Summoners, the Necrosword Crystals (the crystals in the Knull Cavalier Preview Bundle) currently have a higher than intended drop rate of 6-Star Champions.

We will be leaving the crystals as is for the time being, but will be correcting the drop rates before Knull receives his official release on October 28th. To ensure that this does not affect anybody that purchased this preview bundle, we will be auto-opening these crystals before that date, but this means you will not see what you received. To avoid any confusion, please open your crystals yourself ASAP.

AW. Going back to fight 5 nightcrawlers!!!!

24

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,396 ★★★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    We're talking about Diversity. Not what Tier I'm in. Quite frankly, I'm tired of people turning to that in a debate. People can place who they want. If they are opting to forego Diversity, that's a choice they make. If the other Ally manages to 100%, they lose Points for it. Let's face it. If people want to stay in Tier 1, it will take skill and/or Resources. That's just how the game works. Not all Allies can maintain the Top Tiers. Spending is not new to Wars. For that matter, if an Ally can't make it past Mystics in Tier 1, they would most likely be losing due to Defender Kills regardless. What Tier I'm in has nothing to do with the comment. I said if the other Ally makes it to 100%, the Diversity is the sacrifice they make for placing repeat blockades.

    Ok, you can keep pretending tier doesn't make a difference.

    Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread. I typically try to stay on topic, even when it's being derailed anyway. NC is not that difficult once you learn how to fight him. You should duel an NC until you get the hang of it. Just got to get him to evade back and block, then hit his block ~4 times. Just pray he doesn't evade first.

    Not when you're having a discussion, no it doesn't. Conversations are not Ranked. This isn't a Tiered Forum. People are equally respected in a conversation regardless of where they are at in the game, and it's not appropriate to demand that they state where they are just to be heard in a conversation. That's not how a discussion works.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,396 ★★★★★
    Attack? Ah, you're one of those guys.

    Can you explain what your guarantee of events that will happen in AW tier 1 is based on please.

    An understanding of the system as a whole. You can place the same Champs, but eventually people will get past them. Which means the metrics deciding the Win will still be Defender Rating and Diversity. I could have an understanding of the entire system and have never played the game because I have a brain. That's not the point of the discussion and neither are my credentials. The point is, if people are foregoing Diversity, it's going to be the deciding factor eventually because it's a metric, and you can't stop all Allies from completing the Map.
  • RapRap Posts: 2,972 ★★★★
    I don't blame ya! With the inherant endless repitition of this game facing the same defenders week after week is just one more form of predictable grind. Sure! All those nightcrawlers can be beat over and over again. But Jesus H Garcia! Do we need more grinding repitition? KABAM is obviously trying to mix it up in am attempt to break this monotonous patern in Aw at least...but it isn't working. I don't believe anyone wants more repition...unfortunately they would rather remain repetitious than loose.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 800 ★★★
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    Hello iceman

    And which alliances are dumping diversity? Maybe garbage ones

    Upper tiers use common sense, communication, and money/units if need be. 150 everytime

    You are very wrong
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    I would absolutely love to fight an alliance foolish enough not to run full diversity.

    Currently, were involved in a race to 1.5M rating.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I would absolutely love to fight an alliance foolish enough not to run full diversity.

    Currently, were involved in a race to 1.5M rating.

    Pretty sure no 1.5m alliance bothers with diversity
  • NEUROPLEXUSNEUROPLEXUS Posts: 92
    i can understand being frustrated at fighting the same champ over and over, but nightcrawler is not the worst champ you can see in AW. i would gladly fight 5 nightcrawlers over 2 Rhino on armor or limber nodes. nightcrawler cant take a hit at all, and if you play aggressively and dont mash the screen you can force him to change his stance.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    If you clear 100% then you are guaranteed a win cause you win on diversity. That's the risk they take by using the "5 Nightcrawler" strategy. You will probably have to use items to clear it, but you are guaranteed to win if you choose to spend.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    They can't even release a new champ without bugs. They can't fix old bugs. Seriously this company is a joke and when you report bugs you get warnings.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Attack? Ah, you're one of those guys.

