**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

EoP rewards are hot garbage

13»

Comments

• Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

This is what happens in class war fare. Paragons become the elite snobs and look down on the throne breakers. Even though they were throne breakers last week LOL

Thronebreakers are in a class war with Paragons in the same way the people third in line at Target are in a class war with the people at the front of the line.
    Is the person first in line paying with a check?!
  • Options
    The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★

The_Chump said:

I am Paragon and about to have my 4th and 5th rank 4.

These rewards are fine.. for 2021 Meta.

These are worse than SoP for TBs and have not been adjusted for the changing in ease of getting certain materials for Paragon at this point.

I’m not trying to get a “gotcha” moment here, just interested about what you think.

SoP was 9 weekly fights, then 6 paths of 3 fights, so 18 more fights, 6 of which were the grandmaster.

EoP is 4 weekly fights, then 4 more fights.

Assuming they’re the same relative difficulty for TBs now compared to Paragon now, don’t you think that explains the difference in rewards? 27 fights vs 8 fights?
    Nice try but If I remember correctly, the 6 paths of 3 fights were not part of the milestone rewards, but had there own set of rewards. Whereas the gauntlet, or 1 path of 4 fights is now part of tbe milestones.

So that makes it 9 fights vs 8 fights. Now, lets add in the fact that there are gonna be objectives that will probably make you fight the week 5 gauntlet multiple times (but to be easy on Kabam, we'll just assume you'll have to go through it only twice).
    Now it's 12 fights vs 8 fights.

These rewards are nowhere near as good as last year's SOP milestones and depending on week 5 and its objectives may be much more costly.

SOP's rewards were so good and fit the meta at that time. These rewards are nowhere near as appealing.
    Ooh that’s a fair point, I’d forgotten that!

Not sure why you said nice try, but yeah, great point. That changes my mind on it a fair bit!

I guess the question now is, how do you compare the rewards 1:1. Compare the top rewards of each one since that’s what the highest progression can get? Or compare what a TB can get last time compared to this time?

Assuming the “worse” comparison, as in, lower rewards this time compared to the top last time. Let’s take TB highest this time compared to last.

6* nexus same
    T5CC 50% —> 125%
    Sig stones 75 —> 20
    T6B 17500 —> 42750
    T3A 6750 —> 22500

I’d say it’s a relative slight improvement in all but the sig stones. The sig stones is a massive bummer, going from 75 to 20, when stones haven’t changed value at all.

T5CC is pretty abundant, so it doesn’t feel like that much of an increase.

T6B increasing by a factor of 2.4 and T3A increasing by 3.33 is ok, but I feel a lot of that increase is lost in the time since SoP. If this were released 6 months ago, amazing! Now? It’s not quite underwhelming, but it’s… whelming?

I think the thing is, we have SoP and those rewards were mind blowingly good, or at least really exciting. And now, proportionately, these EoP rewards are, yeah? Pretty good? But not anything to get incredibly excited about.

When you compare it to paragon, it’s kind of a different story, but since there are so few paragons compared to how many TBs there were it’s not exactly the same as SoP.

Paragon sees a 3.3 increase of T6B, and a 6.7 increase of T3A. That’s clearly a much more noticeable shift. Though the sig stones still take a hit, only going up to 30.

Hopefully, this is just the first round and after this one they bump up. But your post has definitely changed my outlook on the rewards. I thought they were decent, but not mind blowing before. Now I think they’re eh. If they didn’t get me within two Carina LoL challenges of paragon I don’t think I’d be as hyped about them.
    Honestly, not sure why i went with nice try. Seemed catchy, i guess, but rereading it just sounds rude. Apologies.

Get ready to further change your mind though. Your comparison, below, is a bit off. We were actually given 200% T5CC last time. Enough t5cc for the highest title to take 2 6*s to what was currently the highest rank attainable. Paragons, the highest title now, get only a third of the rank up mats to take up the current highest rank attainable. Wouldnt expect to be able to take 2 up but maybe 1 or at least two thirds of 1.

