AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

Comments

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    Eight pages for this thread and it surprises me that noone here, either from Kabam side or the players' side, has called it for exactly what it is.

When posting "let us use whomever we want", it actually means "'let us keep using Corvus and/or Hercules to steamroll everything".

When posting "dual class lanes are not enjoyable", it actually means "'hey, we cannot keep using Corvus and/or Hercules to steamroll everything".

It is pretty obvious that with these changes Kabam practically targeted specific champions that were over-used in AQ and wanted to reduce their current meta-relevance. Which makes sense, you know? New meta-champions have to come into play, and make the community spend as much as possible, to acquire them and use them.

Hey, lucky me, I was not using Corvus in the old map 6, anyhow. But this is certainly not about me. In my opinion, TB players with advance rosters have no problem coming up with alternative champions for these lanes. But Cavalier players, who were using those certain champs, it is quite possible that will hit a wall and get frustrated. I can understand that and even sympathize with them. Apparently, it is what it is.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Member Posts: 225 ★★★
    edited May 2022

All of it.

This is going to sound like I’m bragging, but I purposely used my weaker champs to test the new map and to see if your complaints pan out.

Which paths did you take in each section out of interest?
  • UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Member Posts: 203 ★★
    edited May 2022
    Kiptonade said:

All of it.

This is going to sound like I’m bragging, but I purposely used my weaker champs to test the new map and to see if your complaints pan out.

Section 1 path one: Used Stryfe, wrong class, with the purpose of building up his charges.
    Section 2, Might Charge path: Used KP, wrong class, so I can save Hood for mini boss.
    Section 3, up middle left: Stryfe was the only champ left.

Edit:
    I brought KP with section 2 path 1 in mind, but my alliance mate got there before me.

Kiptonade said:

All of it.

Section 1 path one: Used Stryfe, wrong class, with the purpose of building up his charges.
    Section 2, Might Charge path: Used KP, wrong class, so I can save Hood for mini boss.

It would be good if you try path one in section two tomorrow and let us know your thoughts then if you still think the complaints are unwarranted.

Kiptonade said:

Kiptonade said:

All of it.

It would be good if you try path one in section two tomorrow and let us know your thoughts then if you still think the complaints are unwarranted.

I’ve done that path with Ghost, Wasp, and Havok on day one and two last week. Made a mistake and die once.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    I don’t know anyone from previous or current alliance that enjoys or has ever enjoyed AQ.
    We run epic modifiers and it’s horrendous.
    Total item use for my bg was 9 items today so it’s not like we’re struggling but it’s just a horrible horrible grind. Too much going on, fights are annoying and slow af.
    Class restrictions and paths with nodes like mighty charge, poison and power snack aren’t enjoyable at all.
    I’m sure the intent wasn’t to irritate the player base 5 days out of every 7 but that’s what’s happening.
    edited May 2022
    Kiptonade said:

ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

My alliance has had no problem with Map 6. Hell by the time I wake up the map is cleared.

maybe the reason you had no problem is because you slept through one of the sections.
    And yet my alliance are clearing it while I’m asleep. They can finish it with 9 people instead of the 10 is needed before. Strange don’t you think.
    What’s your in game name so we can make sure you don’t join our alliances to be a slacker. Stop leeching and carry your own weight.
    The assumption force is strong with some of you in here. Just because his bg cleared the map when he’s asleep doesn’t mean he slacks off. There are alliances that have very active and competitive players who will take the minis and bosses with link nodes still up. I have been fortunate enough to be in a few of those alliances. Including the one I’m in right now. The pictures below was me clearing the boss this morning. Do I think the players with one million score leeching? No.
    Our alliance went from 655 to 666 and only two players said something about class restrictions. And they mentioned it once.

How many items did you use?

Edit: upload got delayed from earlier. Didn’t mean to double post.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★

Eight pages for this thread and it surprises me that noone here, either from Kabam side or the players' side, has called it for exactly what it is.

When posting "let us use whomever we want", it actually means "'let us keep using Corvus and/or Hercules to steamroll everything".

When posting "dual class lanes are not enjoyable", it actually means "'hey, we cannot keep using Corvus and/or Hercules to steamroll everything".

It is pretty obvious that with these changes Kabam practically targeted specific champions that were over-used in AQ and wanted to reduce their current meta-relevance. Which makes sense, you know? New meta-champions have to come into play, and make the community spend as much as possible, to acquire them and use them.

Hey, lucky me, I was not using Corvus in the old map 6, anyhow. But this is certainly not about me. In my opinion, TB players with advance rosters have no problem coming up with alternative champions for these lanes. But Cavalier players, who were using those certain champs, it is quite possible that will hit a wall and get frustrated. I can understand that and even sympathize with them. Apparently, it is what it is.

You’re right about Corvus and Herc but it reminds me of the True Sense window. They tried to go after Quake and Ghost but they caught a dozen other champs in their net. If these AQ changes are about making Corvus and Herc unviable, don’t nerf 3 other classes.

