**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    GoDlyZor said:

Sorry, if you purchased the Act 7 offer you are not FTP. Nobody would have just been expecting that offer and then also just happen to have those kinda units laying around. And you cant score high in the gifting eveny FTP. Also to be in a Higher-end alliance you would probably not be allowed to be a FTP player. 3 is a joke. Just finishing Act 7 100% would be an accomplishment in itself worthy of Paragon and you would have a 6* rank4. That should be good enough.

? a lot of people that don't spend money save up for july 4th and cyber weekend. Some other things like gifting event as well. but those are the two biggest events for units in the game. Personally, I had been saving up in anticipation of building up my stash for july 4th since gifting ended. It was to be expected that there would be a good deal from story content. It was the end of the act and end of act 6 was also a big deal for units just wasn't worth it as much but a lot has changed since. I didn't expect 10k but had expected 3k or 6k. I had around 8k saved. You can get over 7k units a month in the game f2p. I explored 7.4.1-7.4.5 and did not touch 7.4.6 until I had the units and was ready to buy the 10k deal.

I'm not in a masters alliance only P1/P2, I didn't score high in gifting.
    7K seems pretty high. I guess if you grinded all arenas all day everyday. Most people cant place a game that much. But yeah like what you said didn't expect 10K and didn't have it and you are a saver.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Bottom line is no matter how they set the bar, someone is going to be offended. This isn't something that a great number of people are meant to have the day it comes out. It was the same for Thronebreaker.

Clearly you are missing the point here... it shouldn't be available to everyone, I agree there BUT when they introduced thronebreaker title they had TWO pieces of content that gave the rewards to make 1x r3 6*, meaning people was able to obtain TB on day 1 with some hard work.

That is not the same case as this new title.
    If it was set at 2 rank 4s people who had 100%ed act 7 but only have 1 rank 4 would complain about not having done gauntlet, SoP etc. People on the wrong side of it will always complain, it’s just human nature
    So how come KT1 and myself are complaining and we'll qualify for Paragon? Maybe people just actually have a difference of opinion and it has nothing to do with our personal accounts.
    Lol you are lumping yourself with someone with different reasons completely. You just dont wanna lose your aq spot, your interest is nothing more than that.
    Give him another 30min and I'm sure he'll remind everyone where his alliance places in AQ.

Mackey said:

Bottom line is no matter how they set the bar, someone is going to be offended. This isn't something that a great number of people are meant to have the day it comes out. It was the same for Thronebreaker.

Clearly you are missing the point here... it shouldn't be available to everyone, I agree there BUT when they introduced thronebreaker title they had TWO pieces of content that gave the rewards to make 1x r3 6*, meaning people was able to obtain TB on day 1 with some hard work.

If it was set at 2 rank 4s people who had 100%ed act 7 but only have 1 rank 4 would complain about not having done gauntlet, SoP etc. People on the wrong side of it will always complain, it’s just human nature
    So how come KT1 and myself are complaining and we'll qualify for Paragon? Maybe people just actually have a difference of opinion and it has nothing to do with our personal accounts.
    Lol you are lumping yourself with someone with different reasons completely. You just dont wanna lose your aq spot, your interest is nothing more than that.
    Give him another 30min and I'm sure he'll remind everyone where his alliance places in AQ.
    Yes, we're top 20 lol. My complaint has nothing to do with my alliance spot. We're going to be top 20 regardless of the changes because we're a top alliance. That's how it works.

To base it on content that isn't permanent doesn't make sense that why 2 r4's should be the limit. It's not rocket science and I don't care if a player is FTP or not.
    It's not based on temp content, it's based on what was available in that temp content to show that it's possible to have 3 r4s without spending on cash offers.
    I never said it wasn't possible. I have a two free to play guys now in my alliance that will have 3 r4's very shortly so the argument isn't that 3 r4's are impossible. I just don't feel it is reasonable for what they're trying to accomplish.

