**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[merged] Tiered offers

Comments

• Options
    Deckard2192Deckard2192 Posts: 15
    edited July 2022

While I agree that they should have been more informative in game vs. the forums (not everyone reads the forums).... I have to ask.. why did you wait so long to get them? You had to know they were there since the 1st... were you still grinding units?

Grinding for progression. I rarely come here now, as I have plenty of alliance info for support, and honestly don’t love the preponderance of whining from various posters about this issue or that one. KABAM said the 5th on the initial email, why would anyone look at a timer that would say differently?

It doesn’t faze me, either they will reoffer, and I’ll bite at my new progression level or they won’t, and the wallet gets tighter down the road with my extra 20K units.
  • Options
    Knorr7227Knorr7227 Posts: 187
    I run 2 accts, one acct shows no offers but my other acct shows 1 day left on tiered unit deals, I have an ally mate who was grinding for the 18k units and his unit deals disappeared, they definitely should honor the in game mail date/time of expiration and just have all the deals expire at the same time.

• Options
    SanikđSanikđ Posts: 2

They had timers on them in game, seems more like an attention to detail issue

I hadn't checked the timer due to the fact that the mail said July 5th, if it were properly communicated this wouldn't have been an issue, why should I have to triple check everything to ensure something so simple wasnt just straight up wrong
  • Options

Yeah, he's grinding for Paragon, he probably hasn't spent any money already in game, Kabam should make it as hard to spend money as it was for players to get there. Simply ridiculous that players should have to divine an answer when it clearly says in the initial email that offers will be there till the 5th.

Sankid, enjoy your units, if you can get to Paragon without any help from them, all the better for you.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 600 ★★★
    Sanikđ said:

I hadn't checked the timer due to the fact that the mail said July 5th, if it were properly communicated this wouldn't have been an issue, why should I have to triple check everything to ensure something so simple wasnt just straight up wrong
    I imagine you triple checked the amount of grinding needed to obtain said units, would have been wise to double check the timers on the deals, they were right there on the Home Screen not like you had to try to find them
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 600 ★★★

Yeah, he's grinding for Paragon, he probably hasn't spent any money already in game, Kabam should make it as hard to spend money as it was for players to get there. Simply ridiculous that players should have to divine an answer when it clearly says in the initial email that offers will be there till the 5th.

Sankid, enjoy your units, if you can get to Paragon without any help from them, all the better for you.
    Has nothing to do with spending money or not, off of you to bring that into the convo.
  • Options

Has nothing to do with spending money or not, off of you to bring that into the convo.
    Of course it does…otherwise why would they juice the unit packages with all kinds of supplements. No, but of course they did that out of the goodness of their hearts to reward their player base, and not to put cash in their coffers. Rigggghhht.
  • Options
    CovenantOneCovenantOne Posts: 7
    edited July 2022
    Hello Kabam,

I'm not sure where to post my comment/suggestion but this looks like a good landing space. (A community member directed me here).

I just learned that the Tiered Unit offer deals expired today rather than 7-5 at 10am pst like the cash offers. I've been saving up and grinding for units since Cyber weekend if last year. I believed I had until 7-5 to purchase the unit offers. I just (@ 2pm cst) opened 2MM worth of Battlechips that put me up to 18.2K units. More than enough to purchase all the deals I was ready!! Come to find out the deals already expired??!! I kept checking my in game email for an update but everything says I have until 7-5 10am pst. So I ask my Alliance and they point me here. So I'm asking that you all please extend the Tiered Unit Offers deal to coincide with the expiration of the cash deals? I've been playing this game for about 7yrs and I'm at the Thronebreaker progression level and have big plans to further my account with the unit deals.

Thank you for your consideration!!
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    just lol
  • Options
    jaydawg0006jaydawg0006 Posts: 5
    Same thing happened to me. It’s ridiculous to send an email saying one date, then not honoring that date.
  • Options
    BIGTASTYBOIBIGTASTYBOI Posts: 4
    Kabam you need to rerelease the offers because that's false advertising for people who spent money on the bundles and for the players who grinded for it. This is unacceptable and some of us players will file complaints because that is completely unacceptable to being misleading with this information. Shame on you and we expect a real official response
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,831 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/308160/not-able-to-buy-tiered-offers

Mod commented here. There was a timer, even a big information in the forums.
  • Options
    ChompsChomps Posts: 26
    Why would one end before the other? That just doesnt make sense. Yes Kabam commented on the forums, which not everyone comes to, or comes to regularly. Yes there was a timer, but there was also a conflicting in game email.

