Options

Big Changes Coming to Act 6 this June!

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I’m so glad that Kabam is following through on the promise they made in the June 2020 roadmap and then backtracked from.
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    I recently began to explore act 6, I have full explored 6.4 and 6.3 and I guess there is no needed to nerf more act 6, yea he has annoying defenders but is funny, I'm working in 6.2.6 an there are a couple figths that are really annoying, example do you bleed Emma frost or do you bleed KM, but until those figths are funny.
    I think that champion switch node is enough to make act 6 easier.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Pro player move. I have to commend Kabam for doing this finally.

I think it will be much nicer for newer players and keep the game going. Excellent job overall.

I beat act 6 pre nerf a long time ago so I wouldn't mind compensation for those of us who beat act 6 and used a ton of energy and revives to complete it.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,291 ★★★★★
    Explored it long ago.
    What's for me! nothing! Lmao

But.
    Congrats on removing class gates from 6.2.5. Every other quest was fine I guess.
    And I don't have any issues standing with the guys for whom this change is a Big W.

I have helped a lot of players in their act6 journey.
    And Id strongly suggest to change something for 6.2.2 Mr.Sinister boss.
    He is the most restrictive boss of whole act6. No counter means progression stops for a player.

Well-done overall.

Now give us extra r4 mats next sq.
    I don't care about compensation for act6 nerf.
    I rather enjoyed 6.3 and 6.4.
  • Options
    CavemanOOGCavemanOOG Posts: 23
    I'm extremely happy to see this. Act 6 is currently way harder than act 7, which doesn't make sense, and The Champion boss in particular is such a brick wall for people. I'll probably go back and explore act 6 now. Having super difficult challenging content is good, but it doesn't need to be on the primary progression path.
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 528 ★★★
    I think this is great! As someone who is halfway through exploring act 7, I may now actually consider returning to explore act 6. The reduced energy cost is very welcome, however some of the paths could still be shortened lol. At least smaller health pools and lower energy will help to alleviate the slog feeling or running those paths.
  • Options
    ChompyChompy Posts: 55
    I am more than fine with nerfing act 6. Act 7 and likely act 8, based on the 8.1 beta are both significantly easier than act 6. Game progression is dependent on story mode, and therefore I can understand content being tuned down to allow many more to access.

Only problem I see, is that we no longer have permanent difficult content similar to what story mode used to give, along with the rewards that would automatically ascend you to the next title, as act 6 did for thronebreaker.

In other words, I am ok with tuning down story mode and even tuning down the rewards alongside, but content, similar to that of act 6 difficulty and length, should exist to fill that gap alongside the act.

For example, act 7 is the only content needed to become Paragon, but this "act 7 expansion" is much more rigorous, in line with act 6, but rewards players with the mayerial needed for Paragon, like acts previous.

I dont consider Abyss, and the likes, to fill this hole. They are an entirely different content. Difficult, but also more of a money/unit and energy draining (not ingame energy lol) pit, that are obviously not similar to act 6.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I applaud this change. I explored act 6 pre pre nerf but I thought it was tuned too hard. Required too much. Good change for the newer players. I like to see changes like this even if I’ve already cleared the content because it means they are always fine tuning their game.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Corvus buff lol
  • Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 164 ★★

@Kabam Miike I have one question. How is it going to affect the choice node to carina's challenges?

I only have 4 carina challenges left in total, taking down the 6.2.6 champion with KK is one of them. How will this impact the challenge? Anymore info you can provide would be much appreciated!
    What I was trying to say is that if you bring other champion to do the path and change it when you get to the choice node and then complete the quest. Would it also count?
  • Options
    Hamza_hxHamza_hx Posts: 8
    What about those who already did act 6 100% before? We deserve compensation because i know how tough it was to do act 6 100% just for that 6* awakening gem. Sigh
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Wow. I hope next year he gets an other nerf and basically becomes a regular The Champion with 200% health. By the time people will only have R3's to deal with it.
  • Options
    KiwerKiwer Posts: 2
    Well that sucks, what about us people who did act6 already? They should go through the same thing, it wasn’t easy! You should fix your game first ! Ban all the cheaters in battlegrounds! 💁‍♂️
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    In case kabam didn’t consider this: make sure you code it where somebody can’t use one champ for most of a quest, swap right before boss and complete one of the “use only this champ” carina challenges
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Honestly, pretty disappointing. Not that it impacts me at all since I 100% act 6 before the first time they nerfed it into the ground.
  • Options
    TrapKill66TrapKill66 Posts: 96
    I defeated Tryco about a week ago for the first time. It was very challenging, took several repeated attempts. Main issue was learning the fight mechanics while fighting; he's fast and brutal. The immense feeling of achievement that washed over me (and I'm aware this is not the pre-nerf 5 charge Tryco) was better than any in-game rewards. I had to watch a few vids, read a few sites, try a few times, and switch up my main team. I had to engage with the game in a different way, fight differently, pay close attention. It wasn't that hard when I finally figured out the fight and used the right champion. I have a 6 star Symbiote Supreme.

I guess what I mean is, this was the first time the game really stopped me, and re-engaged me. And this 're-nerf' seems unnecessary.
    I did spend just under a thousand units learning the fight, but units in; units out.
    I will likely require some form of compensation in order to feel good about this re-nerf

I feel most of the forum whining about Tryco is because one cannot simply tap-mash through the fight. You have to try, to think about it.
    The other act 6 changes seem appropriate and like an improvement to the game in terms of accessibility.
    Nerfing Tryco further seems detrimental based on some of what I have outlined above. He's not easy, but not that hard and there are quite a few different champs that can deal with the last ten percent.

-TrapKill :)