Especially the immediate benefits players that won't have paragon will be receiving until then. If you personally don't care about waiting, good for you. That is not whom I'm speaking for at the moment. Hopefully that cleared up my perspective.

Mackey said:

Also didn't you quit? Or let me guess you were saving yourself for Battlegrounds gtfoh lol.
    I mean that's literally what I said when I stepped back last year 🤷🏻‍♂️.
    It would do us a favor it that was permanent but hey keep on the cape for Kabam. Your displeasure for the game have been exposed through action so you should be the last one crying about people complaining.
    It was shown by action. I stepped back from playing the game competitively for months and wasn't spending. That's what I do when I don't like something instead of just moaning about it constantly. I made one post and dipped. Maybe you should take your own advice
    I'm clearly not as unhappy as you are with the game. That's my point, so you coming in here talking about complaints when you've back tracked for months is a little hypocritical and I just wanted people to know that who think you actually have a strong position on this.

I've been running this train steady without a hitch for well over a couple years now, that still doesn't' change the fact that a 2 r4 requirement will be healthier progression in my opinion and at least give some players a buffer. Because 2 r4 champs material is available in game without a question, no need to spend or buy an offer.
  • SomeScopeSomeScope Posts: 6
    Kabam is just really out of touch with their playerbase— this is even more controversial than the TB title, and it’s just been a day! The staff tries to prove that their terrible, money-grabby decisions are right instead of listening to the complaints and rationally looking for an option best for everyone, not just the big spenders (there’s already enough advantages that set them miles apart from the tryhard F2Ps and small whales).

IF Carina’s Challenges were supposed to be the peak of difficulty in the content, then yes you SHOULD be able to achieve Paragon title once you completed Volume 1 and 2 + 100% Act 7. I’ve been playing the game for over 5 years now, and each year that passes, more and more it seems like MCoC’s becoming a virtual wallet instead of the game I fell in love with and grinded for.

I’m currently exploring Act 7 Chapter 3 and 4, and knocking out some of Carina’s, but honestly the 3 R4 requirement is unattainable and unfair to me— I did the math and there’s nowhere near the amount of resources to R4 2 different champions. As a result of that, it’s nearly impossible to keep motivated and waste more hours on a game that just doesn’t care for its players.

Last complaint, the players that have been sticking with Kabam throughout all these months— experiencing issues with AQ/AW, wrong inputs and all that— we received ONE real compensation, around October 2021. I don’t consider the weekly packages, as I don’t partake in Alliance Modes. There’s been pots, revives and boosts expiring in my overflow for months now, I got no use for it.
  • CJLCJL Posts: 29
    edited April 2022

Requirements

To obtain the designation of Paragon, you must complete Act 7 Chapter 4, and have 3x Rank 4 6-Star Champions in your Roster.

When we said that this is for those that have done everything, we meant it!

While we wanted this next progression level to be a challenge to obtain, it was also important to us that we did not put this out of reach for skilled Summoners that choose not to purchase 6-Star Rank 4 Materials, and that this remains accessible (though difficult) for all Summoners to obtain, regardless of their monetary investments.

With that in mind, we made sure that on day 1, it was possible to do for a Summoner that has:
    • Completed all of the Story Content in-game
    • Completed all of last year’s Summer of Pain objectives
    • Completed Carina’s Challenges (Volumes 1 and 2),
    • Plays in a higher tier competitive Alliance
    • Purchased the Unit offer at the end of Act 7 Chapter 4

They way I understand it. I think some folks are misunderstanding the post about the requirement. It is not required to spend money to obtain this title. The post is merely explaining that people that have done these things already will have earned enough or had access to enough r4 materials to already have 3 x r4's and get this title day 1. If you have not completed all of these things by launch of the title, you will not have earned enough or had access to enough r4 materials to get the title day 1. It doesn't mean you have to do these things in order to get the title. It does not mean you have to play higher AQ or AW , It does not mean you will need to buy stuff. R4 materials will continue to become more available through many other means in the future both pay and F2P. No big deal if you cant have a title and access to the next account progression on day 1, it just means you have content left to do to grow your roster to that point. Think of it as a goal to motivate you for something in the future. Not being able to play certain content that may only become available to you based on your progression level is also fine IMO. We all know that each players has different needs and values the rewards differently at each level of account progression. Is it not logical to continue to separate the content, rewards and offers based on your roster and completion progress in the game? Makes sense IMO.
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★

DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

This 100%. The ones that are doing the most complaining are the ones that won't be Paragon day 1 so because of that, they think it's a garbage decision….

