**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Before you complain about Battle Grounds

MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
You have to take into consideration that this is a new concept added into MCoC for a long time and it is extremely difficult to keep working on it when they are dealing with millions of players all trying to log into it at once. Also consider the system they are using to run this game is the same stuff from 7 years ago and they are still trying to make it work. And if you look at this mode more you have to consider that they are letting everyone have fun with it in the beta and not just allowing a tiny amount of players to play. The mode is still in a beta stage and it's only a few hours so far, people at Kabam are trying and you have to have patience for this to work. So before you make a post saying Battle Grounds is trash, Kabam fix the game for once, Battlegrounds Completly Letdown remember that they are trying and some of the better game developers in the industry

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

1. It’s not millions of players trying to log into the game.
    2. Over the last few months I’m not convinced they are one of the better game developers. With the almost entire last year filled with parry and dex issues and everything being delayed and canceled things don’t look too promising.
    3. I see what your trying to say. And I hope they can fix it in the next 24 hours. Also extending the beta seems needed at this point

How do you know it's not millions?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

2. Over the last few months I’m not convinced they are one of the better game developers. With the almost entire last year filled with parry and dex issues and everything being delayed and canceled things don’t look too promising.
    3. I see what your trying to say. And I hope they can fix it in the next 24 hours. Also extending the beta seems needed at this point

Doesn’t fit his narrative
  • I was finally able to find a match, then got the dreaded network connection error. Got booted out, gave it another shot, same result. So, I spent 30 energy and have 2 match draws. I'd love to try it out, but sadly, its a bit broken. I know its just the beta, so fingers crossed for the future.....
  • QuarantinedgemQuarantinedgem Posts: 12

I was finally able to find a match, then got the dreaded network connection error. Got booted out, gave it another shot, same result. So, I spent 30 energy and have 2 match draws. I'd love to try it out, but sadly, its a bit broken. I know its just the beta, so fingers crossed for the future.....

Yeah that's where everyone seems to be. Good sign tho, clear Kabam is making progress. That should be fixed soon!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

Beta does not mean maybe it might be playable. Beta is to work out the bugs you can’t work out the bugs if people can’t play it. Any defense of this is ridiculous. A huge company like this should know if the game is going to be playable or not. And I’m not talking about bad gameplay it doesn’t work you can’t play it!

Isn't not being able to get in...stay with me here....a bug......

If only there was a warning here on the forums where everyone is creating threads about not getting a match.....oh wait.....

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Skydad23 said:

Beta does not mean maybe it might be playable. Beta is to work out the bugs you can’t work out the bugs if people can’t play it. Any defense of this is ridiculous. A huge company like this should know if the game is going to be playable or not. And I’m not talking about bad gameplay it doesn’t work you can’t play it!

Isn't not being able to get in...stay with me here....a bug......

“I get that betas are used to find bugs but it does not mean that the beta should find this bug”
  • Bruinsrule2019Bruinsrule2019 Posts: 5
    When the battlegrounds was initially released, i couldnt even get a match. Now I can get a match and pick champs for defense and offense but cant start the match due to connection error. Seems like Kabam is aware of these issues and are working to resolve them. Hopefully things are up and running shortly. Beta testing will help, hopefully, get the kinks solved.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Ok so there are some Objectives to get some energy back so I figure to give it a try... It would just be nice to actually 'play'. Both times it just bugs out, disconnects, and ends w/o fighting and the match is a draw. Can't even see the chance at winning 5 matches (nor the 20) to get the last High Ground objective if it won't even let us really do a match...

• Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 624 ★★★
    It's like a restaurant using a "soft opening," things are definitely going to go wrong. You (kabam) want them to. That way by the time you start charging the public, some, definitely not all, of the kinks have been worked out. Is it ridiculously frustrating? Of course, it is. We need to remember that people have put their time into making something that we can hopefully enjoy. Just not right now
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    Before I complain about typical Kabam game never working as intended. Game over…
  • Rdod1Rdod1 Posts: 1
    I would love a draw. I tried 5 times. Got the connection error message 4 times and it said I lost the match. Actually spent an energy refill trying to play!!
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    edited March 2022
    To take a previous posters analogy, it's like having a soft opening for a restaurant, and no one has the keys to open the doors.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★

Can't be millions. I looked at the rank for the solo events. Even if multiple by 10, still don't get into millions.
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297

Doesn’t fit his narrative
    Most people get warned for having nothing constructive to say and just trolling….

Must be nice to have that level of protection, what’s that cost anyways? Did you sign in blood?