    Can you explain what your guarantee of events that will happen in AW tier 1 is based on please.

    An understanding of the system as a whole. You can place the same Champs, but eventually people will get past them. Which means the metrics deciding the Win will still be Defender Rating and Diversity. I could have an understanding of the entire system and have never played the game because I have a brain. That's not the point of the discussion and neither are my credentials. The point is, if people are foregoing Diversity, it's going to be the deciding factor eventually because it's a metric, and you can't stop all Allies from completing the Map.

    You do not have an understanding of the system as a whole because you have not experienced the whole system. I've lost count of how many times that has been explained to you but you refuse to accept that you are out of your depth when trying to discuss areas of the game that are so far removed from your level you could not possibly know how they operate. If you wish to delude yourself into believing you're some mcoc guru that's your business but you are giving poor advice to people who may not realise you don't have the credentials to do so.
    Is it really that difficult to grasp? You have never played a tier 1 war nor a tier 2 war. The game plays very differently at that level. Therefore you do not know what is or is not tactically smart.
    For reference, In my last 6 tier 1 wars diversity has not been a deciding factor once... it's not even been a contributing factor of any worth.

    100% true, stop giving advice on war and how easy it is when you don't play in expert tier. Of course its easy for you the nodes are much easier. You can't relate to a 200% regen node when yours is 75% lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,396 ★★★★★
    Who gave advice? I said it's not wise because sooner or later, you're going to lose somehow when they 100% the Map because Diversity is a metric. That's a fact. I don't care what anyone's Ego says about who is in what Tier. Come down off the pedestal. Lol
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 110
    Who gave advice? I said it's not wise because sooner or later, you're going to lose somehow when they 100% the Map because Diversity is a metric. That's a fact. I don't care what anyone's Ego says about who is in what Tier. Come down off the pedestal. Lol

    You really do not get this do you. It's so easy to convince yourself that people like me who call you out on your irritating know-it-all posts are somehow doing so because of our ego. Ask yourself this: who has the bigger ego? Somebody playing in expert tier who states that a suggested opinion of how the game works at that level is incorrect and that the person making it does not understand what they are talking about... or somebody continuously giving advice and opinions about a level of the game which they are not experienced enough to have played, and then desperately disagreeing with EVERYONE who calls them out because they "have an overall knowledge of the game as a whole".
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Who gave advice? I said it's not wise because sooner or later, you're going to lose somehow when they 100% the Map because Diversity is a metric. That's a fact. I don't care what anyone's Ego says about who is in what Tier. Come down off the pedestal. Lol

    You constantly give advice and feedback on things you are not experienced in, much less even familiar with. It's extremely harmful to the community and I hope the mods eventually realize what a cancer you are to the forums and put a stop to it, since you obviously cannot control yourself or refrain from posting on any and every topic.

    Have a great holiday!
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,889 ★★★★
    We're talking about Diversity. Not what Tier I'm in. Quite frankly, I'm tired of people turning to that in a debate. People can place who they want. If they are opting to forego Diversity, that's a choice they make. If the other Ally manages to 100%, they lose Points for it. Let's face it. If people want to stay in Tier 1, it will take skill and/or Resources. That's just how the game works. Not all Allies can maintain the Top Tiers. Spending is not new to Wars. For that matter, if an Ally can't make it past Mystics in Tier 1, they would most likely be losing due to Defender Kills regardless. What Tier I'm in has nothing to do with the comment. I said if the other Ally makes it to 100%, the Diversity is the sacrifice they make for placing repeat blockades.

    Lose due to Defender kills gw? For someone who has defended this war system So much, that made you just sound like a troll Who doesn't even play anymore, how many points for defender kills these days? Anyone?

  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 968 ★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Who gave advice? I said it's not wise because sooner or later, you're going to lose somehow when they 100% the Map because Diversity is a metric. That's a fact. I don't care what anyone's Ego says about who is in what Tier. Come down off the pedestal. Lol

    You constantly give advice and feedback on things you are not experienced in, much less even familiar with. It's extremely harmful to the community and I hope the mods eventually realize what a cancer you are to the forums and put a stop to it, since you obviously cannot control yourself or refrain from posting on any and every topic.

