**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What happened to Agatha and Quicksilver!

VincisankyVincisanky Posts: 33
edited June 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
There was a summoner's choice contest for them. But now I don't see any signs of them
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    GoDlyZor said:

Quicksilver won and is coming in August

This august? really? Sweet
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

I couldn't resist. :wink:
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

There was a summoner's choice contest for them. But now I don't see any signs of them

Quicksilver will be coming out in July and unfortunately Agatha lost which means due to the rules of the summoner's choice she is ineligible to join the game until 2023 at the earliest.
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 263 ★★★
    I'm still waiting for Mystique.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver ran and Agatha fled into a different dimension.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Didn't they mention that the games technical limitation will limit what they can do with her?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Didn't they mention that the games technical limitation will limit what they can do with her?
    I know this was said a long while back, and that they've slowly given us little droplets on info saying that are getting closer and closer to being able to properly represent her in game
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

yes, they've said it would be hard to have her morphing because of the strain it'd put on the engine.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Terra said:

yes, they've said it would be hard to have her morphing because of the strain it'd put on the engine.
    I mean, if they wanted a "quick way" perhaps have her do Nightcrawlers Bamf animation and then appear as another champ perhaps? Could have it happen during specials (with a small pool of randomized champions to use special attacks effects from), with a long winded pause.
    Long specials isn't anything new
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Terra said:

I mean, if they wanted a "quick way" perhaps have her do Nightcrawlers Bamf animation and then appear as another champ perhaps? Could have it happen during specials (with a small pool of randomized champions to use special attacks effects from), with a long winded pause.
    Long specials isn't anything new
    This is total speculation, but the current animation used for transitioning from your champion to a striker might be a primitive version of the morph technology mystique will get in the future.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 755 ★★★
    I like the way you think @Axew , but remember mystique only copies the shape of the champion, not their power/strengthes/weaknesses.
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★

I like the way you think @Axew , but remember mystique only copies the shape of the champion, not their power/strengthes/weaknesses.

It will be interesting to see how they make shape shifting part of her kit without copying other champion powers. The one thing I can think of is to give her a camouflage/miss ability
  • jbxotiicjbxotiic Posts: 145
    I wish they brought back the dev diaries for quicksilver like they did for hercules last year. I found it pretty interesting seeing how they made his animations and stuff like that
    Axew said:

It will be interesting to see how they make shape shifting part of her kit without copying other champion powers. The one thing I can think of is to give her a camouflage/miss ability
    I feel like that's going to be the thing that's going to disappoint a lot of people when she finally does get released because she can't copy Powers but you can copy certain elements like hardening her skin for physical resistance or having razor claws to inflict bleed.
    The fact she can't copy powers is why I don't get people's excitement for her to be in the game, she mostly uses guns from what I've seen in the comics, so... she'd be Domino or Bishop without the luck or energy damage. Or, more like a Skill champ.
    Also: why are people saying Quicky will arrive in July when July is going to be Thor: Love and Thunder related with Valkyrie and, most likely, Gorr?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Hat tip to all the suckers who failed to realize it was really Ralph Bohner they voted for…

Dr. Zola

Also: why are people saying Quicky will arrive in July when July is going to be Thor: Love and Thunder related with Valkyrie and, most likely, Gorr?

Because somehow for many people on this thread, we are already in July LOL. They just really really want Quicksilver already

The fact she can't copy powers is why I don't get people's excitement for her to be in the game, she mostly uses guns from what I've seen in the comics, so... she'd be Domino or Bishop without the luck or energy damage. Or, more like a Skill champ.

Because people don't understand how shape-shifting works. I think they think that instead of ever having to go for another champion again, once they have Mystique, they can essentially have every Champion the game even though that's not remotely how it works.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I like how this turned into a Mystique thread. Much more interesting.

I like how this turned into a Mystique thread. Much more interesting.

The main reason it transitioned into a Mystique thread is because we've answered what happened to Agatha and Quicksilver.
  • AnaxagorAnaxagor Posts: 62
    WHAT HAPPENED TO ANT-MAN?! AT LEAST SAY THE MONTH OF HIS UPGRADE FOR GOD'S SAKE
    Anaxagor said:

WHAT HAPPENED TO ANT-MAN?! AT LEAST SAY THE MONTH OF HIS UPGRADE FOR GOD'S SAKE

What do you mean what happened to Ant-Man?

If you mean him getting a buff, well the last time he was up to get buffed, people voted for Guillotine due to an random fear of Ghost getting nerfed by proxy. Besides that nothing new so far.
  • Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    We can get any champ that did not win in the 2020 summonner's choice. We already got one in Omega Sentinel and of course we got the winner of Hercules. The other six are:
    Morbius
    Okoye
    Blue Marvel
    Dazzler
    Iron Heart
    Morgan Lefay
    I think we might get One or two of these in 2022. I think November when they will be hyping Wakanda Forever, we will get Okoye and maybe Iron heart. More likely we will get M'baku or Shuri that month. Okoye is odds on favorite. You could maybe intro Morbius in the Spiderman multiverse month of October. but not sure.
    2023 is the soonest we can get anyone from the 2021 summoner's choice that wasn't chosen. those are:
    Baron Zemo
    Spider woman
    Armor,
    Dani Moonstar
    Agatha Harkness
    Beta Ray Bill
    Crystal
    Bullseye
    HobGoblin
    Prowlder

We can get any champ that did not win in the 2020 summonner's choice. We already got one in Omega Sentinel and of course we got the winner of Hercules. The other six are:
    Morbius
    Okoye
    Blue Marvel
    Dazzler
    Iron Heart
    Morgan Lefay
    I think we might get One or two of these in 2022. I think November when they will be hyping Wakanda Forever, we will get Okoye and maybe Iron heart. More likely we will get M'baku or Shuri that month. Okoye is odds on favorite. You could maybe intro Morbius in the Spiderman multiverse month of October. but not sure.
    2023 is the soonest we can get anyone from the 2021 summoner's choice that wasn't chosen. those are:
    Baron Zemo
    Spider woman
    Armor,
    Dani Moonstar
    Agatha Harkness
    Beta Ray Bill
    Crystal
    Bullseye
    HobGoblin
    Prowlder

Correct. However I'm going to take a major guess here and say that we're going to get morbius in December only because I think October is going to be reserved for a Kabam original and we usually only get one release in December and the last two have been spider-verse characters