Input Beta Feedback

JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike I didn’t see a place to put feedback for the input beta so here are my notes. This is after testing it every day since the public beta went live and playing in eq and sq on heroic through legendary difficulty.

I’m using the most updated iOS on an iPhone SE 2020

Note that updating to the most recent patch has really hurt my blocking/parry/dex success rate. I had to check and make sure it was still enabled (it was). But it’s much worse for me after the most recent game patch.

-S3 timing off, it won’t always fire when I push the button. Sometimes I’ll stand there just spam blocking.
-Time after special still off, countering after specials is inconsistent. Sometimes I’ll pull it off, sometimes I get blocked or light punched out of a dash when my timing feels the same or when their animation is still finishing.
-lots of dropped frames and lag
-Some dexing and blocking mistimings
-Specials and heavies covering too much distance or covering an inconsistent distance
-getting stuck blocking sometimes where it won’t let me reparry or dex out of a blocked hit.
-Block getting stuck during specials like spidey s1, so I get stuck blocking the entire thing and can’t block part and then dex the rest. I can even take my fingers off the screen and I’ll keep blocking.
-Successful perfectly timed block on nimrod is giving armor but not activating parry stun
-Timing before and after specials is off, chaining specials before I can block or move or chaining into special while still recoiling from hits
-Delay in block to dex transition and vice versa, and it’s an inconsistent delay
-Delay initiating specials after some attacks/combos
-Opponent reaction time when standing back up in a corner feels inconsistent and off (they’re throwing specials while the animation is still getting up, so there’s a period where I can’t hit them but they can throw specials while appearing on the ground or starting to stand up)
-Still getting occasional frame rate issue that allows me to block or interrupt their combo
-the window I have to parry stun seems shorter when they’re cornered regardless of spacing.

Comments

• GotchaRexiGotchaRexi Member Posts: 19
    The new input has been an improvement from my experience, but it is still not fixed. I really don't know how they took like a week of info and decided everything was perfect.
  • Nerdkid76Nerdkid76 Member Posts: 13
    Yes I agree it needs to be fixed heavily. I play AQ map 5 and the first fight I used Archangel and missed 4 parries in a row and died. Everytime I missed them my finger was right were it should’ve been to parry. I hope they fix this soon because I will grinding for thronebreaker in a couple of weeks.
  • GiomeGiome Member Posts: 170 ★★
    Hearing some good comments about this I had high hope but unfortunately I do not see any improvement since I opted in few days ago. If anything things are even worse for me.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,322 ★★★★★
    I’ve been seeing a lot of dropped inputs, for sure. Frequently just standing still when I’ve swiped forward or back. An example that comes to mind is RoL WS, I properly dashed back for the punches on his sp1, but then just idled for the bullets despite having input the dex like I have countless times before.
  • Hickdog27Hickdog27 Member Posts: 140 ★★
    Having issues when dashing in to throw a single medium attack into a block followed by a dash back when trying to bait a special. About 10% of the time, the dash back fails and ends up being another medium attack and then I eat the special or get combo'd.
  • JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    I made a note of this but forgot to mention this in my original post.

When throwing s3, the bonus damage bar slider is inconsistent as well. Sometimes it stops as soon as I touch the screen, sometimes it just keeps going a bit.

And after another day of playing, I can definitely say the input issues are significantly worse after the most recent patch.

They were much better at the end of last month’s event. But for some reason this month’s seems to be an almost complete rollback of everything you all managed to fix last month. And yes I have tried turning the beta on and off.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    i actually have no idea how to help them continue working on the input issue if the game is gonna keep crashin every 1 hour for me.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    Works better for me…

Though running the game on an iPhone 7+ might also be causing problems. Lots of endless loading, jittery fights, and sometimes lost inputs. But definitely no more delayed inputs on my end (unless they are completely lost)
  • BustergdudeBustergdude Member Posts: 12
    I've been getting quite a lot of dropped inputs when I go to swipe back, or forward. My character will just stand there idle, and get wrecked. Parry seems better, but it seems other issues have been introduced.
  • XmaxinaXmaxina Member Posts: 3
    Mine is working solidly better, having said that i'm on a new ipad mini and i pretty much stopped playing since the control bug. I'm only on IOS devices and while I played a bit early, this weeks had more play time for me then the past two months. Whether or not it's that or the ipad mini or subjective... everything feels better except maybe some odd extra movements when i'm not touching the screen. Ie A dash I hadn't intended.
  • JestuhJestuh Member Posts: 274 ★★★
    I just wanted to add a request here for the devs that would help everyone diagnose these issues and share them.

iPhone users have no way to record a video on screen that shows your taps and inputs. I know some android users have this.

If this feature were added to the game as a toggle then we could post and share meaningful videos to the devs and community. Imo this would really help diagnose issues and provide proof that what we’re saying is happening.

As is, I’d have to film my hands with a second phone to make a vid of what I’m doing that doesn’t look like I’m just missing blocks or standing there taking a punch.
  • mortenhymortenhy Member Posts: 492 ★★
    Jestuh said:

@Kabam Miike I didn’t see a place to put feedback for the input beta so here are my notes. This is after testing it every day since the public beta went live and playing in eq and sq on heroic through legendary difficulty.

I’m using the most updated iOS on an iPhone SE 2020

Note that updating to the most recent patch has really hurt my blocking/parry/dex success rate. I had to check and make sure it was still enabled (it was). But it’s much worse for me after the most recent game patch.

-S3 timing off, it won’t always fire when I push the button. Sometimes I’ll stand there just spam blocking.
    -Time after special still off, countering after specials is inconsistent. Sometimes I’ll pull it off, sometimes I get blocked or light punched out of a dash when my timing feels the same or when their animation is still finishing.
    -lots of dropped frames and lag
    -Some dexing and blocking mistimings
    -Specials and heavies covering too much distance or covering an inconsistent distance
    -getting stuck blocking sometimes where it won’t let me reparry or dex out of a blocked hit.
    -Block getting stuck during specials like spidey s1, so I get stuck blocking the entire thing and can’t block part and then dex the rest. I can even take my fingers off the screen and I’ll keep blocking.
    -Successful perfectly timed block on nimrod is giving armor but not activating parry stun
    -Timing before and after specials is off, chaining specials before I can block or move or chaining into special while still recoiling from hits
    -Delay in block to dex transition and vice versa, and it’s an inconsistent delay
    -Delay initiating specials after some attacks/combos
    -Opponent reaction time when standing back up in a corner feels inconsistent and off (they’re throwing specials while the animation is still getting up, so there’s a period where I can’t hit them but they can throw specials while appearing on the ground or starting to stand up)
    -Still getting occasional frame rate issue that allows me to block or interrupt their combo
    -the window I have to parry stun seems shorter when they’re cornered regardless of spacing.

I found your thread via a link in another thread, and I just posted the same answer.. I was very pleased with the new input system beta before the update.
  • mortenhymortenhy Member Posts: 492 ★★
    Jestuh said:

I just wanted to add a request here for the devs that would help everyone diagnose these issues and share them.

iPhone users have no way to record a video on screen that shows your taps and inputs. I know some android users have this.

If this feature were added to the game as a toggle then we could post and share meaningful videos to the devs and community. Imo this would really help diagnose issues and provide proof that what we’re saying is happening.

As is, I’d have to film my hands with a second phone to make a vid of what I’m doing that doesn’t look like I’m just missing blocks or standing there taking a punch.

Most Android users can do this. It takes like 10 seconds to activate...then you can see the input on screen while recording.