**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I'm sorry but this Phoenix EQ fight is stupid

Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
edited March 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So what all am I suppose to watch during the fight?

Falter..try to make sure she doesn't step back and I don't try to intercept her.
Furies buffs...make sure she DOES step back after taking so much DOT.
Her bar of power...which she gains much faster during this fight.
Make sure I don't get hit after Rite of the Phoenix because I'm usually in the middle of a SP or combo and she comes at me after she steps back.?...its a little ridiculous Kabam.

On top of all that she regenerates to full health after you KO her once. Then if you happen to die after she regenerates then she still has another Rite of the Phoenix for next fight.

There are times when I beat her immediately after Rite of the Phoenix due to DOT (I guess). But some other times she comes back full health.

None of this makes sense...correct me if I'm wrong.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I used hyperion with odin pre fights
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

On top of all that she regenerates to full health after you KO her once. Then if you happen to die after she regenerates then she still has another Rite of the Phoenix for next fight.

This is definitely the most frustrating part of the fight .. try to use anyone that can heal block .. preferably with passives . ;)

There are times when I beat her immediately after Rite of the Phoenix due to DOT (I guess). But some other times she comes back full health.

None of this makes sense...correct me if I'm wrong.
    Makes perfect sense .. just read her sig:

More phoenix force charges = more regen.
    Keep those charges low = easy kill with minimal regen.

How does she get charges? again, read her kit:

So keep her to sp1 .. or at least bait a sp1 before triggering her regen .. and viola ... not as much health healed .. ;)

Good luck!
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    There you go...Go though that post. These some helpful info.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2057460#Comment_2057460
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Bring in voodoo if you have him he'll make the fight considerably easy
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Knull or Nick Fury work wonders
  • XedXed Posts: 28

I Agree with @Tx_Quack_Attack6589 . You actually have to read the nodes beforehand and think about who to bring.
    If you don`t, you will be struggling.

I disagree. Treat the fight as a regular Phoenix fight. You can bring in anyone to win. I took Colossus, Stryfe and Mordo. All worked perfectly well. Important to check for falters so you don't get hit in the face and you can only do damage if she has more than 3 buffs. I got the fright of my life when her health shot up from 0 to 100% but was still able to one-shot her. It was a good fight.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Xed said:

I Agree with @Tx_Quack_Attack6589 . You actually have to read the nodes beforehand and think about who to bring.
    If you don`t, you will be struggling.

I disagree. Treat the fight as a regular Phoenix fight. You can bring in anyone to win. I took Colossus, Stryfe and Mordo. All worked perfectly well. Important to check for falters so you don't get hit in the face and you can only do damage if she has more than 3 buffs. I got the fright of my life when her health shot up from 0 to 100% but was still able to one-shot her. It was a good fight.
    Yeah. Anyone can do the fight. Just have to know how to do the fight. Mystics would maybe have a hard time since they nullify
  • Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    UPDATE: Turns out the champs I was using didn't have strong enough DOT to keep her from completely regenerating from Rite of the Phoenix.

I was able to beat her...but now it's more consistent.

Thanks for the insight guys 👍
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★

UPDATE: Turns out the champs I was using didn't have strong enough DOT to keep her from completely regenerating from Rite of the Phoenix.

That's not why...
    Btw....Professor X bypasses Falter. I forgot that!

Imagine that!?!?... I couldn't remember every aspect of the game off hand.

I guess it's one of those things I didn't read in the node....or I didn't have time in my busy day to research all the champs to see what works best for me.

That's not why...
    Welp! Whatever it was..it worked!

Thanks again everyone!
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 222 ★★

Btw....Professor X bypasses Falter. I forgot that!

Imagine that!?!?... I couldn't remember every aspect of the game off hand.

I guess it's one of those things I didn't read in the node....or I didn't have time in my busy day to research all the champs to see what works best for me.

You'd have all the damage reflected so he's a terrible counter
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Usually, I'm one of the first to point out when a fight is poorly designed, but I one-shotted this boss with apocalypse, horseman wolverine, and even rogue. This one really wasn't that bad.
    Unlike the cross-fight charges that don't exist....
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited March 2022
    7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

I agree that the fight sucks. I don't know why people are trying to pretend like this is some work of genius.

That being said, for work around I would get her almost dead(which does take reading the nodes and a little skill), exit the fight, come back in with Warlock. Once he has her heal blocked she won't get back any health after she "dies". Makes the fight much easier

Or you could just use warlock right off the bat and kill her?
    It's easier to get her health down with others. Then bring in Warlock for the finish. I just like to get it over with. Unlike others I won't pretend this fight is fun.
    It's probably easier to just prevent her from regaining full health. It's not the most fun fight but it's not the worst
  • jbxotiicjbxotiic Posts: 145
    7714dtl said:

I agree that the fight sucks. I don't know why people are trying to pretend like this is some work of genius.

That being said, for work around I would get her almost dead(which does take reading the nodes and a little skill), exit the fight, come back in with Warlock. Once he has her heal blocked she won't get back any health after she "dies". Makes the fight much easier

The fight is one of the fun fights this year imo. It requires some out of the box thinking and you have to actually pay attention to the fight. Last two months all the cav eq bosses have been pretty easy, I always soloed the bosses with herc without reading any nodes.
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Ronin can cheese it. Apocalypse also works well.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,070 ★★★★★

I used hyperion with odin pre fights

I'm jealous of you right now. I'm chasing him but no luck so far. Seems you have pretty good time pairing him with Odin
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,070 ★★★★★

Was expecting this to be a hard fight considering all the whining people are doing, but after beating her quite easily I just think most of you can't read 🤷‍♂️

It's not hard fight but some people are pretending is it's fun. IMO it's not fun nor creative but some nodes forced upon even without second thought