FOMO is all it is…

People have decided that the title is right and proper if they have already got 2 Rank 4s, or are close to getting them. They haven’t realised that the title is for the future of the game, not for today.
    To contribute to the discussion, do you both think it’s fair to base a progression title in a game on a promise of more content, without knowing what the rewards are or with what frequency they will be dropped?

Do you both believe that it is fair to say that a valid route to get to this new progression title would have been to do five different steps, including spending 10,000-12,000 units, without any knowledge of it being linked to a progression title?

What do you define as a campaign progression title? Because I don’t believe the majority of the player base’s idea lines up with what the team has announced.

And lastly, do you both think that new content, such as EOP, should have exclusive objectives and rewards for these new title holders within a month or two after release, especially when considering there’s no feasible method (permanent content) to get you to that benchmark?
    Sorry but it's possible to have 3 R4's at this point without having spent real money. Just because it's not "feasible" in your head, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And yes, its fair to base a title on future content. This title isn't meant for everyone to have on release, its meant to have something to work towards. If you had 3 R4's right now, you wouldn't be of this opinion. You can't base a new title on story content alone because it doesn't hold enough weight in terms of difficulty. It's leagues easier than Act 6 even after the nerf plus they increased paradox charges from 8 to 12 which decreases the difficulty even more.
    I agree with you that it is possible without having spent real money, that was never in question - the developers even laid out how it was possible, which I’m taking at face value. I’m disagreeing that a day 1 Campaign progression title is being based off of deals (and seemingly everything from alliances to temporary content). It’s not feasible to attain now, because there’s no permanent content or deals available now.

If you believe that it’s fair to base a title on future content, that’s alright. People disagree, and I think from your previous posts I see your point. I’m always okay with something I have to work towards; I’m of the opinion there just needs to be something to work towards when announcing it. When Thronebreaker came out, I didn’t qualify day 1 or even month 1. I worked hard to get there by taking on content that was available just to rank 3 a 6* Wasp. And I don’t regret it.

I haven’t been on the forums much for you to know me, but I still would be part of this opinion with even 3 r4 champs. It’s not because it affects me personally, it’s because it’s a complete change in the trend and a different set of requirements. I have no clue what will come after this, but I don’t like this trend and I don’t want it now or in the future.

I agree you cannot base a progression title on story content, but basing it on the metrics the game team has used, specifically temporary content and deals, I disagree with. I agree with the team it should be roster dependent, but it should be doable with the content in the game as it currently stands. That is why many say 2 rank 4’s are fair, because it means it is attainable via permanent content such as both Carina’s + Act 7. If there were variants or other permanent content that offered drops of r4 materials, I would say that 3 r4’s are fair.
    The people saying 2 are the ones who are only doing the content they wanted to get to 2 r4s. They aren't doing everything in game that could net them 3 r4s.

Some of those with 2, couldn't do SoP when it came out or Gauntlet because they weren't ready or weren't the right level. That's not Kabams fault as they specifically said this title is aimed at those who have done everything the encompass in their calculations. They know this severely limits the pool of Paragons and that's fine. We all can still work to this title.

This isnt any different than the people that claim there's a gold shortage in game but won't do arena to sustain their gold reserves.

There are ways to get R4 mats but it boils down to that most don't want to do some of those things like top 45 AQ and p1/masters AW.

People want Kabam to fit their own personal progression and that varies for everyone.

