**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champion that aged well in the contest

Comments

• Options
    Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 ★★
    Venom!
  • Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Quake wants to have a word
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Medusa, she's still the best robot counter. Not saying she's better than
    Red Magneto overall, but she fully shuts down their Ability Accuracy while he can only do 70% and on top of that she completely shuts down all their Power Gain which Magneto can't.

She still has extremely solid damage when Awakened, and even more so with the Black Bolt Synergy, and the Armor Shatters puts practically every champion's Armor Rating into the negative including Nodes.

As well don't even get me started on how smooth and simple her rotation is, I will say though King Groot is definitely up there as another top robot counter.
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    BigBuster said:

Hoitado said:

Addyos said:

Magik

No
    Name one champ that can lock down a champs power as well as her.
    Horsemen psylocke
  • Options
    IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Terra said:

Dr V is being massively disrespected right now.

That dude is good. Sadly, he does not get the respect he deserves.... That's why kids! Never forget to bring High tech if your name itself starts with doctor!
  • Options
    Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★

Llessur said:

BigBuster said:

Hoitado said:

Addyos said:

Magik

No
    Name one champ that can lock down a champs power as well as her.
    Horsemen psylocke
    doesn't that not work against Hyperions or passive power gain champs?
    She can’t lock them at 0 forever but she can still control their power
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★

There is one champion in particular who has aged well in the contest who is not only a massive powerhouse in the cosmic class but also a top option for many of the fights. That champion is Hyperion. He has furies, power gain, poison immunity, and deals huge bursts of damage when ramped up... he is truly one of a kind and has aged like a fine wine in the contest and lastly one can say hes arguably one of the strongest champions in the game if not the strongest in the cosmic class. I have him as a 5 star and wish to obtain him as a 6 star. Just felt I should share my thoughts... I know our choices may vary but it was fun writing this down.

I thought u would say AA
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    Hela is still one of the hardest hitters.

https://youtu.be/yctLfiC9KO8
  • Options
    HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    Starlord maybe
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Falcon
    Iceman
    Colossus
    Venom
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Amazing how few people know how to correctly use Pyslocke and adjust her power control style based on opponent. Unlike other power controllers, she has several different ways to control power.

Best way get defender to zero power with s1 now no power gain rest of fight unless you take hit. But what about power gain, okay method one won't work well but we got 2 more options so change your playstyle.

Next option is use s1 right at top of defender power meter so when s1 hits last hit is Is low on the next bar of power. If you do it correctly, pyslocke will automatically gain an entire bar of power and you can spam nonstop s1 one after another all day long with zero build up.

Also I don't know why people always overlook this but Pyslocke also has a power lock S2 just like Magik. People say often Magic power lock between than Pyslocke power control but they have the same s2 so that make no sense.

Any argument to Pyslocke power control is by someone who doesn't know how to properly use her or adjust her style based on defender. She is a soft hitter though, but with apoc synergy (don't even need horseman) she packs a massive punch.
  • Options

Amazing how few people know how to correctly use Pyslocke and adjust her power control style based on opponent. Unlike other power controllers, she has several different ways to control power.

Best way get defender to zero power with s1 now no power gain rest of fight unless you take hit. But what about power gain, okay method one won't work well but we got 2 more options so change your playstyle.

Next option is use s1 right at top of defender power meter so when s1 hits last hit is Is low on the next bar of power. If you do it correctly, pyslocke will automatically gain an entire bar of power and you can spam nonstop s1 one after another all day long with zero build up.

Also I don't know why people always overlook this but Pyslocke also has a power lock S2 just like Magik. People say often Magic power lock between than Pyslocke power control but they have the same s2 so that make no sense.

Any argument to Pyslocke power control is by someone who doesn't know how to properly use her or adjust her style based on defender. She is a soft hitter though, but with apoc synergy (don't even need horseman) she packs a massive punch.

On top of that, with the Mojo Synergy, Psylocke's Sp2 Power Lock reaches the same duration as Magik's and has a 100% chance to activate while Magik's only has an 85% chance.
    (Not to mention Psylocke's Sp3 that has a 10 Second Power Lock, 13 if you have Mojo, with the 100% Power Burn and 5.5 Second Stun.)

This is not saying anything against Magik, she's one of my favorites as well, just that like you said a lot of people seem to not even know Psylocke's Abilities before trying to make a comparison.
  • Options

On top of that, with the Mojo Synergy, Psylocke's Sp2 Power Lock reaches the same duration as Magik's and has a 100% chance to activate while Magik's only has an 85% chance.
    Oh I forgot to mention how Psylocke's Sp2 can also give her back a Bar of Power just like Magik's! (Actually 1% more Power and it doesn't rely on the opponent's Power Bar)
  • Options
    007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Hyperion. 1st generation champ. One of the all time greatest. Kabam should be proud.
  • Options
    Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
    Archangel and Ghost
  • Options
    Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
    If ghost counts
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    From the 2015 list of champions, that were not buffed, Ronan and Venom have stood the test of time pretty well.

Ronan cheeses has aged as well as, actual cheese.

Venom has also aged well, as there will always be new Spider-verse heroes to counter. I am not sure how many more Symbiote champions there are left, but he'll likely keep getting new synergy partners. Armor break is as valuable as ever. The ability to have True Strike when opponent is at low health is great. His SP1 buff stealing ability is useful when normal Nullifying is penalized.
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    Star Lord
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

Star Lord

He would be amazing if he got a tiny utility update.
    half of his sig is literally useless