**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    DNA3000 said:

Granted some changes don't go over well, but AQ is always something that has changed from time to time. It's something we do 5 days a week, consistently. At least those Alliances that run it. For anyone asking why it was changed, change is the only thing preventing monotony.

while it is nice to give feedback, GW, do you play this map? I'm curious.
    I play AQ. It has never stayed the same indefinitely. They've made changed periodically. It's not going to be the same Map and Nodes forever.
    They have also, by their own admissions, made critical errors in the past regarding difficulty. For example, when they did the major revamp that added sentinel minions to AQ maps, they believed the intrinsic difficulty of those changes was trivial, but I not only challenged that idea qualitatively, I was also able to demonstrate quantitatively that mid-tier alliances that could hold the same points per week were placing hundreds of places higher in AQ leaderboards, implying a high number of alliances were experiencing dramatic difficulty increases that did not go away after alliances became familiar with the maps (as this effect persisted for weeks).

Change is inevitable, and there’s no sense in complaining about change itself. But the reason for the changes wasn’t just to change them for change’s sake. It was to make them more accessible, as they are no longer top tier maps but really mid tier maps with map 7/8 now taking the top tier spots. And some of the changes to map 5 and map 6 do help certain alliances complete those maps more easily - particularly less coordinated or less full alliances. But the per path difficulty of map 5 seems significantly higher for a map whose overall difficulty should have been neutral, and the per path difficulty of map 6 is dramatically higher than it seems the intended target should have been. The goal was to make the maps more accessible, not to update them to make them more difficult. The maps are objectively much harder, and clearly based on feedback subjectively much harder as well. In this specific case, they shouldn’t be.
    Agreed this reminds me of when Sentinels replaced the symbiods in AQ - and we didn’t have buffed Magneto back then so it was a nightmare and fights took forever.

I also don’t think the dramatic change in difficulty was an intentional change by Kabam (despite the fact that compensation packets are likely ending soon and alliances would likely either need to spend units to complete or drop down to map 5 and accept slower account progression)

But it is extremely frustrating how a post that is begging for some kind of response goes yet another day without any acknowledgement. Unfortunately it would seem like the Map 6 player base just isn’t big enough for Kabam to respond to. Instead meme posts and buff praise posts take priority.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I feel like an outsized proportion of the complaints are directed at the skill&tech/poison/power snack in phase 2. In fact, I think I’ve seen more people complain about that than all the other paths combined.

Remove literally any one of those 3 and you fix it. Remove power snack and you won’t have to play ridiculously slow with tech champs baiting specials. Remove poison and you don’t have to worry about shrugging/immunity. Remove the class restrictions and plenty of science/cosmic/mutant champs and Claire become relevant.
  • Options
    Darkn3ssDarkn3ss Posts: 3
    I dont think the nodes are two hard or the champs, but please take away the class requirements for different paths. We dont want to have to assign / call paths for map6.
  • Options
    Darkn3ss said:

I dont think the nodes are two hard or the champs, but please take away the class requirements for different paths. We dont want to have to assign / call paths for map6.

One of the reasons the champion selection sucks is that many champs are more easily handled baiting special 1s. You get one combo before you’re baiting another sp1.
  • Options
    Day 9 of this being open. Not even an acknowledgement. Truly bizarre.

I understand why internal data doesn’t get shared, and I’m not asking that I be shared, but I’d be fascinated to see the item use breakdown on that path versus others.
  • Options
    Badass84 said:

TyEdge said:

I understand why internal data doesn’t get shared, and I’m not asking that I be shared, but I’d be fascinated to see the item use breakdown on that path versus others.

I don't think there will be any answer. They'll just wait till we will give up or accept this ****...
    I think the sentinels were a great comp. Remember when they would fire off sp2 and sp1 back to back?

And remember that time last summer where AQ was suddenly scaling incredibly sharply?

They’ve addressed these types of things before.
  • Options
    Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

Badass84 said:

TyEdge said:

I don't think there will be any answer. They'll just wait till we will give up or accept this ****...
    I think the sentinels were a great comp. Remember when they would fire off sp2 and sp1 back to back?

