New Input system Beta Concerns

G00SE_G00SE_ Member Posts: 22
edited June 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
So I want to preface, that I didn't have many issues with parry or dropped inputs before the beta. Now that kabam wants to roll out the beta as the new input system, at the end of the month I believe, I decided to test the beta and familiarize myself with the new input system and I have to say it is 100% worse. I'm now having issues that I didn't formerly have. For instance, I was using doom, doing the doom cycle. I throw my sp3, mm, and doom just freezes, and I eat an sp3. I tested this specific interaction about 15 times and of the 15 times, doom froze up about 8 times. Also, I'll go to parry, and sometimes my character will throw a heavy or dash back. I go to use a special only to stand there like a bozo and then eat a combo. Finally, dexing feels inconsistent now. Especially on beam specials, like iceman's sp1, and at first, I just thought "oh, it's a new timing widow I have to adapt to," but this defiantly isn't the case. It's a coin toss of a chance that I'll be able to dex certain specials now, whereas before I rarely had an issue. What worries me is that kabam talks of all this "positive feedback" their receiving from the input beta, but a majority of what I'm seeing is that this new input system is causing lots of people problems and that isn't to say that the input beta hasn't fixed the game for some, but for me, it's made the game worse and unenjoyable. I want to know what everyone else thinks about the new input system.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    You can turn off the beta changes if you want
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian

G00SE_ said:

What happens when the beta becomes the new input system?
    You can still opt out
    So there will be two input system and none of them will work perfectly?
    For some people maybe. But not all.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,584 ★★★★★

G00SE_ said:

You can still opt out
    The whole point in this, is to work perfectly for EVERYONE.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★

G00SE_ said:

You can still opt out
    IMO just adjust to the new one and you’ll be fine. Your muscle memory is stuck prolly.

G00SE_ said:

You can still opt out
    IMO just adjust to the new one and you’ll be fine. Your muscle memory is stuck prolly.
    That's what I am thinking too. However I have no proof and I wouldn't be surprised if it is still broken for some
    Searmenis said:

G00SE_ said:

You can still opt out
    The whole point in this, is to work perfectly for EVERYONE.
    I'm not disagreeing with that. They person asked what happens when the new input system becomes the main. I answered that with the actual answer. Same with the other question. It is still new so it could be timing issues people need to get used to. It could be it's actually broken. I have no idea and can only speak for my own experiences. I do agree that they are rushing though and didn't give adequate time for testing the beta on the live server.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    The Beta is really made the much input worst. I really want it to work and really try to get use it, but have to op-out.

Just really scare what is the next step of Kabam plan. Regular input compensation had stop, and seem like Kabam planning to release this new input as a "fix".

Also really surprised, there are quite a few different threads on the similar inputs and AI Parry issue, and normally the Kabam team would merge all of them together. So don't why these haven't been, it would be useful to have all of these discussions under on thread.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Terrible advice
  • AleorAleor Member Posts: 3,084 ★★★★★

G00SE_ said:

You can still opt out
    LoL, I assumed it was about quitting the game
  • Blackfriar63Blackfriar63 Member Posts: 92
    So I am assuming the "Summer of Pain" is what we all get to experience when this broken "fix" becomes permanent? Cuz I'm feeling the pain already....
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 891 ★★★
    Jestuh said:

G00SE_ said:

You can still opt out
    Haha exactly. They’re both inconsistent and bad.

They need to go back to the beta a week ago before this months event patch. It was working really well for me then.
    Was there a preliminary beta that changed at first of month? I have been saying in posts that it was like the beta was good at first and then something changed.
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Member Posts: 327 ★★

G00SE_ said:

You can still opt out
    LOL, controls should be according to my muscle memory from 1 or 1.5 years ago where everything was working perfectly.
  • JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★
    Fryday said:

Also really surprised, there are quite a few different threads on the similar inputs and AI Parry issue, and normally the Kabam team would merge all of them together. So don't why these haven't been, it would be useful to have all of these discussions under on thread.

Completely agree with this. No idea why.

• JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    ChiliDog said:

Jestuh said:

G00SE_ said:

You can still opt out
    Haha exactly. They’re both inconsistent and bad.

They need to go back to the beta a week ago before this months event patch. It was working really well for me then.
    Was there a preliminary beta that changed at first of month? I have been saying in posts that it was like the beta was good at first and then something changed.
    There was a closed beta starting on March 21/22 and then it went public as an opt in open beta in mid April.

I have had enormous block and input problems for over a year and it’s significantly hurt my enjoyment of the game so it’s something I really pay attention to. While the open beta was on last month I was finally able to 100% the cav eq and sqand I hadn’t been able to do that in a really long time because of how unforgiving any mistake is on cav content and higher.

I made another post summarizing my testing but I played this game a lot during the open beta and found it to be much better. But as soon as I updated to the most recent patch at the beginning of may it seemed like it all got rolled back. And now it’s just as inconsistent as ever.

Here’s a link to all of my testing and observations:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/303162/input-beta-feedback#latest
  • mortenhymortenhy Member Posts: 492 ★★

To the OP, I share very similar thoughts regarding the new input system. Not sure where or who has responded with positive feedback, it’s certainly not in the majority on this forum, unless there is 1 specific thread I’ve missed with hundreds of congratulation posts on 😂 Most of what I’ve seen on here is a negative response, and plenty of people saying the same thing, that the new input system is causing problems for people that never had issues to start with.

If it is an opt in or out option when the update goes live, hopefully there is 1 system on offer that can be used by most people. To me though that is still a big IF.

One new thing I came across yesterday when using blade for the first time in a while; at the very least half the time I try to hold block to regenerate he dashes forward with a medium attack. Just him, not happened with another champ.

I have made a lot of posts complaining about Kabam, but I never made a post praising them until last week... I am one of the players that really benefits (very sorry for the english spelling) from the new input system beta... even though, after the new update I'm not really so happy about it...but before the update I was soooo hyped.. I have waited like a year for this to be fixed and the first week I used it, it was really nice and way better than I thought it would be.
  • iStaplesiStaples Member Posts: 46
    I try parrying and it does nothing I was in variant 6 and tried to beat spider-man with mole-man could not parry got defeated. KABAM FIX THE GAME!!!
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Member Posts: 379 ★★★
    I have also been having issues with parry with the new system. Considering the amount of times I have been hit in the face while blocking, or have had my specials blocked while chaining combo into special.

Maybe it is just my timing and if so I hope I adjust quickly.

I have stayed opting into the new input system just to try improve in case it is my timing
  • Kabam PorthosKabam Porthos Moderator Posts: 4,676
    Hey guys, I recommend checking out THIS announcement as it contains a link to the dedicated feedback form we're using to gather information on issues like these.
This discussion has been closed.