Like I said before, new titles going forward should be ones no one can get day one. Put to rest all this mess for the future.
    stop spreading lies,
    doing everything in game doesn't give you 3 r4
    I did SoP/Guntlet/every single content that gives r4 materials/act7/abyss/carina.
    and I'm half way throw the 3rd one, so the ONLY possible way to get the title day 1 is buying the 1st bundle of act 7 completion, which was optional, and no hints of new title the REQUIRE the bundle, so people could act accordingly (wait until they got the unit before completing the act).

so before saying same thing over and over again replying to every single one with valid argument, learn how to do math and double check before saying BS.

P.S. I'll not reply, just to stat facts rather than stat crab just to be kabam white knight.
    I don't care that much to waste tons of hours waiting to respond to every single counter argument to my opinion, since either ways, I don't give that crab about 10% more chance for l3 potion and 0.05% for t6 basic fragment from daily crystals.
    Again, you aren't factoring AQ and AW 🤷
    in a 'STORY progression title'. yeah right, I'm not factoring it.

DrDrill said:

DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

This 100%. The ones that are doing the most complaining are the ones that won't be Paragon day 1 so because of that, they think it's a garbage decision….

FOMO is all it is…

People have decided that the title is right and proper if they have already got 2 Rank 4s, or are close to getting them. They haven’t realised that the title is for the future of the game, not for today.
    To contribute to the discussion, do you both think it’s fair to base a progression title in a game on a promise of more content, without knowing what the rewards are or with what frequency they will be dropped?

Do you both believe that it is fair to say that a valid route to get to this new progression title would have been to do five different steps, including spending 10,000-12,000 units, without any knowledge of it being linked to a progression title?

What do you define as a campaign progression title? Because I don’t believe the majority of the player base’s idea lines up with what the team has announced.

And lastly, do you both think that new content, such as EOP, should have exclusive objectives and rewards for these new title holders within a month or two after release, especially when considering there’s no feasible method (permanent content) to get you to that benchmark?
    Sorry but it's possible to have 3 R4's at this point without having spent real money. Just because it's not "feasible" in your head, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And yes, its fair to base a title on future content. This title isn't meant for everyone to have on release, its meant to have something to work towards. If you had 3 R4's right now, you wouldn't be of this opinion. You can't base a new title on story content alone because it doesn't hold enough weight in terms of difficulty. It's leagues easier than Act 6 even after the nerf plus they increased paradox charges from 8 to 12 which decreases the difficulty even more.
    I agree with you that it is possible without having spent real money, that was never in question - the developers even laid out how it was possible, which I’m taking at face value. I’m disagreeing that a day 1 Campaign progression title is being based off of deals (and seemingly everything from alliances to temporary content). It’s not feasible to attain now, because there’s no permanent content or deals available now.

If you believe that it’s fair to base a title on future content, that’s alright. People disagree, and I think from your previous posts I see your point. I’m always okay with something I have to work towards; I’m of the opinion there just needs to be something to work towards when announcing it. When Thronebreaker came out, I didn’t qualify day 1 or even month 1. I worked hard to get there by taking on content that was available just to rank 3 a 6* Wasp. And I don’t regret it.

I haven’t been on the forums much for you to know me, but I still would be part of this opinion with even 3 r4 champs. It’s not because it affects me personally, it’s because it’s a complete change in the trend and a different set of requirements. I have no clue what will come after this, but I don’t like this trend and I don’t want it now or in the future.

I agree you cannot base a progression title on story content, but basing it on the metrics the game team has used, specifically temporary content and deals, I disagree with. I agree with the team it should be roster dependent, but it should be doable with the content in the game as it currently stands. That is why many say 2 rank 4’s are fair, because it means it is attainable via permanent content such as both Carina’s + Act 7. If there were variants or other permanent content that offered drops of r4 materials, I would say that 3 r4’s are fair.
    The people saying 2 are the ones who are only doing the content they wanted to get to 2 r4s. They aren't doing everything in game that could net them 3 r4s.