IDK why Kabam didnt just reset the timer to match, once they realized the two were different, as I cant imagine the original intent was to have two different end times.
  • Options
    YodaKajYodaKaj Posts: 63
    edited July 2022
    @Kabam Miike I missed ALL the July 4th Deals, because I only read the in game mail, which stated...deals closing on the 5th of July. I had been grinding and saving units since I first heard about the 4th July deals. It's funny, because its called the 4th of july deals, but it closes before. I was still grinidng yesterday too, from 8000 units trying to get to 10K. Very unclear message from Kabam.
    I also spent 1000 units on the 2 class catalyst and 1 t2a catalyst bundle, because I thought that spending 1000 might bring up the unit deals or I was doing something wrong. But it was just that the unit deals closed earlier than what the in game mail stated.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,661 Guardian
    Chomps said:

Why would one end before the other? That just doesnt make sense. Yes Kabam commented on the forums, which not everyone comes to, or comes to regularly. Yes there was a timer, but there was also a conflicting in game email.

IDK why Kabam didnt just reset the timer to match, once they realized the two were different, as I cant imagine the original intent was to have two different end times.

I understand you, and it is frustrating that this happened. Odds are there was a mistake once it was sent out. I don't know how kabam programed them, but it is likely that they can't just change the time, and if they released the offers for another day, that would mean people could double dip on the unit offers (more money for kabam) but that would not be fair to other summoners. The paragon who double dipped would have 2 more r4s, 10 more t5cc, 250 more sigs, and 2 more six stars of their choice.

The double dipping would be very unfair to those like you who grind for units. It would also be complicated for kabam to go through every account to remove any double dipped materials and refund units to them just to keep things fair for everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @Fit_Fun9329 some FTP players don't watch the timer, as that is alot of the time meant for cash deals. I understand, it is the players misunderstanding too, but the in-game mail states clearly that 5th July 10am is when the unit deals end. So its a mistake from Kabam too.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike Proposed solution: Allow those who missed and misunderstood the timing to re-access the unit-based deals for 12 to 24 hours. Alot of us are sitting with 10K++ units and were waiting until 5th July morning to spend it.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Its a wrongdoing from Kabam. They should send another email to clarify their mistake not writing something not everyone can read in this forum.

Its a big mistake from them and they didnt admit it.
  • Options
    Rocky95344Rocky95344 Posts: 5
    Kabam Jax said:

It wasn't sent in an in-game message because the information wasn't necessarily incorrect, the two separate timers were just confusing. We addressed it in forum because that's where we received the question, the same way you asked it in the forum.

The timer was still an accurate representation, we drew direct attention to it to provide clarity.

I totally fail to understand the concept of two timers for same event. Now Kabam can find as many excuses to justify it but this is absolutely unprofessional on Kabam’ s part.
    If this issue was brought in notice of Kabam earlier it should have been rectified in game and not a notice posted in forums. I personally don’t visit forums on a regular basis. How in world do you expect me to notice a timer for deals are different when the in game mail clearly stated that the offers will be available till 5 July 10 am PDT .
    MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE PLEASE OPEN THAT OFFER FOR A LIMITED TIME AGAIN .( maybe 12 hrs or so )

Thanks
  • Options
    VanPeltstaintVanPeltstaint Posts: 28
    I get the reasoning that we should’ve all kept an eye on the timer but why have different offers end on different days? They know people grind for units to try and make deadlines but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a year where cash and unit deals ended on different days, especially when all emails sent out for both offers say they end July 5th. Now if this was honest mistake, all offers should’ve ended yesterday, not half. But I guess thanks helping me save money cuz what reason do I have to buy unit deals now if the tiered are gone.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    The percentage of players who use the forums is much, much smaller than Kabam realizes.
    Messages this important should be in an IN-GAME banner.