**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unpopular opinion

AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
edited March 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
We should use the term ouchie masteries instead of a rather violent world, suicides.

It is much more family friendly and accepting of others, and also increases the reputation of the game.

What do you guys think? Please be respectful.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Hoitado said:

Just No

Is being acceptable of everyone a problem?
    Is being great to every a problem?

Popular opinion : stop trolling go back to whichever cave you crawled out of

Stop harassing me, I am not a troll and serious about this, suicide is a very very negative word nowadays and is treated like a swear.

I suggest “self-melting masteries”

That actually sounds quite humourous and friendly!!
    Love it
  • NEOGNONEOGNO Posts: 116
    Maybe Degenerating Masteries? But that's too long. Or just Degen Masteries. Then again we can just stick to suicide masteries
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    NEOGNO said:

Maybe Degenerating Masteries? But that's too long. Or just Degen Masteries. Then again we can just stick to suicide masteries

'Sides ' work fine
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    For the record, Kabam has never coined that phrase. It was the Players. They've referred to them because we collectively call them that.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★

For the record, Kabam has never coined that phrase. It was the Players. They've referred to them because we collectively call them that.

Voice of the masses can change alot
    Terra said:

Voice of the masses can change alot
    Actually it has more to do with communicating in a way that we can relate to.
    Rillian said:

What’s the dev name for them then?
    Masteries.
    I think degen masteries work!!
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Speedbump said:

Why is society so dang sensitive????

It amazes me how the go-to solution is banning or cancelling instead of normalising and opening conversations.
    How does not saying the word suicides help anyone that has been affected by it.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    "And then, we eat the banana."

(Note for admins who take down the comment, this is a Monty Python Reference from the fruit self defense class sketch, not a sexual thing. )
    Speedbump said:

Why is society so dang sensitive????

I am society
  • RaiderbobRaiderbob Posts: 168
    The title of the thread is “unpopular opinion.” That’s the only thing the OP got right
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    AouxWoux said:

We should use the term ouchie masteries instead of a rather violent world, suicides.

It is much more family friendly and accepting of others, and also increases the reputation of the game.

What do you guys think? Please be respectful.

Only reason that "ouchie" mastery became a term is because some youtubers were getting their vids demonetized on youtube. Literally the only reason.
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 222 ★★
    If a person can't distinguish between a term in game and a real life issue then it really comes down to them more than anyone else. Sadly in the world we live in you have to sometimes change how you see things/do things rather than changing an entire system to suit you. Yes there are alternative names and the term being discussed is a very real issue but I think if someone were to make the association of a game mechanic that is named something less friendly with that problem they really need a reality check. I personally think this devalues the attention that should be given to those who battle with this issue and for some this is a very legitimate issue that people struggle with. Rather than changing the currently accepted name maybe go and make a real difference in someone's life and ask them if they're ok and if you can help them and provide support to anyone with these issues. I'm no professional but if you battle with these issues yourself I suggest you reach out for help because there are people who genuinely care for you and will offer assistance. Just my 2 cents