my paid crystal packs.... I need to log in daily before midnight or I’ll loose them right...??!!!
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    I agree with every last word of that except, what explains when your champs are shifting around in your roster...major ranking shifts...repeatedly over the course of several hours of game play...only to finally return to thier original placement? If that doesn't indicate back door activity then it must be????? What?
  • Options

why do you even bother posting garbage like this? do you feel better now?
  • Options
    Considering there was an issue with War details, they could be resolving that as well.

There are probably a lot of different game issues being addressed in the updates, but I think the OP appeared to be asking what kinds of things to be fixed warrant extended maintenance. And in general, no matter what you're fixing in the game or even how many things you're fixing it generally takes the same amount of time, because all the work is done ahead of time and the maintenance window is only used to upload the new software, however many fixes that software contains.

Whether you are fixing one bug or a thousand, it generally takes the same amount of time to apply the fixes, unless that bug requires a complete overhaul of the game infrastructure that cannot be touched except during maintenance downtime.