**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Prepare to Enter the Battlegrounds! Open Beta March 14-21

Comments

• Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 98 ★★
    I’m sorry, is this a quest? No? Then why are we using questing energy to play these? Making us use our questing energy for these is going to kill this game mode. I literally use all my energy every month so adding this in is going to make me choose what i want to spend my energy on which is just going be annoying. With all the monthly event quests, then half the time you make us spend energy on the monthly side quests, then all the other content we need to spend energy on, then on top of all that making us spend questing energy for this game mode? It’s too much. It makes absolutely no sense and this along with masteries and a few other things is immediately turning me away from this game mode which is a shame because it seems awesome and something i would definitely be excited about.
  • Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 98 ★★
    You need to use a different kind of energy like aq and aw or better yet make it like duels. We get a certain amount per day and any after that we just pay units to play.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Clarification regarding Mastery changes - If i change my mastery for example , Aegon ROL Challenge ...will it cost me to change them ? Is the mastery change only free for Battlegrounds mode ?
    @Kabam Miike mind clarifying it plz ☝️
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

@Kabam Miike mind clarifying it plz ☝️

If it’s on the live server, how would they restrict masteries to only the battlegrounds mode? What they said implies that you can change your entire account’s masteries, and nothing in the Content Creator beta seemed to suggest that there are separate masteries for battlegrounds.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Question about charges.

If the 99 run out then what? Is it a waiting period before use like arena?

That confuses me, it was thrown in with the whole energy requirement portion of the blog post so does it relate to energy?

Thanks for the help
  • HashmiHashmi Posts: 56
    edited March 2022
    MCOC Team said:

Salutations Summoners!

A new challenge has arisen for those who are Uncollected or higher!

Battlegrounds is a game mode that tests your skills, your Champion roster, and all the game knowledge that has brought you this far into The Contest! In this game mode, you will be challenging another Summoner in head-to-head combat as you select Defenders to defeat them, and they do the same for you.

The first of two betas for Battlegrounds (with the second arriving for a full month in April) will be taking place between March 14th, 10am PST to March 21st, 10am PST.

But first, here’s a walkthrough of the Battlegrounds experience so Summoners know what to expect when hopping into this latest game mode. Read all about it on our Blog!

Keep in mind that this is the first time that Battlegrounds will be open to all Summoners. This test will not be indicative of the Rewards structure of the final mode, and there may be issues present. We will be collecting Data and Feedback during this period to help us improve upon the mode as we move forward.

Its Time. I'm Excited
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Where is it?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Looks like someone forgot to flip the switch to turn it on

Unsurprising
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,495 ★★★★★
    Typical, Kabam forgot to release some of the most anticipated stuff in the game on time
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Delaying is standard practise at Kabam
  • Peairs420Peairs420 Posts: 60
    youch the go now tab is getting pressed everywhere simultaneously
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★

How much do y'all wanna bet the servers won't be able to handle the amount of people about to enter this game mode?

Oh the connection is unbearably slow for me lol. It has begun....
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

So you want us to spend 15 energy per round in the Beta but get ZERO REWARDS in return... how does that make sense? If we get no rewards, the cost should be 0 energy... I was pretty excited to jump into this but it will be a hard pass if I can't get anything in return if there is a cost.

I feel they forgot to put in objectives which they talked about in this thread above.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★

So you want us to spend 15 energy per round in the Beta but get ZERO REWARDS in return... how does that make sense? If we get no rewards, the cost should be 0 energy... I was pretty excited to jump into this but it will be a hard pass if I can't get anything in return if there is a cost.

I feel they forgot to put in objectives which they talked about in this thread above.
    The objectives are there they're just locked from my perspective

@Kabam Miike my 1 unit got deducted ... it's still not free
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Managed to do a match but since then the game has been stuck in matchmaking for the past few minutes.
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100
    I lost because of the connection of the game but it seemed entertaining
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Managed to do a match but since then the game has been stuck in matchmaking for the past few minutes.

Still unable to find a match.
  • Moha84Moha84 Posts: 100
    server issue grrrrr
    I was actually very excited about this .. especially about free mastery changes ..all that excitement went to trash ..i knew this tho ..but still i thought that maybe ...just maybe , this time I wouldn't be disappointed .
  • GizzillaGizzilla Posts: 13
    It's broken as hell. First fight disconnected and then when I got back in I had 30 seconds. Timedout and even though I didn't take any damage I lost the fight...
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Game is very laggy atm.
    Out of my 3 matches, the first i won without any issues, the second i lost cause the game lagged out and pick the wrong attacker for me, and the 3rd did the same thing, except the game lagged out completely and we ended as a tie
    with that being said, the mode itself seems like it going to be fun. I think the timers in between should be a tad bit longer, but in its current server state, its unplayable