**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What motivates you to play the game?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
I need a bit of an encouragement, so I ask what is it that keeps you playing?

Today I have turned on the game, I wanted to play a bit. I am pretty casual and not very active (except for daily logins etc), so when I get in mood, I play an hour or two here and there.

However today has been one huge disappointment. I decided to do one path in 7.1.6, idc about items, just wanted to progress a bit bcs Act 7 is fun and I think the exploration rewards could be nice eventually.

First fight my champ threw heavy and got smacked into KO, even tho I didn't press anything. This happens sometimes, so I reset, no big deal. I got plenty of refills.

On second try I got through. Was unusually laggy, but I lost hp bcs of my mistakes, there's no running from that. My fault only

Next fight the game crashed, so I had to re-do it.

Then the game decided that I am not blocking even when I clearly was holding block. That's where I ran out of patience and shut it down.

I don't blame anyone, I believe devs are doing their best to fix this (it surely hurts their business), however I am pretty discouraged. It has been like this for months and getting worse and worse, so what keeps you hooked to the game? I play too long and am too addicted to uninstall, but except for daily login I don't have any motivation to spend time in-game. That's why I ask this (title). Thanks for your inputs

Comments

• Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    Out of curiosity, what device are you playing on? I’m on an iPhone 12, and while I do have parry/dex issues, the game doesn’t lag much for me other than an occasional hiccup here and there.

Also, the issues that I experience rarely involve inputs completely failing to register, or registering without me initiating them. Instead, they all just register late, so if I adapt and do my inputs much earlier, I can generally just play around the problem. Granted, it’s still annoying, and sometimes dashing back too early leads to getting chased down and smacked in the face, but it’s doable.

If I had to deal with your case, I’d be incredibly frustrated and I’d grow increasingly weary with how long this has dragged on. But there are still some great things that the game has to offer, despite the bugs. For me, I continue to look forward to new champion acquisition the most. I still don’t have apocalypse yet, and every new 5 or 6 star crystal that I pop comes with the hope of seeing the big bad mutant jump out to join my roster. Sometimes I might back in and out of the menu a few times, or drag the crystal in different patterns across the screen before letting it spin. Sure it‘s superstitious, but it prolongs the surge of excitement that I always feel and helps me think that there’s something special about this crystal in particular. The point is, I have a lot of fun opening crystals.

The tough thing is, of course, that champion acquisition and content completion go hand in hand. But the monthly event quest and side quest are a great place to start. If the bugs cause you to take too much of a beating on a certain difficulty, dropping down a level should help your roster power through. It may not be as entertaining or engaging, but there are still some decent rewards to be had - enough to let you pop a crystal every now and then. It’s not ideal, but hopefully it helps stir up enough interest to keep the frustration in check. And with any luck, it won’t be too long before the game engine difficulties are resolved.

• Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    Pretty much just AW and AQ. Neither are fun but have the boosts and health pots spare so taking part whilst I have them. Other than that, I’m not really motivated to play anymore. Maybe if/when 7.4 drops I’ll be more excited about actually playing the game. We don’t have a dev diary or a roadmap for the next year so I honestly having nothing to look forward too to get excited about.
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    I love Marvel and I like seeing certain champions fighting each other. I also like seeing the flashy animations and choosing certain champions for certain fights
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Something to do, collecting champs. I have fun when i do story content.

Also, the time i've put it. Don't want it to just go away. And i love marvel and this is the best theyve got out there right now
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    I work shifts. It kills a lot of time.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I decided to take part in this season's AW... the first time in over a year to see if it could spark/rekindle an interest... so far hasn't really done so....

The main reason I even bother logging in right now is because I enjoy the fun chats with the alliance mates.
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    I struggle with being motivated daily. I'm looking for that spark as well; hope you find it.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★

gotta get tb before I quit

Did not know you weren’t thronebreaker.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    I need 15% more tech t5cc for Guardian...