**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

With the finalization of BG, how far are we from getting Mastery 2.0?

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

The main problem with masteries switching isn't the time it takes to switch, but rather the units spent on it.

The changes are likely just gonna make it easier or quicker, but not cheaper. This isn't addressing any issue, this isn't a "pro-player move" at all.
    Not to mention that if you add more masteries, which will likely happen, can make it more frustrating to decide what masteries do we really want to have, and if they are viable to have all the time rather than other's.

I'll wait till the announcement comes to see how it will turn on. But overall, this all just seems like a scheme to add more masteries, incentivize more switching, spend units, spend money, profit. Which is typical, but a shame.

I understand your feelings but if we had presets masteries that is a pro player move and a lot of people like myself would be very happy about it. Althouhg it hasn't happened in two years and we don't have a timeline on when it will happen so its all theory at this point.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    How about just leave them how they are …and who cares.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 934 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike do we know if the plan is for it be released in 2022, first half 2023, 2nd half 2023 or in 2024?
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Every other mobile game you pay to unlock things and they are yours. With all the different modes that you can benefit by switching its just silly you have to keep paying. Would be a huge pro player move one that Kabam desperately needs.

Inputs still broke, hackers everywhere, mercs in arenas. Nothing ever gets solved. I see no point to spend anymore in this game. Customers come last.

Roadmaps were just lies.

I love these complaining posts. Save yourself the time and just stop playing if things are so bad.
  • sheryfsheryf Posts: 25
    I do not expect free masteries change but you Kabam can lower the cost, just please let us Recover Single Mastery, not whole page, for e.g. do not need Mistic dispersion so let me Recover 5 points from MD and use it somewhere else, ofcourse you can't do that for Mastery in previous chain, for example you cannot remove Lesser Precision if any precision are given in Precision. I know it is not easy to code but i belive in you.

The reason is simple, why i need to pay again for the same thing? I just want to change some Highend mastery e.g. willpower/suicides/MD, why i need to pay again Precision if in previous build i spend 5 points there and again want 5 points there?
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Why was the OP banned?
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    Addyos said:

Why was the OP banned?

I’m wondering the same
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Addyos said:

Why was the OP banned?

It was on other thread, it was addressed by a mod already
  • thepiggy said:

I don't see how it's a bad thing to make mastery switches free after unlocking them and letting players experience the entire game.

Missing out on a giant chunk of the champion pool because of suicides seems like a lost opportunity for players and especially the devs.

I agree. Or take the units cost away after you've unlocked them and make it a gold cost or something. It's part of the reasons I don't do suicides. The less I have to mess with them and use units on em the better
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

The main problem with masteries switching isn't the time it takes to switch, but rather the units spent on it.

The changes are likely just gonna make it easier or quicker, but not cheaper. This isn't addressing any issue, this isn't a "pro-player move" at all.
    Not to mention that if you add more masteries, which will likely happen, can make it more frustrating to decide what masteries do we really want to have, and if they are viable to have all the time rather than other's.

I'll wait till the announcement comes to see how it will turn on. But overall, this all just seems like a scheme to add more masteries, incentivize more switching, spend units, spend money, profit. Which is typical, but a shame.

In a competitive game, people are often short-sighted about what is or isn’t a pro-player move. They’re quick to say “I want to be able to do X” without considering the consequences.

You want free mastery changes for everyone? You’ll be going against a war defense with max limber and other defensive masteries, and all the attackers will run suicides. Same thing for battlegrounds.

I think you should be able to set a solo quest load out and a competitive mode one (alliance and BG). They automatically apply within each type of content. It’s basically 3 extra tabs plus programming the game to identify which to use.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★

Hello Summoners!

We understand the Masteries rework has taken longer than anticipated but I want to reassure you that the changes are still being worked on and you will see them in the future.

With the development of Battlegrounds there’s an additional importance for Masteries as you’ll want to make changes depending on the champions you’ll want to use, however it also adds a layer of complexity to the rework.

While we do not have details on a specific timeline, the plan is to make this process much more approachable for players upon its full implementation. As more details become available to us, we will be sure to pass them onto you!

Thank you for your patience.

You can make masteries free right now. Why hasn't that happened? It will at least provide context so we don't have to continue making discussions revolving around mastery costs. That is a pro player benefit Kabam can change immediately.
    Mastery Loadouts or whatever may come is about an evolution to Masteries and how they are used/applied, but the intention was never to make Mastery Changes free.
    Think it’s still trash we have to “rebuy” masteries for no other purpose than you trying to dip into peoples pockets a little more tho lol