**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

December Calendar, disappointment...

MasterTroller42MasterTroller42 Posts: 624 ★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
2208x1242.jpeg.d9576fba0a404d7bb658f7c654b9d141
thoughts?

December Calendar, disappointment... 237 votes

I like it
3%
Gimli_SoGAlfa_PigeonAxeCopFireUC439ThecurlerNexus_UY_ScutiDarkness82issamaf80 8 votes
I hate it
30%
Jh_DezRagamugginGunnerUKnowULuvItRB6942CableGolden_GuardianCarmel1SuperChronaMaverickAjavedHarcourtmazeJarekNDK13Jank39StefanjonesDK1825bradshaw1984GandehFallencircusGambl0r 72 votes
meh free stuff
29%
NevvBVavasourTitan_A97BitterSteelDrOctavius2_2bhuv9191TheGumbaRaganatorMasutaSodomum_m2Deadbyrd9HyperduckzSaiyanRapguardianbelikovChris_L_HStark7989AfridJadedJ_Patt 71 votes
im ok with it, but maybe there will be a Christmas calendar?
36%
Madman_marvinRotmgmoddyKpatrixWhododo872danielmaththetaman23cradlemanBigMoDHCVoLtCYNDRDBODYSnizzbarLeNoirFaineantSwe_wolfisA_Noob_Is1NinjAlanSlux83SpinoSmokinSurferFrostyBK_AVENGER 86 votes

Comments

• Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 214 ★★
    I hate it
    ^Good. Maybe they'll get the picture and give us a special xmas calendar
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    edited December 2017
    Im thinking special xmas calender awaits us. Hopefully
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    @eXtripa69 but mine is a poll. And I have an image of how this months calendar looks like. there is a difference

Is not different. Is the same thing.
    December calendar.
  • BPGBPG Posts: 1
    I hate it
    This calendar is as bad as the Cyber Monday deals. Kabam is to F'ing greedy
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    meh free stuff
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    @eXtripa69 but mine is a poll. And I have an image of how this months calendar looks like. there is a difference

Is not different. Is the same thing.
    December calendar.

You should totally put them in forum jail...you know, those bars around their profile pic? Oh wait, you're not actually a mod.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I'm ok with this cause 1. It just confirmed another gifting event. And 2 anniversary/Christmas specail calender is bound to happen and be great.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    meh free stuff
    I'm ok with this cause 1. It just confirmed another gifting event. And 2 anniversary/Christmas specail calender is bound to happen and be great.

I agree...but my guess is the same people will complain about those calendars as well.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    It doesn't confirm anything at all. Is just a crystal that was already implemented in the game
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Most likely @Raganator

Great community isn't it lol
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    I hate it
    Bunch of cry babies!

You used to log in before calendars were a thing, and now whinge about receiving a free item for logging in... which you would DO ANYWAY!

Grow up the lot of you!!

Games have to progress at a certain rate and developers must be willing to distribute resources to player.

Either Kabam gives us the opportunity to grind resources for ourselves or they give them to us as gifts (ie. monthly logins). Either way, many players feel that their progression has stagnated and want more.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    I hate it
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

And you're combating the spam by spamming the same message in all of them, so well done.

Are you also the guy who hits reply all to tell people to stop replying all?
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    I hate it
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I feel like everyone who hates free stuff shouldn’t receive the free stuff

Nothing is ever free in this game. Resources are precisely calculated and measured before being given out as prizes or potential prizes.

Monthly login isn't "free stuff", getting them means we're having stuff taken out from the back end or they're being given as some sort of compensation to balance out for not having enough rewards in other areas of the game.
  • I hate it
    Maybe we will get a Hannukah calendar. I don’t think it is fair to blast people as cry babies, whining about free stuff. Others have rightly said that kabam is very scrounge like with the resources to advance. And with 6* it gets even more resource intensive. I would much prefer to have a realistic grind path for resources, but for many items we need charity. If kabam just set a 2,000,000 mark on the class arena for t4 class cats or a decent amount of shards and a 2,000,000 mark in alpha arena for t2 alphas they could just ditch the calender And the majority would be happy and progressing.
  • Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Either Kabam gives us the opportunity to grind resources for ourselves or they give them to us as gifts (ie. monthly logins). Either way, many players feel that their progression has stagnated and want more.

Every game has many players that feel their progression has stagnated and want more. All that proves is the game still exists.
  • Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I feel like everyone who hates free stuff shouldn’t receive the free stuff

Nothing is ever free in this game. Resources are precisely calculated and measured before being given out as prizes or potential prizes.

Monthly login isn't "free stuff", getting them means we're having stuff taken out from the back end or they're being given as some sort of compensation to balance out for not having enough rewards in other areas of the game.

That's not generally why games give out free stuff. Free stuff has several reasons for existing in a game's reward system, and neither of those are high on the list. Generally they aren't on the design list at all.

Generally, its to alter the shape of the resource earning curve. This is complicated to explain without a lot of math, so here's an oversimplified version of how this works. Imagine there's a certain constrained resource X, and low level players can earn one a month and high level players can earn ten a month. That means high level players can earn that resource ten times faster than low level players. That gap might be too high. But if you make it harder to earn you might just make it harder for everyone to earn, and the low level players might get even slower.

Suppose we decided to just give two a month away for free. Now the low level players are getting three a month and the high level players are getting twelve. The high level players are now earning four times as much as the low level players instead of ten. The high level players are still earning five more a month than the low level players, but the proportional speed gap is lower.

Basically, free stuff is usually a way to reduce the gap between the top and the bottom without slowing down the top to push them closer to the bottom. There are other reasons for introducing "free stuff" into a reward system, but variations of this reason is the most common reason.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    meh free stuff
    every month is the same

meh stuff
    haters who want 50000000000 shards for free every day
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Like the Halloween calendar, I am QUITE sure that there will be a Christmas calendar. For all you know, they could give a ton of cool stuff like T4cc crystals, T1a (subjective to opinion), T4B and maybe even T2a.

If there's no Christmas calendar, which I doubt there won't be, then yea this month's calendar isn't really that good.
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    meh free stuff
    If you don't want free stuff, then I'll take all your rewards from your calendar.
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    Pretty happy with the calendar especially after the Black Friday n cyber Monday promotions.

Good job kabam ready for 2018.
  • I'm just saying i people complain about calendars everytime they release a new one what do you guys get out of repeating the same thing and getting the same answers? (Serious question)