    Have a great holiday!

    You're my hero, @JRock808
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,396 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Alright. I've had about enough of the ignorance and arrogance. This is a Forum where all people can discuss topics. Where they are at in the game doesn't matter. Discussions are not separated by what people have done in the game. If you want to take personal shots at people, perhaps go to Reddit. This mentality is just classic, insecure bully mentiality, and it's incredibly small-minded. Nor am I bothered by it. All it does is create a negative atmosphere on the Forum. It's toxic, and if you want to function here, you have to respect the views of all people here. How about being adults and debating what I'm saying instead of taking shots at me, unless you have no actual points to rely on.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Alright. I've had about enough of the ignorance and arrogance. This is a Forum where all people can discuss topics. Where they are at in the game doesn't matter. Discussions are not separated by what people have done in the game. If you want to take personal shots at people, perhaps go to Reddit. This mentality is just classic, insecure bully mentiality, and it's incredibly small-minded. Nor am I bothered by it. All it does is create a negative atmosphere on the Forum. It's toxic, and if you want to function here, you have to respect the views of all people here. How about being adults and debating what I'm saying instead of taking shots at me, unless you have no actual points to rely on.

    They have, you just always ignore the actual points and make it very personal yourself.

    Depending on which tier you're in, defender diversity doesn't mean a thing yet, then it becomes very important. A few tiers higher it's all about the defender rating (since pretty much everyone runs 150 diverse champs) and then at the top it's all about the mystics. Your advise is very good advise for a specific group of players, but not for all war players and you keep acting like it is.

    Where you are in your own wars is actually relevant. Your advise rings true around those tiers. Making it into a big personal thing was your doing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,396 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Alright. I've had about enough of the ignorance and arrogance. This is a Forum where all people can discuss topics. Where they are at in the game doesn't matter. Discussions are not separated by what people have done in the game. If you want to take personal shots at people, perhaps go to Reddit. This mentality is just classic, insecure bully mentiality, and it's incredibly small-minded. Nor am I bothered by it. All it does is create a negative atmosphere on the Forum. It's toxic, and if you want to function here, you have to respect the views of all people here. How about being adults and debating what I'm saying instead of taking shots at me, unless you have no actual points to rely on.

    They have, you just always ignore the actual points and make it very personal yourself.

    Depending on which tier your in, defender diversity doesn't mean a thing yet, then it becomes very important. A few tiers higher it's all about the defender rating (since pretty much everyone runs 150 diverse champs) and then at the top it's all about the mystics. Your advise is very good advise for a specific group of players, but not for all war players and you keep acting like it is.

    Where you are in your own wars is actually relevant. Your advise rings true around those tiers. Making it into a big personal thing was your doing.

    Actually it's not personal for me at all. Both metrics are significant when the Map is 100%. It has nothing to do with where I'm at. It has to do with the scoring. What I said is, if the other team completes the Map, those Diversity Points are going to matter. Which can't be argued logically because that's the math of it. Then it was turned into a "You even Tier 1 bruh?" situation. People can take shots at me about where they think I'm at, but that is a fact. It's not just about Defender Rating with a Map that is 100%. It's about both Defender Rating and Diversity. They can place multiple Champs, but that's still a sacrifice of Points. I'm quite aware of the intentions of trying to embarrass me out of the conversation. It's not my first time to the Forum. Regardless of what Tier you're in, Diversity is Points. You can try and stop the opponent, but if they finish the Map, those Points become no longer inconsequential. The basis for the argument is that my opinion is not valid based on Tiers and that's not appropriate to the discussion, or any for that matter.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    Hello iceman

    And which alliances are dumping diversity? Maybe garbage ones

    Upper tiers use common sense, communication, and money/units if need be. 150 everytime

    False. Tier 3 and we haven’t fought a fully diverse opponent the past 4-5 wars.
  • Currently have 2 accounts. One in tier 4 and one in tier 1 war. All I can say is both are completely different. In tier 1, last 10 wars noone use diversity and it’s all about creating road blocks. In tier 4 we go full diversity all the way. Road blocks ain’t strong enough to stop a team from going a 100 percent in tier 2 or below. Just pointing out my perspective from what I see. Different tiers different strategies.