6* nexus same
    T5CC 50% —> 125%(should beT5CC 200%—>125%)
    Sig stones 75 —> 20
    T6B 17500 —> 42750
    T3A 6750 —> 22500

• Options

• Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    30 sig stones at peak rewards is a joke and a slap in the face. Literally the only resources that Paragon players are looking for is sig stones and r4 material. 30 sigs does absolutely nothing to improve our sig hungry champs.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

This is what happens in class war fare. Paragons become the elite snobs and look down on the throne breakers. Even though they were throne breakers last week LOL

Thronebreakers are in a class war with Paragons in the same way the people third in line at Target are in a class war with the people at the front of the line.
    Walmart on the other hand....you’re risking your life.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

The_Chump said:

These are worse than SoP for TBs and have not been adjusted for the changing in ease of getting certain materials for Paragon at this point.

I’m not trying to get a “gotcha” moment here, just interested about what you think.

SoP was 9 weekly fights, then 6 paths of 3 fights, so 18 more fights, 6 of which were the grandmaster.

Assuming they’re the same relative difficulty for TBs now compared to Paragon now, don’t you think that explains the difference in rewards? 27 fights vs 8 fights?
    Nice try but If I remember correctly, the 6 paths of 3 fights were not part of the milestone rewards, but had there own set of rewards. Whereas the gauntlet, or 1 path of 4 fights is now part of tbe milestones.

So that makes it 9 fights vs 8 fights. Now, lets add in the fact that there are gonna be objectives that will probably make you fight the week 5 gauntlet multiple times (but to be easy on Kabam, we'll just assume you'll have to go through it only twice).

These rewards are nowhere near as good as last year's SOP milestones and depending on week 5 and its objectives may be much more costly.

SOP's rewards were so good and fit the meta at that time. These rewards are nowhere near as appealing.

Not sure why you said nice try, but yeah, great point. That changes my mind on it a fair bit!

I guess the question now is, how do you compare the rewards 1:1. Compare the top rewards of each one since that’s what the highest progression can get? Or compare what a TB can get last time compared to this time?

Assuming the “worse” comparison, as in, lower rewards this time compared to the top last time. Let’s take TB highest this time compared to last.

6* nexus same
    T5CC 50% —> 125%
    Sig stones 75 —> 20
    T6B 17500 —> 42750
    T3A 6750 —> 22500

I’d say it’s a relative slight improvement in all but the sig stones. The sig stones is a massive bummer, going from 75 to 20, when stones haven’t changed value at all.

T6B increasing by a factor of 2.4 and T3A increasing by 3.33 is ok, but I feel a lot of that increase is lost in the time since SoP. If this were released 6 months ago, amazing! Now? It’s not quite underwhelming, but it’s… whelming?

I think the thing is, we have SoP and those rewards were mind blowingly good, or at least really exciting. And now, proportionately, these EoP rewards are, yeah? Pretty good? But not anything to get incredibly excited about.

When you compare it to paragon, it’s kind of a different story, but since there are so few paragons compared to how many TBs there were it’s not exactly the same as SoP.

Paragon sees a 3.3 increase of T6B, and a 6.7 increase of T3A. That’s clearly a much more noticeable shift. Though the sig stones still take a hit, only going up to 30.

Hopefully, this is just the first round and after this one they bump up. But your post has definitely changed my outlook on the rewards. I thought they were decent, but not mind blowing before. Now I think they’re eh. If they didn’t get me within two Carina LoL challenges of paragon I don’t think I’d be as hyped about them.
    Honestly, not sure why i went with nice try. Seemed catchy, i guess, but rereading it just sounds rude. Apologies.

Get ready to further change your mind though. Your comparison, below, is a bit off. We were actually given 200% T5CC last time. Enough t5cc for the highest title to take 2 6*s to what was currently the highest rank attainable. Paragons, the highest title now, get only a third of the rank up mats to take up the current highest rank attainable. Wouldnt expect to be able to take 2 up but maybe 1 or at least two thirds of 1.

