**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mole-Man true accuracy removed during Frenzy.

Comments

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

The wording of when MM kept TA never changed from his original release to after he was buffed. All that changed in the description is the amount of mass needed to lose it. The way it worked in game changed which is why plenty of us have been saying this would be fixed for over a year now.

I get people not liking the change but you genuinely don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to being mad about it. People complain pro player bugs get fixed immediately and now are complaining they left this one in game for too long... come on.

Should the communication have been better? Absolutely. Most people know what to expect as far as communication at this point though so if they aren't taking upon themselves to actually read and understand things, well that's on them.

Personally, I knew they would fix him back eventually. But why? They accidentally made a community favorite, super effective, not broken champ. I wish that while he was bugged the community said “hey man, I really hope they keep his abilities!” Instead we all were saying “Kabam would never do something pro player like that, he’ll get fixed.” It’s just a bummer

Also sorry for making those quotes sound like Korg said them
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★

sleimon said:

Going to need some rank down tickets.

That's why I ranked and used him because under 10 charges when activating Frenzy, he kept True Accuracy.

I waited a LONG time before ranking to ensure it wasn't a "bug" and after reading his abilities, it shouldn't be an issue keeping it the way it has worked for over a year now after his buff.

This is ridiculous if this change happens like this. It makes him useless a lot of the time and makes me not want him ranked. Better options and this change isn't needed as it doesn't make him overpowered.

Everyone said day 1 of his buff that it was a bug. Waiting for a long time doesn't change that. Also moleman is far from useless lmao. He's easily still a top 3 skill imo
    @sleimon You're delusional if you think he's better than Nick Fury, Shang Chi, Falcon, KP, Black Cat, Hit Monkey, Masacre, or even Aegon. I honestly never ranked my 6* Moleman because I knew he'd get fixed eventually but calling him a top 3 skill after this nerf is just straight up crazy. He loses all of his utility in exchange for damage, now. This makes him redundant in war where you need both in order to do a majority of fights.
    I don’t know if I’d still call him top 3, I agree that Shang and Fury are better than MM, but the rest I have to disagree with
  • MoShizzleMoShizzle Posts: 55

The way the wording is reminds me of the Carina Challenges problems in how everyone was interpreting them (and, or, and/or, only) and this with the use of "and". It could have all been avoided (IMO) with one simple line added under the frenzy description part that states something like,

"Upon activation of frenzy Moleman loses true accuracy but regains it when frenzy expires and remains below 10 Monster mass."

Never has it been stated that activation of frenzy while below 10 monster mass would make Moleman lose true accuracy to my knowledge.
    Bug or not, intentional or not, the communication (lack of) was poorly executed when the community asked for clarifications. I only agree that RDTs should be provided for people that took him to r4 as those resources are very valuable and in short supply.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    Love MoleGod.. and he will still be good.. but this definitely hurts him, and I don't think he was "broken", just a top champ... I've seen them decide to change the TEXT of a champ when they decided that modifying the champ to align with the text would make them too good (i.e. the bug fix would benefit the player). They could have done the same here and simply accepted he works well as he is, and changed his text to align with how he was working.

This would have been a much better solution, but we all know they don't like to do things for their players, only for their pockets.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★

sleimon said:

Going to need some rank down tickets.

That's why I ranked and used him because under 10 charges when activating Frenzy, he kept True Accuracy.

I waited a LONG time before ranking to ensure it wasn't a "bug" and after reading his abilities, it shouldn't be an issue keeping it the way it has worked for over a year now after his buff.

This is ridiculous if this change happens like this. It makes him useless a lot of the time and makes me not want him ranked. Better options and this change isn't needed as it doesn't make him overpowered.

Everyone said day 1 of his buff that it was a bug. Waiting for a long time doesn't change that. Also moleman is far from useless lmao. He's easily still a top 3 skill imo
    @sleimon You're delusional if you think he's better than Nick Fury, Shang Chi, Falcon, KP, Black Cat, Hit Monkey, Masacre, or even Aegon. I honestly never ranked my 6* Moleman because I knew he'd get fixed eventually but calling him a top 3 skill after this nerf is just straight up crazy. He loses all of his utility in exchange for damage, now. This makes him redundant in war where you need both in order to do a majority of fights.
    I don’t know if I’d still call him top 3, I agree that Shang and Fury are better than MM, but the rest I have to disagree with
    King Chin is almost certainly better with this fix, especially now that his overpower buffs will stack properly.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I pulled moleman from the compensation nexus. Was planning to r3 with eop rewards. Guess I will have to wait for the update, test and see if he is still worth r3.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★

IKON said:

If a new player comes in, reads the description of Moleman, and also plays Moleman, why is everyone just assuming that they should know that Moleman is bugged and the description is correct? Are we suggesting that the descriptions are infallible, because we know that's not true.

