**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ map 6 Changes - Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    So @DNA3000 , will something change?
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    2.1 lane on day 5 is a kick in the nuts.

I used Diablo a few times and after the 30-second timer of the poison, where he takes no poison damage, he just dies. It makes zero sense.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

So @DNA3000 , will something change?

Strictly speaking, all I should say is I have passed feedback along and the devs are looking at it. It is not my place to say what plans they have to address those concerns.

If you ask me for my opinion as just a dude that plays the game, I think they understand that some changes need to be made. However, if they decide otherwise, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of my actions.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • Options
    Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    What everyone has to realize:
    When the weekly compensation ends and you have to buy healpots and revives with your glory you'll get more resources overall when you run a week of map 5 with epic modes (and one master) than you'll get with full map6 with master modes, If you only have to use 2 or 3 level 4 healpots.

Map7 and Map8 if you are not going through all itemless and playing top 50 at all is just senseless.
    Everyone can do the math for it but everyone falls for the illusion.
  • Options
    NeinoIIINeinoIII Posts: 63
    Should be interesting to see this post blow up further with compensation ending. I use more items on the new map 6 than I ever did with the old one.
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Kpatrix said:

We are moving to map 7 and 8, no use dealing with map 6 headaches for less rewards when the other maps aren’t that bad.

Sucks that we now have to use resources for AQ because kabam made map 6 much harder especially for alliances moving up from lower maps.

Agree. I think that alliances\players that run map4 or 5 will never get to map7/8. Once they’ll experience map6 it will discourage them to try and move up to map7 because common sense (for most players but not for kabam) is that higher map has higher difficulty.

Just sad to start another week of this awful map.
    Can’t wait for AW season to be over and take a break from alliance mode or at least alliances that run map6
  • Options
    KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    Carmel1 said:

Kpatrix said:

We are moving to map 7 and 8, no use dealing with map 6 headaches for less rewards when the other maps aren’t that bad.

Sucks that we now have to use resources for AQ because kabam made map 6 much harder especially for alliances moving up from lower maps.

Agree. I think that alliances\players that run map4 or 5 will never get to map7/8. Once they’ll experience map6 it will discourage them to try and move up to map7 because common sense (for most players but not for kabam) is that higher map has higher difficulty.

Just sad to start another week of this awful map.
    Can’t wait for AW season to be over and take a break from alliance mode or at least alliances that run map6
    I’ve played this game around 6 years and while Kabam had made some horrific mess ups in that time I’ve always been reassured that they will at least address and attempt to make it better.
    Today this thread is now 2 weeks on without even a cough from someone at Kabam.

Either they have just given up caring about making the game fun or something bigger is going on at Kabam HQ that is preventing them from replying.

I suspect they think they’ve left it too long now to reply that any kind of reply they make would be awkward or would feel like they’ve been forced into it. The reality is we don’t care we just want some answers and acknowledgement.

• Options
    It's also very funny that the 3rd round after the update comes with Maw-mini again.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    554 alliance with heroic mods - 225mil, rank around 3800, 4150 glory.

666 alliance with heroic and 1-2 master - 440mil, rank 750-850, and 4600-4700 glory.

I know you get more than just glory with map 6/7 crystals and rank rewards, but if you’re using literally any glory on items, you’ve busted the whole economy.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    It's RNG. It removes the previous selection and chooses from the remaining ones. Which means there can be periods where one doesn't show.
  • Options
    Pretty cool that this is closing in on 300 without so much as an acknowledgement.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★

This is pure BS! I used to run map 6 with 5* easy. On epic mods. We dropped down to normal mods and 5* turned to trash now. They aren't strong enough.

I have to bring two R2 6* which don't counter well the champs on my lane, but whoopdedoo they are the right class -_-

Not to mention two of my assigned lanes have Protection on them. I gotta keep parry heavying and the game is borderline unplayable. Parry doesn't register. AI dashes forward in a fashion you can lever dash back fast enough. Just loads of input failure. The game IS NOT FIXED and we have to deal with this dumpster fire of a map. I must tell my alliance I cannot do map 6 all week coz even with the compensation my item usage will not be sustainable for me.

Kbm doesnt realise what that does to players and to alliances. Suddenly Im not good enough. Suddenly my alliance has to deal with others on the same boat as me. It's as if we'd been forced to do map 7 , which in fact Im told it's easier than this trash map 6, but the thing is my alli doesnt have the availability to do map 7!

Map 6 used to be more than fine for us in levels of difficulty. This is way too overpowered now.

Yes, the lane reductions are great. But instead of previously I hopped on to AQ and did my thing three, four times per day without blinking, now it makes me feel out of place in my alliance, and makes me want to quit the game. I'm hating this.

Only thing to do is talk to your alliance and drop down to 5. Our alliance did.