Some of those with 2, couldn't do SoP when it came out or Gauntlet because they weren't ready or weren't the right level. That's not Kabams fault as they specifically said this title is aimed at those who have done everything the encompass in their calculations. They know this severely limits the pool of Paragons and that's fine. We all can still work to this title.

This isnt any different than the people that claim there's a gold shortage in game but won't do arena to sustain their gold reserves.

There are ways to get R4 mats but it boils down to that most don't want to do some of those things like top 45 AQ and p1/masters AW.

People want Kabam to fit their own personal progression and that varies for everyone.

Like I said before, new titles going forward should be ones no one can get day one. Put to rest all this mess for the future.
    stop spreading lies,
    I did SoP/Guntlet/every single content that gives r4 materials/act7/abyss/carina.
    and I'm half way throw the 3rd one, so the ONLY possible way to get the title day 1 is buying the 1st bundle of act 7 completion, which was optional, and no hints of new title the REQUIRE the bundle, so people could act accordingly (wait until they got the unit before completing the act).

so before saying same thing over and over again replying to every single one with valid argument, learn how to do math and double check before saying BS.

P.S. I'll not reply, just to stat facts rather than stat crab just to be kabam white knight.
    I don't care that much to waste tons of hours waiting to respond to every single counter argument to my opinion, since either ways, I don't give that crab about 10% more chance for l3 potion and 0.05% for t6 basic fragment from daily crystals.
    Well he is technically correct. If you did all the content and got every act7 deal, cyber/july4 deal you would have 3 r4s.
    no where did he mention (july 4/act7 deal/cyber deals) so he is wrong
    I did but whatever.
    go ahead and underline it for me, or just admit you are wrong. end of discussion.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    edited April 2022

Mackey said:

I've been running this train steady without a hitch for well over a couple years now, that still doesn't' change the fact that a 2 r4 requirement will be healthier progression in my opinion and at least give some players a buffer. Because 2 r4 champs material is available in game without a question, no need to spend or buy an offer.
    Is that really because you only have 2 ? 😏
  • Mastan95Mastan95 Posts: 4
    So about the eternity of pain when can we expect information about the event?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

It’s pretty simple, really.

First, offers based on progression.
    Uncollected is the thing.
    Cavalier comes next.
    King? Pssh…Thronebreaker!

Kabam knows what they’re doing.
    Anyone can guess what’s next generally.
    But 3 champs was more than expected.
    A lot of us would have accepted 2.
    Maybe they’ll show us how to earn them.

Wasted. Sigh.

Mackey said:

Is that really because you only have 2 ? 😏
    I have 2 t3 alphas and 2 t6 basics. I will have 3 r4's by tomorrow with spring cleaning. This isn't about me. I've actually done all the content in game outside of two carina's. I said that already lol. If you spend and complete content like me its not a big deal. lol

I literally do not think 3 r4's is reason because someone like myself who has basically done everything and spends barely qualifies. So I think it is more reasonable to have 2 r4's because all of the material is there within permanent content and not having to buy offers.
    BTW, 'Campaign' is a synonym for "solo content / story quest / main quest" in every single game available.
    So great job making it "Campaign+" aka Solo + Cash + SQ + AQ + AW
    for the people who comparing this to TB title introduction,
    back then, no matter where you are in the game, if you explored act 6, you will get your first r3 no matter what (main complain was about RNG factor in choosing first r3).
    in here, even if you finished everything LITERALLY, you still won't be able to acquire the title.
    if you want to make the argument similar, the act 7 offer should be permanent, not 24h offer.
    this way, doing everything will give you the title, otherwise, it won't.

also, exploring act 6 probably costed ~4k units if you don't have best counter.
    this title, it will cost you at least 40k units Act 7 offer = 10k / 7 abyss path = 24k / various challenges= 5k /
    gifting + AQ+AW+July4 ...etc
    so it better be worth it (probably not)
  • TerrorTerror Posts: 33
    Christmas = 2000 GCCS = 3 New Rank 4 champs = Paragon. Akt 7 is not the problem. Money is the key. I need 1 more r4. Thanks kabam .
  • XSquadXSquad Posts: 143 ★★
    Idea here:

