Options

No Dr Strange Buff 😑

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger Posts: 7 β˜…
edited April 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
So next month is all about Dr Strange movie 🍿 and he ain’t getting any buff πŸ’ͺ or getting a new version of him. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ come on Kabam at least put him back before he was nerfed.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
Β«1

Comments

• Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hopefully we get a month where Strange is the overhaul and Dormammu is the numbers update (with maybe 1-2 new additions to his kit).
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yea, pretty upset
  • Options
    Pablogomes1204Pablogomes1204 Posts: 28 β˜…
    "Kabam Miike"I would be ashamed not to have buffed Dr Strange, since the movie is about him.. what a shame

• Options
    RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 222 β˜…β˜…
    would you rather have a psycho man level value update or a full overhaul in the future? Pick your poison. They can buff him but storm and DPXF have been in line for longer than him regardless of his movie and a value update will just make his wet noodle numbers a little bit higher without any/many improvements to utility
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,294 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    RicoShay said:

would you rather have a psycho man level value update or a full overhaul in the future? Pick your poison. They can buff him but storm and DPXF have been in line for longer than him regardless of his movie and a value update will just make his wet noodle numbers a little bit higher without any/many improvements to utility

I thought DPXF was this month. Was he always slated for June buff?
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,576 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 2022
    A storm buff was previously announced?

Can someone post a link to that ? This forum is a darn mess
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,022 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Dr Strange needs a buff, but it's not as simple as reverting him to pre-12.0. It was announced well in advance that Storm would be the buff this month, and Strange taking Mordo's Value Update spot wasn't going to be enough.

Keep in mind the only Buffs so far that have coincided with the release of movies or shows have been coincidences. We haven't planned them out based on big releases because we need to treat them differently and prioritize them based on the work that will be needed and what resources are available, though I would like to change this in the future.

Considering it's been a few years since 12.0 and Kabam hasn't made truth the promise they made with Strange after it, it's all in due time
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 755 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It would have been really cool to get the Evil Dr Strange and a Dr Strange buff lined up.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hopefully there's still time to line up a thor jane foster buff for Thor love and thunder in July
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I wish we got to see the buff lineup but since buffs are part of the excitement each month it makes sense why we cant see them.
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,924 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Dr Strange needs a buff, but it's not as simple as reverting him to pre-12.0. It was announced well in advance that Storm would be the buff this month, and Strange taking Mordo's Value Update spot wasn't going to be enough.

Keep in mind the only Buffs so far that have coincided with the release of movies or shows have been coincidences. We haven't planned them out based on big releases because we need to treat them differently and prioritize them based on the work that will be needed and what resources are available, though I would like to change this in the future.

Can we please get a β€œcoincidental” Jane Buff for July?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,090 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

A storm buff was previously announced?

Can someone post a link to that ? This forum is a darn mess

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/295021/an-update-to-balancing-in-mcoc/p1

• Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Thank you for this information. Also some of us thought DPXF was gonna get some love with an update along with OG Storm. Any information on this? Or his will be a surprised update? I'd be over the moon it is though.
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

Thank you for this information. Also some of us thought DPXF was gonna get some love with an update along with OG Storm. Any information on this? Or his will be a surprised update? I'd be over the moon it is though.
    As I posted in my previous comment they did name drop Deadpool as the third person who is going to be getting an overhaul but they never said they were going to release them all at once so right now as it stands Deadpool is most likely to be released in June unless otherwise corrected.
  • Options
    Pablogomes1204Pablogomes1204 Posts: 28 β˜…

πŸ˜ͺ you made a big mistake this time!! could have easily swapped the storm buff for the dr strange .. Knowing that the update would be based on his movie .. It was easier to have left the storm buff for the month of June.. Ex : And the same thing, people give a party at your house, and not be invited!! That's what happened to Dr Strange🀑
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

Why does everything always have to be excuses why can’t Kabam just come out and say why someone like Doctor Strange has not got a buff? Interesting timing for Mordo buff? If you can’t time these things correctly very interesting that his is coming right during Doctor Strange movie. There has to be a logical reason why you have not buffed him yet. Literally one of the most popular characters in marvel.

Because whether we want to believe it or not, people don't want to just hear a simple yes or no answer, they want explanations, they want details, etc.

Now maybe Mordo was planned for this buff because it was easier for his numbers bump or maybe there's another reason they're still hiding in their back pocket but if they're not telling, they're not telling.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I don't understand this statement because if you can plan out the release of new champions for MCU movies/shows why can't you do the same for a buff like this? If you really can't return him to what was (with maybe a few tweaks to actually improve him based on the new state of champions and nodes) and have to do a complete rework then why couldn't he just be treated as a new champion that is timed with release of the MCU content like all the other tie in champs (NOT saying release a new version that is good again and leave him as garbage, just saying do the complete rework on the existing version as we have been asking for for years)?