Unfortunately its a suck it up and move on. I give Kabam about 3 months before they do anything about it.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    We do map 6. I’ve spent most of the last year dealing with parry/dex issues. These are better now, although still pockets of random behaviour. So actual gameplay is easier for me currently.

My Alliance doesn’t communicate on who does what path, but we do have a quick check of whose chosen what lane already and change attackers accordingly.

Map 6 does feel a bit more annoying, but I’ll be honest, I quite like it. Trying to be objective, we don’t need 10 people to complete it, so a positive. A different node set takes away some of the repetitiveness, although that will only last another month. I believe if 10 people are taking part the overall number of fights everyone needs to take is less, so overall time completing AQ should be less. Main issue is the damage reductions on classes. Might be better to revert it so 4 out 6 classes do 100% damage instead of 2 out 6. The glory store’s had a pretty significant buff recently, so the rewards from AQ are worth more now. Just for balance, I don’t think anyone in my alliance is all that fussed about the change, but appreciate the majority of people posting in this thread have a different view.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

We do map 6. I’ve spent most of the last year dealing with parry/dex issues. These are better now, although still pockets of random behaviour. So actual gameplay is easier for me currently.

My Alliance doesn’t communicate on who does what path, but we do have a quick check of whose chosen what lane already and change attackers accordingly.

Map 6 does feel a bit more annoying, but I’ll be honest, I quite like it. Trying to be objective, we don’t need 10 people to complete it, so a positive. A different node set takes away some of the repetitiveness, although that will only last another month. I believe if 10 people are taking part the overall number of fights everyone needs to take is less, so overall time completing AQ should be less. Main issue is the damage reductions on classes. Might be better to revert it so 4 out 6 classes do 100% damage instead of 2 out 6. The glory store’s had a pretty significant buff recently, so the rewards from AQ are worth more now. Just for balance, I don’t think anyone in my alliance is all that fussed about the change, but appreciate the majority of people posting in this thread have a different view.

You’ve said some things that are unquestionably false. They removed the equivalent of one fight and one (1.3 exactly) empty node per person.

If you have to take any fight with reduced attack, you’re already giving all that time back. Plus these champs have way larger hp pools anyway. And that’s before you even get to how slow you have to play the power snack fights to avoid getting wrecked by sp3 or block damage.

Plus, some of these counters are tough anyway. I’ve got 70-80 champs at 5/65 or better. I’m running 6r2 hood, 6r3 KP and 5r5 G99. Kingpin does well on the path, but there’s a modok. You wanna heavy him? Power snack. The other map had Storm PX. You glance a power drain and you eat a sp2 or sp3 and it’s over.

The Venn diagram of who Kabam says they’re targeting for this map and who it’s actually appropriate for…it’s just two separate circles. It’s the same issue with variant 8. The pool of helpful and relevant champs for any one particular lane is narrow enough to be obnoxious. It means that whenever there’s turnover (and there will be lots when we stop getting compensation) you’ll oftenhave to shuffle lanes instead of being able to insert Player B where Player A used to go.
  • Options
    I had some time in the morning and did some math. If you are Interested I can translate the chart and post it here.
    It shows the difference of glory you get between different maps. We are playing 86666 with HMMEE and end around 519M.
    When the weekly compensation ends and we need to buy potions from the glorystore to solve map8 the amount of level 4 potions shouldn't be more than 4 for a whole week of AQ. If you need more than 4 potions you would get more A2, T5B, T4B, T4C and Gold and all by just playing 66655.

It's terrific. I end complaining about map6 from now on. Because the changes not only are bs, map6 (and 7 and 8) are ways to cheat on players.

You get the feeling that you earn more because of higher points and ranks and so on. But it's an illusion.
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 545 ★★★
    hoping some changes are announced soon, map 5 seems too easy but map 6 is time-consuming
  • Options
    ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
    I keep getting notifications there's a new message on this chat then when I click on it it says discussion not found. I'm assuming recent comments are being deleted. This issue is not just going to go away unless Kabam just steps in and says that's it we're not changing it deal with it or we're changing it. Lack of response will keep this thread or future threads go on forever.
  • Options
    KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    I’d honestly settle for anything now our alliance have been following this thread for all of the 16 days hoping and expecting kabam would intervene and help. Sadly I think despite all the help and suggestions being offered that the “go away and deal with it” is the hill Kabam are choosing to climb.

My suspicion is they are knee deep in input issues and dealing with battleground cheats that fixing AQ would be a bridge too far. That said Kabam - and we know you are reading these posts - the code for the old map 6 must still exist so if it’s a case of just reverting back to the old map please just consider doing it until you can spend time redoing the map 6 changes that change to keep it fresh without adding to the difficulty.

I know they likely don’t care about players quitting the game or telling them they’re quitting but the last 16 days this thread has gone on without acknowledgement has been such a kick in the teeth that I’ve found it near impossible to enjoy playing.