What if they added levels to the progression titles? 1 rank 4 equals Paragon level 1, 2 rank 4 = Paragon level 2, and 3 rank 4 = Paragon MAX. Each increase rewards or drops in various areas, while allowing those who completed story and many other areas to gain access to content and deals they should get. It would also give the very top players their unique and rare title over others.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,

Again, you aren't factoring AQ and AW 🤷
    Personal opinion, but to be honest, I think that alliance's should be completely irrelevant to determine your individual progression title.
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

TyEdge said:

. What r4 mats can I get right now? Whatever Carina stuff I haven’t done, and some scraps in act 7. If I got every bit of available r4 materials right now, I might barely have enough for two, but nowhere near a third.

In short, the problem is that they’ve announced a title with no way to get it besides waiting for content or spending.

Unless you have actually done EVERYTHING, then you get no sympathy from me. The title is made for people who are the very best and have done everything to prove it.

That's not true. Even if you have everything done, and bought all offers, the title still isn't for you. Because you would still not be able to get it
    I didn't say you'd get the title lol. I said you'd get my sympathy.
    Nice, how do I trade that sympathy for rank 4 materials?
    Alliances are irrelevant to the title. There are R4 mats in top AQ and AW. That's what's factored into the totals of available mats..
    You're contradicting yourself there.
    I'm not.

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Yes, we're top 20 lol. My complaint has nothing to do with my alliance spot. We're going to be top 20 regardless of the changes because we're a top alliance. That's how it works.

To base it on content that isn't permanent doesn't make sense that why 2 r4's should be the limit. It's not rocket science and I don't care if a player is FTP or not.
    It's not based on temp content, it's based on what was available in that temp content to show that it's possible to have 3 r4s without spending on cash offers.
    I never said it wasn't possible. I have a two free to play guys now in my alliance that will have 3 r4's very shortly so the argument isn't that 3 r4's are impossible. I just don't feel it is reasonable for what they're trying to accomplish.

Especially the immediate benefits players that won't have paragon will be receiving until then. If you personally don't care about waiting, good for you. That is not whom I'm speaking for at the moment. Hopefully that cleared up my perspective.
    What Kabam wants to accomplish is to rel8a title that's aimed at a specific group of people and will allow others to work towards that.

What the community wants is for them to release a new title specific to their own progress because they feel left out.
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    I suspect the Spring Cleaning Event will give a lot of players the "opportunity" to get a 3rd R4 ....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

Let me be quite frank. If I based my enjoyment and accomplishments on comparing myself with the big spenders, I'd be miserable. This whole F2P vs. P2P is a losing perspective.
    I mean, it's one thing to take pride in how far we can get without spending. It's another to consider it a competitive aspect of the game. The game is not divided into spenders and non-spenders.

It absolutely is divided and your blind if you don't see that. All the biggest game modes in the game will always have spenders at the top. AQ, AW top alliances are all whale alliances. Battlegrounds top players will also be the biggest spenders with the biggest rosters and all champions ranked up. Even events are tailored to who can spend the most (Gifting) 😂
    With people who don't spend playing in the same game modes with them. Just because people advance when they spend doesn't mean the game is separated. It's not "us vs. them". The only thing that fuels that point of view is bitterness. Lol.

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

What Kabam wants to accomplish is to rel8a title that's aimed at a specific group of people and will allow others to work towards that.

What the community wants is for them to release a new title specific to their own progress because they feel left out.
    I understand that, though I would argue the lack of information given around this title is more about making more July 4th and spring cleaning money.