6* nexus same
    Sig stones 75 —> 20
    T6B 17500 —> 42750
    T3A 6750 —> 22500

That highest title was basically a year old at that point though. This one will be a couple of months old. As much as you want to justify the rewards not being enough bc of last year, it makes even more sense that they didn't roll out the red carpet to a title weeks old.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I’d complain that I won’t get paragon after this, but I’ve hardly touched Carinas challenges so I suppose it’s fair 😂
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Rewards for EoP seem just fine. EoP is running 3 full cycles in in 2022. Even compared to SoP they are better in my opinion. We will get more R4 materials and more sigs than we did in 2021 SoP and the effort to take down a boss a single or couple times for the objectives aren't crazy. We are talking about end-game rewards for taking down a single fight that has no item limits to it... Get the solo, great! Need to revive once, no problem. Don't have the champ, etc, farm and item thru it & carry on to the next.

I'm happy that this will give some extra fun to do all year with some meaningful rewards to go along with it. 🤘🏼
  • Options
    edited May 2022

The_Chump said:

The_Chump said:

6* nexus same
    T5CC 50% —> 125%
    Sig stones 75 —> 20
    T6B 17500 —> 42750
    T3A 6750 —> 22500

6* nexus same
    Sig stones 75 —> 20
    T6B 17500 —> 42750
    T3A 6750 —> 22500

That highest title was basically a year old at that point though. This one will be a couple of months old. As much as you want to justify the rewards not being enough bc of last year, it makes even more sense that they didn't roll out the red carpet to a title weeks old.
    Would be a fair point, but if they're gonna treat thronebreaker like cavalier was last year and Cavs like uncollected, it would make sense to treat Paragon like TB was treated last year.

So if "they didnt wanna roll out the red carpet for a title weeks old", they shoulda just lumped Paragon and TB together for this one and let cav have at it as well.

At this point all they did was make it suck for TB and cav and basically give Paragon what they would have gotten anyway if the new title didnt exist.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

I don’t agree with the way you tallied this for a few reasons. First, the finale had a separate scoring and reward structure from SOP weeks 1-9 last year. Second, we have no idea what the objectives will be on the finale, so we can’t judge how many fights are required. Will there be a way to get 3-4 points for one clear? Or will 4 points require 3 clears? Third, for TB players who had objectives last year, you could get 2-3 points at once (also true this year…thanks, Sentinel).
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    TyEdge said:

I don’t agree with the way you tallied this for a few reasons. First, the finale had a separate scoring and reward structure from SOP weeks 1-9 last year. Second, we have no idea what the objectives will be on the finale, so we can’t judge how many fights are required. Will there be a way to get 3-4 points for one clear? Or will 4 points require 3 clears? Third, for TB players who had objectives last year, you could get 2-3 points at once (also true this year…thanks, Sentinel).
    @The_Chump mentioned that same point here
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2092009#Comment_2092009

And I responded here
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2092018#Comment_2092018

Unfortunately we can’t edit comments otherwise I’d correct the record!
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

I’d say it’s impossible to accurately say how many fights EoP will require right now without having seen the objectives, and in general it’s hard to say even for SoP how many it took because everybody approached it according to their own roster.

For example, some Paragon players came at this Crossbones with Dormammu and got all four points in one run. I ran it once with Dragon Man and once with Sentinel, so it took me two runs. It’s gonna vary from player to player, but we can say like minimum runs or average runs to try to get a fair comparison point.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I can sum up the bad rewards in two ways. Main thing is the lack of sig stones. We all need it to stay competitive or increase our champs power and 30 sigs is just an unnecessary stranglehold on a rare resource. It should be 75-100 sigs minimum.

#2 they need to reward us as we go. Waiting until the end to get all the rewards over a month or two month period is just less exciting overall. If I got a quarter of those rewards I would have another new r4 now. So I wish rewards we're divided better with shards or something and then the r4 material could be grand finale. Just giving my thoughts.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

I can sum up the bad rewards in two ways. Main thing is the lack of sig stones. We all need it to stay competitive or increase our champs power and 30 sigs is just an unnecessary stranglehold on a rare resource. It should be 75-100 sigs minimum.

