**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is AQ 5 days long?

KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
Why does AQ have to be such a time investment? I’ve been playing the game since literally Day 1, and AQ since it’s inception, but I still don’t understand why people in alliances are asked to invest so much to this mode (which is mind-numbingly boring as well, aside from swapped out characters). I also play Transformers: Forged to Fight (also a Kabam game) and their version alliance quest only involved a 3-day campaign, which is MUCH more player-friendly. So my question at this point is why 5 whole days instead of 3? I realize that it will probably never change, but it would be great to hear why 5 days was chosen over something similar within other Kabam games.

Comments

• Options
    Rebark said:

My problem with AQ isn't even the 5 days, it's with the fact that in addition to being forced to do it to keep myself in a master level alliance, I still have to pay resources to do it and the rewards are honestly pretty bad, I'm not saying that they should be giving more cb6 or alpha 3, but that they should give more selectors from cc4 to cav/tb and they should have the cost reduced too

I think I am currently over 1,500 T4CC fragment crystals that I never seem to be able to open. Last thing most of us need is what we get the most of 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options

Forged to fight still exists?

Somehow, yes 🤣
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    AQ is definitely trash but a necessary game mode to stay relevant in a sense
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I run map2 on my own and it bores the heck outta me, even finishing the mini's in 30 seconds is too long but 1500 glory a week that I can't get anywhere else means I have to do it.

I couldn't imagine being in an alliance where AQ is taken seriously.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    The thing I don't get is the 41 minute recharge for alliance energy.
  • Options
    Sergeant_Sergeant_ Posts: 272 ★★
    It's really really really (I can do this all day) really boring. I used to be in an ally that took AQ seriously and I nearly got kicked for missing 2 days of AQ. I've now moved on to a more chill ally which does like Map 4 and half the players don't do AQ lol. It's such a slog and I'll even go to the extent of saying that it's the worst game-mode rn. Sure, glory is great and gets you rankup mats and stuff but the increasing cost each time you buy something is something I absolutely hate. Wish Kabam will do something to ignite AQ again so that I won't forget that it exists anymore.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I quit my alliance and I’ve never been happier. MCOC is a game again

• Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★
    A good start would be to make it 4 days ON, 4 days OFF. This way they can keep their 8 day cycle
  • Options
    jcruz2133jcruz2133 Posts: 152
    Maybe I'm in the minority but linked nodes+better rewards would be a lot more fun. I've gone from hardcore playing MCOC, to going to a "chill" alliance that doesn't care about participation. If there was more teamwork involved and improvements to war, I would invest more (time and money) into the game.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 201 ★★

TyEdge said:

Just being able to enjoy time with family and friends instead of constantly sneaking off to advance in AQ.

Well, if you want to enjoy more time with your family and friends, you could uninstall de game lol.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    jcruz2133 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but linked nodes+better rewards would be a lot more fun. I've gone from hardcore playing MCOC, to going to a "chill" alliance that doesn't care about participation. If there was more teamwork involved and improvements to war, I would invest more (time and money) into the game.

Maybe there should be a linked variation of a map for those that want more hardcore team work and strategising. That version of the map provides 20% more points or something. I know for me and my Alliance we much prefer the way the game is now, but doesn’t mean there has to be a one size fits all approach.
  • Options
    Garlo said:

TyEdge said:

Just being able to enjoy time with family and friends instead of constantly sneaking off to advance in AQ.

Well, if you want to enjoy more time with your family and friends, you could uninstall de game lol.
    Think about it all the time, but I’ve invested so much time and effort into the game and made so many friends that it isn’t that simple. This game once felt like fun/leisure and even after many life balance improvements, it still takes its toll when you just want some downtime or more time to progress individually. Just so happens that whenever I get a break from AQ those off days fly by like nothing and I don’t find the time to make any progress. Just frustrating is all.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    No one is asking anyone to invest anything into it, aside from the Alliances. If we want the Rewards that AQ provides, we need to play it. The rest is a personal aspect. It's entirely possible to play in an Alliance that doesn't demand we play everyday if we don't have the time. That much we sign on for ourselves.
  • Options
    kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 428 ★★★

Why does AQ have to be such a time investment? I’ve been playing the game since literally Day 1, and AQ since it’s inception, but I still don’t understand why people in alliances are asked to invest so much to this mode (which is mind-numbingly boring as well, aside from swapped out characters). I also play Transformers: Forged to Fight (also a Kabam game) and their version alliance quest only involved a 3-day campaign, which is MUCH more player-friendly. So my question at this point is why 5 whole days instead of 3? I realize that it will probably never change, but it would be great to hear why 5 days was chosen over something similar within other Kabam games.

Honestly, making it 4 days and 3 days break would be a LOT better. So that it also aligns with the 7 day format of alliance wars. But idk, kabam never responds to stuff like these so don't hold your breath for any form of change coming soon.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Well, with the introduction of other modes maybe its time to think about the time suck of the existing ones.
  • Options
    jcruz2133 said:

You probably are in the deep minority. The thing to keep in mind is that the game's playerbase is an extremely diverse set of players. AQ has over time been made increasingly more routine (for most maps) specifically because it is the core alliance content for most alliances (more alliances do AQ regularly than do AW regularly) and it is the primary source for a lot of progressional rewards. In a game like this, progressional rewards come in large part from grinding the game: they literally cannot have completely different exciting content releasing fast enough to contain those rewards. It is a routine, punctuated by occasional special events or content. The more "interesting" it is, the harder it becomes for most players.

I'm pretty sure most players don't find AQ boring (in the sense of it being trivial to complete) and most players don't want it to contain vastly more risk (there's no such thing as challenge without risk). They want a predictable and regularly achievable way to earn progressional rewards. And those players probably represent the core constituency of the game.

Also, it is worth reminding people that the option "harder but with more rewards" is not a real option in game design. While there is *some* connection between difficulty and rewards, it almost always operates in reverse order: rewards first, difficulty second. AQ is allocated a certain amount of rewards. Then the difficulty is tuned to be appropriate to those rewards. You can increase the difficulty if you want those rewards to be harder to get, and you can reduce difficulty if you want those rewards to be easier to get. But you can't just increase the difficulty and ask for more rewards. That decision is not (exclusively) up to the developer who designs the difficulty.