This is like variant 8…the design is a total failure considering their stated goals. Variant 8 isn’t mid game content when so few champs are in the relevant pool, and so few counter the prevalent nodes. This map is so narrow that certain classes of players are excluded, which means they don’t prepare for map 7 at all. And especially if compensation stops, those players won’t be able to item their way through it.
    Kiptonade said:

Kiptonade said:

All of it.

I’m not saying some of the complaints here are not warranted. But there are some just outright whining.
    Section 2 path is hard, but there are counters like Ghost.
    Class restrictions is not bad, imo. You can get around that with DOT or take advantage of the global node buff (see below). I used Penni, SpiderGwen, and Venom on day one and two. Then the three Spidermen on day three (see below). Although, I did use 3-4 items on those days.

• World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

My alliance has had no problem with Map 6. Hell by the time I wake up the map is cleared.

maybe the reason you had no problem is because you slept through one of the sections.
    And yet my alliance are clearing it while I’m asleep. They can finish it with 9 people instead of the 10 is needed before. Strange don’t you think.
    What’s your in game name so we can make sure you don’t join our alliances to be a slacker. Stop leeching and carry your own weight.
    The assumption force is strong with some of you in here. Just because his bg cleared the map when he’s asleep doesn’t mean he slacks off. There are alliances that have very active and competitive players who will take the minis and bosses with link nodes still up. I have been fortunate enough to be in a few of those alliances. Including the one I’m in right now. The pictures below was me clearing the boss this morning. Do I think the players with one million score leeching? No.
    Our alliance went from 655 to 666 and only two players said something about class restrictions. And they mentioned it once.

Well, im in one of those alliances that regularly fights minis and the boss linked and our group is all annoyed by the class restrictions all over the map. Just like the chapter in act 6 that has class-weaknesss, it’s really not that much fun

ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

Well, im in one of those alliances that regularly fights minis and the boss linked and our group is all annoyed by the class restrictions all over the map. Just like the chapter in act 6 that has class-weaknesss, it’s really not that much fun
    Map 6 and Act 6 are very different contents. As someone who 100% Act 7, I wouldn’t want to go back and explore Act 6.
    Kiptonade said:

Kiptonade said:

Kiptonade said:

All of it.

I’m not saying some of the complaints here are not warranted. But there are some just outright whining.
    Section 2 path is hard, but there are counters like Ghost.
    Class restrictions is not bad, imo. You can get around that with DOT or take advantage of the global node buff (see below). I used Penni, SpiderGwen, and Venom on day one and two. Then the three Spidermen on day three (see below). Although, I did use 3-4 items on those days.

Not everyone is going to have a Ghost though but the core issue as that these changes should be there to make AQ less of a chore the update was worded in away that this was a win for alliances who found AQ time consuming and disruptive due to timezones.

You might think it’s outright whinging but the core points across the board are the same.

The class restriction cause unnecessary annoyance and mean alliance leaders have to try and forward plan AQ as if AW wasn’t bad enough to plan - more time consuming and the player who is given the short straw on the tech/skill path is going to burn through more items/units than anyone else.

Some of the nodes make absolutely no sense and as a result either take forever to take down or overly punish any mistakes. Again more time consuming.

Who is realistically going to rank 3 an OG Spider-Man just for AQ when even a 200% attack increase isn’t likely going to serve much benefit and in any case is going to only support 2 paths.

I think everyone here and I’m sure you would be included would rather just suffer the extra 9 fights than have to keep these nodes and restrictions.

You don’t need R3 Spidermen.

• Carmel1Carmel1 Member Posts: 632 ★★★
    @UnobtainiumClaws, what modifier are you running? Master or Epic?

We are running epic, and the two modifiers I struggle the most with in Section2 path1 are the Parry Curse and the Turn the Tide.
    They were always my less favorite modifiers but it wasn't that bad... but the mix with Power snack make these modifiers harder to deal with.

Regarding points, i never really look at it... some players can skip sections or fights and then throw their champs on boss and they will have the highest score... OR as many mentioned here, there are some easy paths\fights and some tough paths (like Section2 path1) but the points for each fight is the same. Bottom line, it means nothing.
  • CangaceiroCangaceiro Member Posts: 429
    @UnobtainiumClaws Is he in your alliance?

The guy comes to a grievance post to brag about how his alliance does all the work while he is asleep. Doesn’t that define mooching?

Like someone else mentioned, what is the mods and alliance prestige? That makes a hell of a difference.

If the majority of the people are having an issue compared to just a very few like you, don’t you think there is a problem? It’s amazing you can do that, excellent . But most of us are struggling, even the ones who done map 7-8 are saying this new map 6 is harder.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Carmel1 said:

ItsDamien said:

Map 6 and Act 6 are very different contents. As someone who 100% Act 7, I wouldn’t want to go back and explore Act 6.
    That’s my point; act 6 was a slog just like these class-weakness restrictions.

