**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Crossbones frustration

Yes, I understand that there are dividers between skilled players and not-so-skilled. But: I’ve been Uncollected for a while, kept repeatedly attacking the 6.1.5 boss Crossbones with different solutions, watched Youtube videos etc. All for nothing. At the same time, the difference between Uncollected and higher ranks keeps growing - the difference in access to ’coloured t5cc’ alone is enormous. So, because of this one specific fight, regardless of other successes, or overall rating etc., it is soon so that Alliance Wars are filled with defenders of a rank that Uncollected cannot reach. Yes, practice, play better - but, Kabam also risks losing players from frustration over one single fight. Nobody wins. Could not e.g. ’Overall rating’ or some other criterion be an additional path to Cavalier?

Comments

• Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Obviously your “solutions” didn’t work out, what kind of strategies/solutions have you tried?
    My mini got cavalier a while ago, can’t really remember who I used but these were my top champs at the time, most likely it was LC 👇

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    Post your 5/6* roster bud
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,619 ★★★★★
    Post your roster
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    You can brute force that fight. I did it primarily with a Rank 4 Sabretooth. You go in, do damage until you die, revive and go again.
    Boost up and quit out before the next heal kicks in if necessary. <10 revives.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I dunno on this one. My first run at pre-nerf CB was interesting. I didn't have anyone bleed immune at the time - not one (crazy, right?). Then I pulled Colossus and took him to R4 (first R4 5*) and it was a bit brutal because I was a scrub. However, I had banked some revives and potions and ended up just whittling CB down by quitting out the fight before he would regen. Wasn't pretty, but it wasn't that hard or costly either - just took some prep time to farm potions and revives to the point I knew I would take him down without worrying about running out of items.

Later I went in with R4 (5*) Rogue for the Carina challenge. I was surprised how much easier CB seemed after the NERF and she isn't even poison immune, just lots of intercept, bait his SP1 to punish and use my own SP1 to stay healed up. Solo the 1st time in and only my 2nd attempt at that CB (with way more than a year between tries).

If you have a poison counter, this guy should be pretty easy now as his regen is waaaaay toned down. If you have a warlock, well, then it should be really easy. If it's still holding you back, consider the exit, revive, restart strategy after building up your stash - just to get through it. Really though, if you're needing to do that, then the content isn't going to get easier, so keep practicing. I know it sucks to get through a lane and have to quit out completely. But it's also great motivation for focusing, strategizing and getting better and you don't have to burn any items to do that 1 try - you just have to be willing to keep trying it until you get it down.
  • Options
    Bwer777Bwer777 Posts: 38
    I just beat this guy for the first time a week ago and it was giving me trouble. I ranked up my 5* Ibomb and I was able to get good damage and beat him while only spending 200 units and using 5 or so 20% revives. Im not that skilled at the game but I definitely think it’s doable with the right champs. Just gotta make sure you rank up the right guys.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

You can brute force that fight. I did it primarily with a Rank 4 Sabretooth. You go in, do damage until you die, revive and go again.
    Boost up and quit out before the next heal kicks in if necessary.

That was exactly my tactics back then too.
    My best choice was a 5* r4 Domino, which was my top champ also back then.
    Fully boosted her, died, revived and repeat, took me around 9 or 10 revs.
    Sometimes is dumb to wait for a direct counter, just brute force the fight and move on 😉
  • Options
    G99 should certainly do it. You gotta have patience and practice. What exactly is happening that's ending you? Is it the bane or him turtling?
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    Crossbones sp1 is easier to dex than his sp2..

Btw, what champions did you bring for the fights.. there are many possible champion combinations that could help.. I admit it was a while back but I was able to get it done... I need lots of revives and potions to get thru it as I'm not as consistent.. if I can do it, you can too.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    You are in an interesting place, my friend. I didn’t have a roster like that when I took down the grandmaster. But the game has changed, and the ability to clear story content is not that relevant to a persons accomplishments in the game, or their enjoyment of it. I would hazard that you’re not afraid to spend a little bit, and would advise that you spend whatever units it takes while using whatever champ is capable of doing damage to cross bones. Just exit out the moment his regen kicks in. Having cavalier will improve the value of everything in deals, for at least a little while longer, and it’s worth the investment.