    Berserk Irked is my tag so you know I ain’t bs. Upper tier 1 2700+ rating
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,548 ★★★★
    Alright. I've had about enough of the ignorance and arrogance. This is a Forum where all people can discuss topics. Where they are at in the game doesn't matter. Discussions are not separated by what people have done in the game. If you want to take personal shots at people, perhaps go to Reddit. This mentality is just classic, insecure bully mentiality, and it's incredibly small-minded. Nor am I bothered by it. All it does is create a negative atmosphere on the Forum. It's toxic, and if you want to function here, you have to respect the views of all people here. How about being adults and debating what I'm saying instead of taking shots at me, unless you have no actual points to rely on.

    Reddit is hit or miss. You should see all the **** and demeaning, rude, sexual messages I get when people look at my post history. Or they try to use post history against me, when they don't have a leg to stand on. At least there on Reddit they don't have to hide how bad of people they are. But out of all the bad ****, I see more positive stuff there than negative if you can get past the trolls. The satire accounts and mock accounts are fun to see posting. The simple and pure congratulations people get is more than I have seen on here. People tend to trash you on here simply for having a different opinion than them.

    That said Mystic Wars are real and most top alliances are running the mystic wall of defenders. When that wall stops an alliance from getting to and killing a mystic boss, as has been shown to happen time and time again, diversity won't matter. But I do agree it is a risky move. If you run into an alliance that spends to get past that wall, yes you will lose.
  • k666kk666k Posts: 47
    Only reason to complain about fighting tough champs is lack of skill, if you 100% you win, if you cant beat NC then you dont deserve to win.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,396 ★★★★★
    Alright. I've had about enough of the ignorance and arrogance. This is a Forum where all people can discuss topics. Where they are at in the game doesn't matter. Discussions are not separated by what people have done in the game. If you want to take personal shots at people, perhaps go to Reddit. This mentality is just classic, insecure bully mentiality, and it's incredibly small-minded. Nor am I bothered by it. All it does is create a negative atmosphere on the Forum. It's toxic, and if you want to function here, you have to respect the views of all people here. How about being adults and debating what I'm saying instead of taking shots at me, unless you have no actual points to rely on.

    Reddit is hit or miss. You should see all the **** and demeaning, rude, sexual messages I get when people look at my post history. Or they try to use post history against me, when they don't have a leg to stand on. At least there on Reddit they don't have to hide how bad of people they are. But out of all the bad ****, I see more positive stuff there than negative if you can get past the trolls. The satire accounts and mock accounts are fun to see posting. The simple and pure congratulations people get is more than I have seen on here. People tend to trash you on here simply for having a different opinion than them.

    That said Mystic Wars are real and most top alliances are running the mystic wall of defenders. When that wall stops an alliance from getting to and killing a mystic boss, as has been shown to happen time and time again, diversity won't matter. But I do agree it is a risky move. If you run into an alliance that spends to get past that wall, yes you will lose.

    No doubt it's taking place, but my point is that one of two things will happen. Either they will stop all Allies from completing the Map indefinitely, unlikely, or you will be left with a pool of Allies that can, and the metrics matter again.
  • why are we complaining about practicing our fighting skills, Practice makes perfect
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,396 ★★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Alright. I've had about enough of the ignorance and arrogance. This is a Forum where all people can discuss topics. Where they are at in the game doesn't matter. Discussions are not separated by what people have done in the game. If you want to take personal shots at people, perhaps go to Reddit. This mentality is just classic, insecure bully mentiality, and it's incredibly small-minded. Nor am I bothered by it. All it does is create a negative atmosphere on the Forum. It's toxic, and if you want to function here, you have to respect the views of all people here. How about being adults and debating what I'm saying instead of taking shots at me, unless you have no actual points to rely on.

    They have, you just always ignore the actual points and make it very personal yourself.