And remember that time last summer where AQ was suddenly scaling incredibly sharply?

They’ve addressed these types of things before.
    Yep. I remember. Started playing 4 weeks after release. Still remember all AQ-Bosses and AQ has never been worse for mid-tier-alliances ..
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 ★★★
    There was also that time when we couldn't punish the Sentinnels Sp1's. Since their introduction to the game we could, then one day we couldn't anymore.

It eventually got fixed after much persistance on our part. But well... back then there was no map 7 or 8.

Now it feels like we might as well be complaining about map 1 the lack of damns being given, except by ourselves who are affected by it.
  • Options
    KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    Badass84 said:

TyEdge said:

I suspect they will address it once we have used up all the compensation packages and used up a few thousand units first. After they’ve made some money out of it essentially.
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Kiptonade said:

Badass84 said:

TyEdge said:

I suspect they will address it once we have used up all the compensation packages and used up a few thousand units first. After they’ve made some money out of it essentially.
    Already did. Last AQ burned all my items on path1 section2. Every fight ended with sp3 to the face (turn the tide modifier)
    I’m giving up. Leaving alliance and AQ after this AW season.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Soooo @kabam any of the mods, can we get an acknowledgment this thread exists? @Kabam Miike since seems only he’s answering?

Has anyone noticed this long thread?
  • Options

Soooo @kabam any of the mods, can we get an acknowledgment this thread exists? @Kabam Miike since seems only he’s answering?

Has anyone noticed this long thread?

I’m sure they’ve noticed the long thread. They are trying to address it by deleting comments.
    Not that long anymore…
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Granted some changes don't go over well, but AQ is always something that has changed from time to time. It's something we do 5 days a week, consistently. At least those Alliances that run it. For anyone asking why it was changed, change is the only thing preventing monotony.

while it is nice to give feedback, GW, do you play this map? I'm curious.
    I play AQ. It has never stayed the same indefinitely. They've made changed periodically. It's not going to be the same Map and Nodes forever.
    They have also, by their own admissions, made critical errors in the past regarding difficulty. For example, when they did the major revamp that added sentinel minions to AQ maps, they believed the intrinsic difficulty of those changes was trivial, but I not only challenged that idea qualitatively, I was also able to demonstrate quantitatively that mid-tier alliances that could hold the same points per week were placing hundreds of places higher in AQ leaderboards, implying a high number of alliances were experiencing dramatic difficulty increases that did not go away after alliances became familiar with the maps (as this effect persisted for weeks).

Change is inevitable, and there’s no sense in complaining about change itself. But the reason for the changes wasn’t just to change them for change’s sake. It was to make them more accessible, as they are no longer top tier maps but really mid tier maps with map 7/8 now taking the top tier spots. And some of the changes to map 5 and map 6 do help certain alliances complete those maps more easily - particularly less coordinated or less full alliances. But the per path difficulty of map 5 seems significantly higher for a map whose overall difficulty should have been neutral, and the per path difficulty of map 6 is dramatically higher than it seems the intended target should have been. The goal was to make the maps more accessible, not to update them to make them more difficult. The maps are objectively much harder, and clearly based on feedback subjectively much harder as well. In this specific case, they shouldn’t be.
    Well yes, I agree. Which is why I prefaced what I said by indicating some changes don't go over well. I was speaking to the idea of why they change it at all. Some people expect it to stay the same because that's what they're used to. That's not realistic. I'm not saying these changes are a hit or a miss. I can see the feedback.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I honestly don’t mind the nodes or pi, just remove the class restrictions and I think 99% will be happy
  • Options
    I care more about the power sucks node in section2 path1. Not many options even without the class restriction that immune to nullify and poison immune. (Power control alone is not enough for this path especially with some of the modifiers)
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Somewhat off topic but as of the current update ; fight timers are back to 3 minutes. I was almost certain they were at 3:30 last month.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    The linked nodes are annoying me too. Its harder to push thru the minis with the nodes up as they are more punishing.

Why can't the links be at the beginning of the paths instead of the end? Hasn't AW taught KABAM that not forcing players to wait for other players is a good thing.