**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do You Like The Jane Foster Buff?

BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
Woth the new update the much awaited jane foster buff is now live. Does it love up to the expectation or it falls short? What does the community feel about it?

Do You Like The Jane Foster Buff? 192 votes

Yes l love it
2%
No_oneukBuggyDClownBadass84Hiwoe_child 4 votes
Not i dont
80%
Crine60Alfa_PigeonSeverus35RaganatorSighsohardthe_eradicatorAce_03OMMForwardJetenyoMaverick75DeemonbalaEvil_TwinAnurag1606TerraChamp_ZadramelchMilkyNescioCarlos1ja 155 votes
Cant say
17%
OwGssSnakeEyes69World EaterphillgreenFrankWhitesavitar2613KennadoCassyRasiloverSandeepSDRTODannyB01Justcause102Sbkrueblaserjohn26Saru2244VbnmeLegionnaireKillswitch01Ercarret 33 votes

Comments

• magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Not i dont
    What even is there to like?
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Not i dont
    Honestly, all changes can’t lead to a (quite) god tier champion. But the result here is a low improvement, so Thorette is under the average and not useful (except in arenas). Sadly a waste of time on her ...
    Maybe some additional items could have been borrowed to other recently reworked champions.
    Hope to see better improvements in the nect review.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Not i dont

Honestly, all changes can’t lead to a (quite) god tier champion. But the result here is a low improvement, so Thorette is under the average and not useful (except in arenas). Sadly a waste of time on her ...
    Maybe some additional items could have been borrowed to other recently reworked champions.
    Hope to see better improvements in the nect review.

But we didn't even get an improvement. I actually noticed more of a buff to Nova and Ronin way more than Jane Foster
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Not i dont

Like why do they even bother?
    How did Kabam manage to turn one of the best received ideas they had and turn it into a negative? That takes talent.

This comment all day! It is a special talent!
  • Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    Not i dont
    Man i ranked her up ahead of buff and damn now i regret (rank 1-2 gem was going to get wasted and it was just heat of the moment thinking)
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Not i dont
    I don't even understand the point of creating such buffs with barely any noticeable change. A massive letdown.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Could we just stop buffing champs? I dont even feel excitement anymore
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,070 ★★★★★
    Yes l love it
    On paper she looks damn solid
    Gonna test here after updating the game after office hours
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    Not i dont
    Surprised there hasn't been any white knights in here yet.

As for Jane, to put into perspective, the PsychoMan and Nova buffs were more impactful to champion performance
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Badass84 said:

I love the Buff. If you ask why:

She is as bad as before the buff and that is great. She doesn't have new special-animations ehere you have to swipe back 11 times, do the macarena and only have to take 8 block-hits.

The buff-program is mostly annoying. Yes there are great ones which everyone uses now like Falcon, King Pin, Ultron, Magneto, Mole and some more, but normally you don't use 50 Champs for story/AQ/AW. So what is your overall experience with a buffed champ? You face him as a defender and so he is usually more annoying than before (3* Carina-Challenge in ROL with the new specials of Storm f.e.).

So I say I love the buff, because you don't have to change anything fighting her.

Cant consider mole a good buff anymore
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    Cant say
    I don't think kabam has to do any form of champion buff expectation management. We already know what to expect at this point. I'm just really glad my Ultron (Favourite champ at the moment🤩) got buffed before the buff program took a nose-dive this year...

I pretty much don't care who they buff anymore🤷🏾‍♂️
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    Cant say
    I don't have her so I haven't played with her either before or after the buff, which makes it difficult to have an opinion of her. So I won't judge her.

On paper, however, I do think she looks decent. I think she falls in line with Kabam's recent idea of raising the floor with their buffs rather than reaching for the ceiling. What I mean is, they'd rather make a champion "Not the worst" rather than "Wow, they're good". I think that's great for the game in general, but I also think it largely sucks for people in my position (late Thronebreakers/Paragon players, possible also earlier Thronebreakers/late Cavs). For us to care about a buff, it has to offer more than hers does (or, really, any buff since last year aside from maybe Storm's).

The combination of fewer buffs (just in general) and fewer worthwhile buffs for me as an endgame player has dramatically nuked my interest in the buff program. The reveals used to be something that I looked forward to every month, but it has been a very long time since I was overly interested in the program itself. Gone are seemingly the days of me ranking up a ton of recently-buffed champions. If a good buff comes out of it, I'll gladly take it (I'll probably rank up Storm eventually), but I'm not dying from excitement at the end of every month to see what Kabam has cooked up. That's a shame, but it is what it is.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    Not i dont
    The Storm buff was really great. I use her all the time now. I was expecting something similar with Jane but it’s been very disappointing.

It’s a wasted opportunity to build on the excitement around the movie.
  • ElthanElthan Posts: 82 ★★
    Not i dont
    In all honesty, they shall just give up on the buff program if it's the kind of "buff" we have to expect from now on. Their time would be better invested in fixing bugs instead.

I have a 6R1* Jane and I didn't bother to rank her up, even after they said they would buff her up.

I didn't expect anything and I'm still let down :)
  • BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
    Not i dont
    Woah. 80% of the community doesn't like the buff. Well. Not surprised tbh.