    Depending on which tier your in, defender diversity doesn't mean a thing yet, then it becomes very important. A few tiers higher it's all about the defender rating (since pretty much everyone runs 150 diverse champs) and then at the top it's all about the mystics. Your advise is very good advise for a specific group of players, but not for all war players and you keep acting like it is.

    Where you are in your own wars is actually relevant. Your advise rings true around those tiers. Making it into a big personal thing was your doing.

    Actually it's not personal for me at all. Both metrics are significant when the Map is 100%. It has nothing to do with where I'm at. It has to do with the scoring. What I said is, if the other team completes the Map, those Diversity Points are going to matter. Which can't be argued logically because that's the math of it. Then it was turned into a "You even Tier 1 bruh?" situation. People can take shots at me about where they think I'm at, but that is a fact. It's not just about Defender Rating with a Map that is 100%. It's about both Defender Rating and Diversity. They can place multiple Champs, but that's still a sacrifice of Points. I'm quite aware of the intentions of trying to embarrass me out of the conversation. It's not my first time to the Forum. Regardless of what Tier you're in, Diversity is Points. You can try and stop the opponent, but if they finish the Map, those Points become no longer inconsequential. The basis for the argument is that my opinion is not valid based on Tiers and that's not appropriate to the discussion, or any for that matter.

    But the thing is, good defense stops the opponents. Yes, you lose out on defender diversity points, but you prevent the other team from getting 100%

    You seem to be under the impression that walking it 100% is easy, no matter which tier or opponents, but this is not the case. In high tiers the nodes have become hard enough to, with the right champs, stop people in their tracks. Even with spending, they no longer walk wars 100%.

    Yes, your point is correct. If it's walked 100%, diversity matters. If it's not walked 100%, then the diversity points are barely anything because explore far outways it.

    No one said that this isn't true, people here keep explaining you that in tier 1 walking it 100% isn't really what's happening anymore because of the mystic wall people hit.

    You said "it's not really wise to ignore the metric" and this is just not true. In tier 1 you would be stupid to go full diversity, that's pretty much a guaranteed loss. The opponents have a road block, they walk your map easily due to lack of decent defense and you need to spend like crazy to push through.

    Other keep pointing out a lot of different stuff, but what everybody is always trying to tell you is that you act like a know it all. You don't know it all, no one does. I don't claim to know all myself either. I know you don't either, but you always sound like you do. Sometimes I agree with you, sometimes I don't, but I always hate how you state your opinion as if it's fact.
    I understand the difficulty is high. I wasn't debating that. I said eventually, you will end up with a pool of Allies that can complete the Map, because it only works up to a certain point. Allies lose, they lose Rating, and they go down. You can prevent Allies from finishing the Map, but eventually you'll end up with a pool of Allies that can finish it, and those metrics will have to be considered again. It's not possible to prevent all Allies from completing the Map. You can beat out those who can't, and then you're left with the ones that can. Unless they choose to play that way regardless and take their chances after 100%.
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 110
    I understand the difficulty is high. I wasn't debating that. I said eventually, you will end up with a pool of Allies that can complete the Map, because it only works up to a certain point. Allies lose, they lose Rating, and they go down. You can prevent Allies from finishing the Map, but eventually you'll end up with a pool of Allies that can finish it, and those metrics will have to be considered again. It's not possible to prevent all Allies from completing the Map. You can beat out those who can't, and then you're left with the ones that can. Unless they choose to play that way regardless and take their chances after 100%.

    So your advice is aimed at the alliances who want to be the top 5% of Tier 1? Don't ignore diversity or you won't be the highest rated alliance in the world? Useful, I'm sure MMX are following your posts with notebook in hand.
    You seem to be stuck in this mindset that alliances should be winning every war. Probably because that's what your alliance, sorry... your Battle group, does right? Wins almost every war? My alliance faced our first fully diverse defence for weeks yesterday. They 100% our mystic defence and won. I guess that proves your point huh? Except it cost them 200 deaths to do it whereas we did the same and picked up our participation rewards for no cost. A victory to them no doubt in your eyes? Sustainable do you think? Worth the expense? These are your endorsed tactics after all so let's hear you telling the forums that 200 deaths per war is how it should be.
Sign In or Register to comment.