My argument is that I disagree with their line, and they should include 2 r4's which is pretty common within the top 45 range. When you're talking 3 r4's thats top 20 range and above. So I'm saying expand it to include the top 45. That is all I'm saying. There would be nothing to complain about with 2 r4's because all that material is currently in game and ready to be done if you really want it. 3 r4's is not.
  • As someone who has complete all content except for a few carina 2 challenges this is entirely geared towards spending and it’s wrong to claim otherwise. It would be extremely rare for someone to compete in the “top alliances” without some degree of spending. It would also be extremely rare for someone to have the required ranked champs as f2p that aren’t in one of the top alliances. I’m not against p2w in games as all companies need to monetize somehow but don’t sugar coat it as more player friendly if people didn’t pay crazy amounts of money for rank up items.
  • atalt23 said:

I wouldn’t call myself an amazing player by any means but I beat the entirety of act 7 without a R3 6* and F2P. I don’t know how to say this but I feel like my efforts should be rewarded than how many champions I have at the highest rank

You want to go see a movie 🎥 in the theater? You pay money for that entertainment.

You want to go to an amusement park 🎢? You pay money for that entertainment.

You want to go to a concert 🎸? You pay money for that entertainment.

Streaming service? You pay money for that entertainment.

And so on…

We all love MCOC otherwise we wouldn’t be on this forum touting, ranting, complaining, praising Kabam constantly.

Kabam is far from perfect, no question about that. They’ve made countless mistakes and continue to do so. The game has ongoing issues… but they are constantly working to fix these issues and provide compensation to all players, to include FTP.

The fact that players can get as far as they do without having to spend any money at all is just phenomenal.

This game has so many moving parts and the complexity it’s mind boggling. This takes a lot of hard work to create and maintain. The game provides so much ongoing entertainment for so many players, including those who can’t or refuse to spend any money at all.

Why not give credit where it’s due to the game developers and the entire Kabam staff?

Why not throw them a bone 🦴 since they made this game that we’re all so entertained by?

Why should FTP players get even remotely close in progression to that of a player that pays for entertainment?

Where does this entitlement come from? Still blows my mind 🤯

Credit where it’s due. Entertainment costs money.
    You make some good points, and yes Kabam should get credit for the good that they do; but you need to remember the other side of running a business:

You see a bad movie? You tell everyone and give it a bad rating. Others don't go see it and it doesn't make money.

An amusement park doesn't update its rides with new exciting attractions? It falls into obscurity and closes.

A band that was popular a year ago puts out a bad album? They are now playing local bars instead of large arenas.

Streaming service doesn't offer new entertaining shows? Subscriptions go down.

and so on...

I am a capitalist and believe companies should get paid for putting out a good product. They also need to be held accountable when they make poor decisions. I am an end game player with most content done (only missing Abyss and some Carina's). I spend money on this game. I opened 60+ GGCs. Even if Kabam only requires 2 R4s I will not be able to get Paragon on day 1. I am ok with that. But when about 10 FTP players in the entire game and the top 10% of spenders can get something when it comes out: THAT is BAD Business.
    Just to clarify, no abyss done, "few" carinas and you are endgame? opening ggc's is nothing. what level of aq/aw do you play?

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

I understand that, though I would argue the lack of information given around this title is more about making more July 4th and spring cleaning money.

My argument is that I disagree with their line, and they should include 2 r4's which is pretty common within the top 45 range. When you're talking 3 r4's thats top 20 range and above. So I'm saying expand it to include the top 45. That is all I'm saying. There would be nothing to complain about with 2 r4's because all that material is currently in game and ready to be done if you really want it. 3 r4's is not.
    There would absolutely be something to complain about if it was 2. You'd then get those who can't do Carinas right now or didn't have the temp content before or because the r4 gem is RNG based and they "don't have an option" for a 2nd etc...

There's always something to complain about.

You view this title as it should be a wide net of people.on release, Kabam doesn't feel that way. This title is for those that have 3 r4s. It's just that simple.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Personal feelings are not included in my problem with the requirements. I say 2 r4s is sufficient but I don’t have 2. It makes sense to have 2 since that’s what is in the game within reason. This has nothing to do with how one person feels left out, it has to do with reason/common sense/logic etc…