It’s possible that after you take that guy down, there will be a psychological barrier that goes down that lets you figure out how to take on the rest of act six. For sure the grandmaster is just a completely different kind of animal, maybe that kind of fight will go better? You already have the R3 6* to get thronebreaker after all.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Mysterio. One option.

Did it on mini and his poison immunity and ready access to heal block work like a charm. Think I used a R3 boosted.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    This late capitalist and consumerist society has pampered and spoiled us to think that as consumers, we are always right or we can get whatever we want and if we don't, we have the right to complain that they make it so we can get what we want.

Most games that are released in the past years have tutorials or interfaces that are almost baby-ing their players that they need not to think about what to do next because it's already pointed out to them. I find it horribly boring. It breeds stupid and spoiled players (There's still a lot here in MCOC but comparably less).

This is why I find MCOC really engaging as it encourages you to strategize, reevaluate and rethink your game until you can finally overcome what's ahead of you. That feeling of satisfaction is fairly rare these days. MCOC is like a mini Dark Souls of the mobile game industry. A series I am also a fan of.

Think. It's much more fun than being spoonfed. Also, we have a really helpful community who also loves overcoming those said obstacles.
  • Options
    BadahBadah Posts: 245 ★★
    On my main, I did it with Crossbones himself. On my mini, I did it with a G99. On both accounts I had to use lots of revives to get through... It's just a matter of getting L1 revives and not giving up. I used the path that kept Bane, it helps to get his health down if you time it well
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 247 ★★★

Oh, my roster is rather expansive: rating 2.7M, prestige 10800, all the champs shown on 6.1.5-Youtube at high sig (except Rogue). Have tried it with Doom, Warlock, G2099, usual suspects, and among less known new ones Omega Sentinel, now wondering whether Scorpion or the new Hulkling with poison immunity might be good (have him now duped 5*r3). It always goes the same way: Crossbones goes a bit down, revive, …, and then Crossbones is back at 100 %. The crucial turning point when CB is low enough that the tide of battle is turning and he is driven towards zero never comes. Since this has been going on for soon 1.5 years, I simply suck at this. I would practice directly with the node, but it’s a long way always to get to Crossbones and try out something - a reasonable conclusion is that this type of very long don’t-make-any-errors fight is not my thing. My aim is really Cavalier and the better chances to improve the roster, Paragon is not a realistic goal. But, Crossbones will most likely be the ’you shall not pass’ for that.

With Warlock and G2099 at rank 5 and with 2.7M rating and you can't pass CB. You really need to forge your skill more than just throw units at every boss fight. When Cav title was introduced, most ppl did that fight with 4/55s. And wasn't that CB just rwcently nerfed?
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    TrongNov said:

Oh, my roster is rather expansive: rating 2.7M, prestige 10800, all the champs shown on 6.1.5-Youtube at high sig (except Rogue). Have tried it with Doom, Warlock, G2099, usual suspects, and among less known new ones Omega Sentinel, now wondering whether Scorpion or the new Hulkling with poison immunity might be good (have him now duped 5*r3). It always goes the same way: Crossbones goes a bit down, revive, …, and then Crossbones is back at 100 %. The crucial turning point when CB is low enough that the tide of battle is turning and he is driven towards zero never comes. Since this has been going on for soon 1.5 years, I simply suck at this. I would practice directly with the node, but it’s a long way always to get to Crossbones and try out something - a reasonable conclusion is that this type of very long don’t-make-any-errors fight is not my thing. My aim is really Cavalier and the better chances to improve the roster, Paragon is not a realistic goal. But, Crossbones will most likely be the ’you shall not pass’ for that.

With Warlock and G2099 at rank 5 and with 2.7M rating and you can't pass CB. You really need to forge your skill more than just throw units at every boss fight. When Cav title was introduced, most ppl did that fight with 4/55s. And wasn't that CB just rwcently nerfed?
    I actually think the reverse is true. The consensus is they made getting cavalier more difficult, and everyone up to that crossbones has more health.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I actually got my best fights against this crossbones using Dormamu.

Not a heavy hitter but power control and also nullifying health gain with SP1. This worked for me.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Make friends with Warlock.