Look at the updates. Even this update also includes an update to Nightcrawlers SP3 description, and Archangels description on poison during blocked hits.

V33.3 includes this - Fixed error in Joe Fixit’s description where it stated he gained a Card on the first hit of a combo instead of the last

I strongly believe that it is incorrect to just assume players would know it's a bug with gameplay and not description. They may understand that the Champion does not work the way the description reads, but it's impossible to know what was intended from only what's currently in the game.

@IKON we had the same thought at the same time it seems! Great minds think alike
    Ha ha, that was wonderful, you put in quite a bit more work than I did though.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

Knowingly attempt to exploit known bugs and you end up paying the price once said bug is fixed. What a shocker.
    edited July 2022

solopolo said:

Knowingly attempt to exploit known bugs and you end up paying the price once said bug is fixed. What a shocker.

I'm sure you'll point me to where Kabam confirmed this was a bug.

Or I'm sure you can explain why we can assume all descriptions are correct when they get fixed monthly because there are mistakes, and because there are nodes that don't act according to their descriptions.

I'm sure.
    Descriptions get fixed monthly, you say. How many months ago was moleman reworked? Wonder how that flew under the radar for so long despite having been mentioned repeatedly by players. Maybe the issue wasn't with the ability description? Just throwing out a possibility.

Champion description is what a champion is advertised as, and is what players first see, assuming they actually take the time to read abilities, and therefore is what should be assumed as correct, rather than picking and choosing whichever side happens to be most convenient to you. If an ability description is incorrect, it usually does get fixed quickly after having been discovered, and I'd imagine is also infinitely easier to fix than the alternative, so they really had no reason to hold off for that long if the issue really was ability text.

This is really just a repeat of the Doom/Wasp vs stun immunity bugfix. Now, try to remember how many rank-down tickets were handed out then, and that'll give you a good idea of how many will be given out this time around.

Also, the whole "omg I ranked up a champion just for this ONE ability and it's gone now!!1!!111!!1" argument is hilariously bad. People said the same thing about Doom and Wasp, and they're still used just the same, with absolutely no difference. Either way though, this goes back to what I initially said. Having intentionally ranked up a champion for an ability that you know is bugged only means the fault falls on you when the bug gets fixed and you no longer have access to it.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    I knew this was a bug. Every time I read these threads, and I've read a few over the last year, I was like, yeah it's a bug, but he's useful like this, so I'll rank him. I took my 6* to R3 and use him a fair bit. I was accepting of the potential he could get changed at some point.

But...after a while, I kinda forgot about the whole thing, especially as I play a lot less nowadays. To the point where I was openly musing to ally mates that he was a dark horse contender for my first R4. Then I saw a vid from KT mentioning this change and it all came back.

I don't need a RDT and R3 prolly doesn't in general. But I agree with other posters that a R4->R3 would be a good gesture.
    edited July 2022

solopolo said:

I'm sure you'll point me to where Kabam confirmed this was a bug.
    Yeah, right here:

Champion ability description is what a champion is advertised as, and should be assumed as correct, especially when it's remained unchanged for well over a year. You don't just pick and choose what you want to be correct based on what's most convenient for you.

solopolo said:

Or I'm sure you can explain why we can assume all descriptions are correct when they get fixed monthly because there are mistakes, and because there are nodes that don't act according to their descriptions.

I'm sure.
    They get fixed monthly, you say? How many months ago was moleman's description last updated? Wonder how that went under the radar for so long.

Also, the whole "omg I ranked up a champion for this ONE ability and it's gone now!!11!!1!!!!!11!!11" argument is hilariously bad. People cried the same about Doom and Wasp and yet they're still used just as much and are just as good as they've always been. Either way though, this goes back to what I initially said. If you're intentionally ranking up a champion solely for the purpose of abusing what you clearly know is a bug, the fault only falls on you when that ends up getting fixed.

EDIT: first post broke or something. Anyways, yeah.