@UnobtainiumClaws Is he in your alliance?

The guy comes to a grievance post to brag about how his alliance does all the work while he is asleep. Doesn’t that define mooching?

Like someone else mentioned, what is the mods and alliance prestige? That makes a hell of a difference.

If the majority of the people are having an issue compared to just a very few like you, don’t you think there is a problem? It’s amazing you can do that, excellent . But most of us are struggling, even the ones who done map 7-8 are saying this new map 6 is harder.

I don't think you should look at him as slacker because he sleeps while others finish the map... it not his fault that he's on a different time zone, and I'm sure you don't expect him to give up on sleep \ work \ school to run AQ.
    My only comment about his response is that if he doesn't experience the all map he can't say "it's easy, I have no idea what other complaint about". even if he takes the poison\power path and skip section3 it means it's easier to bring 3 champs that handle only that path and not worry about bringing someone for section3.
  • CangaceiroCangaceiro Member Posts: 429
    I created this poll as well and the sentinel is the same, plenty of people agreeing with negative feedback.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/303073/aq-defenders-map6-issue#latest
    Looks like Kabam are having a nightmare with the 7.4 exploration offer today so unlikely to reply but just a reminder that this is day 10 without even the simplest of acknowledgements.
  • travgianttravgiant Member Posts: 22
    The class weakness just needs to be removed simple as that
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,541 ★★★★★

Complete rubbish. I never used Corvus/Herc and more than half the alliance didn't either. These aren't pointy end players or players who pay attention to the "meta", or whatever that is supposed to mean.

These are people who just want the content they somewhat reluctantly completed every day not arbitarily increased in difficulty for no reason.

edited May 2022
    As this thread has dragged on unacknowledged for 10 days, I just noticed that it’s power snack 2. How much power does power snack 1 give? 25% of a bar?

If I’m in a fight where I need to bait sp1, I find myself doing literally one combo at a time for a lot of fights. Even that reduction would allow for enough times with two combos between specials.
    DNA3000 said:

Kiptonade said:

Who is realistically going to rank 3 an OG Spider-Man just for AQ when even a 200% attack increase isn’t likely going to serve much benefit and in any case is going to only support 2 paths.

Well, I just ranked up my 5* Overseer from rank 2 to rank 5 to do everyone's favorite Map 6 path. But as resource intensive as that was, that still makes me the lucky one that actually has that option at all and the resources to insta-rank him to do AQ. Who's going to do something like that for AQ? Very few people will be *able* to do that, much less will do it.

The fact that options exist is irrelevant. The question is how narrow those options are, how much skill they take to pull off, and how realistic is the notion that players can actually utilize these options. Ghost is a viable option for the tech/skill iBom in the same sense that 2* champs are a viable option for the Abyss. They work, for 0.0001% of the player population. The map should be doable for a wider set of players, and without the mega-piles of AQ compensation potions that will soon be going away.

Even on Map 5, my low alt is facing Toad, Sauron, Purgatory, and Terrax in one day. Who cares what the nodes are, that's a lot to throw at the average Map 5 player. Tech/Skill is just the obvious extreme case for Map 6, but the question isn't whether Map 6 is doable. It is whether it is substantially harder than it used to be. It is doable, because we're doing it. But it is far harder than it ought to be for what is now a mid-tier map.
    Did you try overseer on path1 section2?
    I wonder if he can pull it off with the class penalty

I’ve gotten better as this week has gone along but I also feel like I have no room for error because hood can’t do the path. I’ve been running 6r2 hood, 6r3 kingpin and 5r5 g99. After war rewards, assuming he hasn’t been duped by then, I’ll awaken kingpin and take him to sig 65 to get 3 extra rages.
    edited May 2022
    @Kiptonade
    I screwed up on the first fight so had to use a revive and health potion. My alliance mate jumped in and took three fights.
    Bet you didn’t expect Hawkeye was used.
    And yes, it’s a R3 HE.

Edit: No, I don’t think it’s terrible. I’m not advocating for it either.
    @Kabam Miike or any other mod please chime in.

up o

@Kiptonade
    I screwed up on the first fight so had to use a revive and health potion. My alliance mate jumped in and took three fights.
    Bet you didn’t expect Hawkeye was used.
    And yes, it’s a R3 HE.

Edit: No, I don’t think it’s terrible. I’m not advocating for it either.
    @Kabam Miike or any other mod please chime in.

up o

I believe you run master modifiers right?
    We run epic (day 5, mysterio is 44k comparing to 38k in your screenshot)
    The fact that you run master and R3 champs just prove the increased difficulty in the new map.
    In the old map6 I used 5* hyp to complete section2 & section3 with epic modifier and no items.
    In current map6, can’t use hyp but I tried a 5* vision and one of a R3 moleman \ penny \ ghost (I tried each one of them - all unduped) and couldn’t complete it without items