#2 they need to reward us as we go. Waiting until the end to get all the rewards over a month or two month period is just less exciting overall. If I got a quarter of those rewards I would have another new r4 now. So I wish rewards we're divided better with shards or something and then the r4 material could be grand finale. Just giving my thoughts.

Definitely agree that there should be more sig stones in there. My original thought was 50 generics and 25 crystals, but I’d be happy to run with yours.

That’s a good idea about breaking up rewards into a lump sum at the end and a collect as you go category. Sig stones and high end rank up materials at the end for a player to empower their top end champs, shards and lower level rank up materials along the way to broaden out a roster. It won’t help anybody get Paragon along the way, so it doesn’t detract from the main event, but it still gives something for your efforts each week.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★
    The way I look at it is this: at the beggining of the year I had 1 R4. By the end of the year I will have at least 6, maybe 7 R4s. And $0 spent on t6b/t3a.
    So, for 10-15minutes of "work" per week, the amount of rewards is perfectly fine for me.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Crys23 said:

The way I look at it is this: at the beggining of the year I had 1 R4. By the end of the year I will have at least 6, maybe 7 R4s. And $0 spent on t6b/t3a.
    So, for 10-15minutes of "work" per week, the amount of rewards is perfectly fine for me.

If you've got 6/7 rank 4s at the end of the year eternity of pain wouldn't even be fully responsible for 1 of them. I'm not sure what point this is trying to put across
  • Options

Crys23 said:

If you've got 6/7 rank 4s at the end of the year eternity of pain wouldn't even be fully responsible for 1 of them. I'm not sure what point this is trying to put across
    Then you're bad at math. EoP will run 4 times during the year. Thats 4 t6b and 4 t3a. So EoP will absolutely be responsible for at least 1 R4. And maybe next rounds will have slightly increased rewards. The ammount of effort/resources/time for EoP is very little, so the rewards are more than adequate.
    First round will get me my 4th (I'm 1 catalyst away now). The other 3 rounds will get me my 5th. July 4th + Cyber weekend unit deals will get me my 6th.
    I'm also in top20 of AQ and AW. Side quests solo objectives.
    I mean, R4 materials are in a lot of places and it all ads up. You just want it all right now and just from one place.
  • Options
    Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

Then you're bad at math. EoP will run 4 times during the year. Thats 4 t6b and 4 t3a. So EoP will absolutely be responsible for at least 1 R4. And maybe next rounds will have slightly increased rewards.
    Love how the first thing you jump to is. YoUrE bAd At MaTh

If you state you have 1 r4 at the beginning of the year then the impression you give is you're thronebreaker not a paragon who would be starting with 3.

They can only earn half catalyst per iterations which totals to 2 catalyst after a year. That's where the "wouldn't be responsible for 1" comes from.

And I'm not going to include next round having slightly increased rewards because it's not been stated by anyone and neither of us have a crystal ball.

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

I mean, R4 materials are in a lot of places and it all ads up. You just want it all right now and just from one place.
    "You just want it all right now and just from one place"

I'm glad you got all that insight from me asking the point you were trying to get across.

Before you make more assumptions, I don't have a problem with r4 materials being spread across content nor do I have a problem with the rewards being spread out across 4 iterations.

I find the individual rewards of each iteration bad which is why I consider them cumulatively bad. I'm not going to assume they get buffed upon return because there's no official statement.

I'm also not going to use other content having more r4 materials available as an excuse for EOP being relatively less rewarding.
  • Options

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

Then you're bad at math. EoP will run 4 times during the year. Thats 4 t6b and 4 t3a. So EoP will absolutely be responsible for at least 1 R4. And maybe next rounds will have slightly increased rewards.

If you state you have 1 r4 at the beginning of the year then the impression you give is you're thronebreaker not a paragon who would be starting with 3.

They can only earn half catalyst per iterations which totals to 2 catalyst after a year. That's where the "wouldn't be responsible for 1" comes from.

And I'm not going to include next round having slightly increased rewards because it's not been stated by anyone and neither of us have a crystal ball.

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

I'm glad you got all that insight from me asking the point you were trying to get across.

Before you make more assumptions, I don't have a problem with r4 materials being spread across content nor do I have a problem with the rewards being spread out across 4 iterations.

I find the individual rewards of each iteration bad which is why I consider them cumulatively bad. I'm not going to assume they get buffed upon return because there's no official statement.

I'm also not going to use other content having more r4 materials available as an excuse for EOP being relatively less rewarding.
    Well, when you say EoP doesnt even give 1 R4, you obviously cant add 1+1+1+1.
    And what made you think I was TB? The year starts in January. We're in May now. Are you bad at reading a calendar too? We had 7.4 gem, 7.4 offer (twice), Carina vol2, AQ/AW and some solo objectives. Some people actually do the content pretty soon after it drops and they rank up their champs.
    EoP is 1 fight a week with a few objectives. 10-15 minutes of work. 5 weeks per round, means 1 hour and a half total time investment for 1 full catalyst of each. A master AW season takes up a lot more time than that for a fraction of the t6b/t3a. Same with AQ. Carina vol2 takes about 24h total time and gave 1.6 t6b/t3a.
    So, in comparison, EoP rewards are astronomical.
  • Options
    Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

And what made you think I was TB? The year starts in January. We're in May now. Are you bad at reading a calendar too? We had 7.4 gem, 7.4 offer (twice), Carina vol2, AQ/AW and some solo objectives. Some people actually do the content pretty soon after it drops and they rank up their champs.
    EoP is 1 fight a week with a few objectives. 10-15 minutes of work. 5 weeks per round, means 1 hour and a half total time investment for 1 full catalyst of each. A master AW season takes up a lot more time than that for a fraction of the t6b/t3a. Same with AQ. Carina vol2 takes about 24h total time and gave 1.6 t6b/t3a.
    I've already explained what I said. You can carry on with "yOu cAnT aDd 1+1" when we were using different assumptions.
    Rehashing the same dumb statement doesn't get your point across any better

"What made you think I was TB"

The fact that you literally state "at the beggining of the year I had 1 R4. By the end of the year I will have at least 6, maybe 7 R4s"

"The year starts in January. We're in May now. Are you bad at reading a calendar too? We had 7.4 gem, 7.4 offer (twice), Carina vol2, AQ/AW and some solo objectives. Some people actually do the content pretty soon after it drops and they rank up their champs."

You're trying excuse your vague statement by expecting anyone reading it to assume you've completed every r4 material source available as well as got the 7.4 offer (twice) and guess what tier of AQ/AW without giving any previous impression to state it.

But yes let's go the "yOu CaNt ReAd" route. Go on with the silly arguments I'm not wasting more time on it

• Options
    edited May 2022

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

I've already explained what I said. You can carry on with "yOu cAnT aDd 1+1" when we were using different assumptions.
    Rehashing the same dumb statement doesn't get your point across any better

"What made you think I was TB"

The fact that you literally state "at the beggining of the year I had 1 R4. By the end of the year I will have at least 6, maybe 7 R4s"

"The year starts in January. We're in May now. Are you bad at reading a calendar too? We had 7.4 gem, 7.4 offer (twice), Carina vol2, AQ/AW and some solo objectives. Some people actually do the content pretty soon after it drops and they rank up their champs."

You're trying excuse your vague statement by expecting anyone reading it to assume you've completed every r4 material source available as well as got the 7.4 offer (twice) and guess what tier of AQ/AW without giving any previous impression to state it.

But yes let's go the "yOu CaNt ReAd" route. Go on with the silly arguments I'm not wasting more time on it

Simple for you: EoP has the smalest time and resource investment for the rewards you get compared to all other available content in the game. I did it all so I know that for a fact.