**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Losing control of champs [Under Investigation]

Comments

• the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    Waiting for months then telling us that this is a device problem? What???
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everybody.

I wanted to check in with you all and let you know that while we are still looking into this, it is most likely a device issue, as there are no real common threads to all of the information you've provided to us. It does seem that the large majority of players experiencing this issue are using older devices, like Galaxy Tab S2s, iPad 2s, Moto G4s etc.

Rest assured that this doesn't mean that we've given up on looking into this. It just means that we're going to have to dig harder, and it's going to take more time.

Thanks again for bearing with us on this. We'll be sure to update you guys once we have more info.

Just another excuse. Blame all of our devices. Like when there is a connection problem it's our devices. Game not running right? Our devices. Anything and everything except the real cause.....kabam not fixing the game issues. Stop blaming us, your customers, for your problems. That's the best way to lose customers. Don't think this game is so great that it can't happen. We're already on the precipise of dropping the game now. It's not gonna take much more. Mind your customers and stop blaming them. Not good for business.
  • RockCity333RockCity333 Posts: 122
    @Kabam Miike it's not a "device issue" with older phones. It happens daily on my s8. I'll dash back and it doesn't respond. Or I'll dash back from a block position and rather than dash back it just drops your block and you take a special or heaby. And it's odd how it happens so much more frequently in aq than story quest and more often on the orange buffed nodes. It's across all champs against all cHampshire. It's not character specific.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Same. Samsung Galaxy S8+.
  • It is difficult to block for long time... While blocking it automatically leaves blocking and I get hit with sp1 and normal attacks and parry is not working at some times... Need an update on this
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everybody.

I wanted to check in with you all and let you know that while we are still looking into this, it is most likely a device issue, as there are no real common threads to all of the information you've provided to us. It does seem that the large majority of players experiencing this issue are using older devices, like Galaxy Tab S2s, iPad 2s, Moto G4s etc.

Rest assured that this doesn't mean that we've given up on looking into this. It just means that we're going to have to dig harder, and it's going to take more time.

Thanks again for bearing with us on this. We'll be sure to update you guys once we have more info.

Explain why its happening on newer devices then? My iphone 7 drops blocks constantly or refuses to do a 5 hit combo. I know folk with iphone x and iphone 8+ and same thing.

This a bug on KABAMS end.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    happening on my ipad pro and iphone x
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    It's never happened to me, and I've never seen it happen on the hundred of live stream hours available on YouTube.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    In any case, if you hold block for too long, the opponent will just do a heavy attack which breaks your block. Are you sure this isn't what is happening?
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    In any case, if you hold block for too long, the opponent will just do a heavy attack which breaks your block. Are you sure this isn't what is happening?

Not because you don't experience those bugs doesnt mean they don't exist and that's the reason we're here
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    It's never happened to me, and I've never seen it happen on the hundred of live stream hours available on YouTube.

😂 don’t say in the forum, you may never know .... you start having issues .... someone is watching 😂😂. Don’t say it loud..... we had enough issues so we can say freely in this forum
  • LewkkLewkk Posts: 36

Do you seriously think so many would be that incapable? At first I thought I was becoming too relaxed in playing and was just missing swipes to evade or something but now it's been happening for so long and so many others have experienced it, it's definitely bugs and infuriating ones at that. The amount of times i've died in AW and AQ even though i'm well aware that this is happening is unbelievable and i'm seriously losing my patience. There's either a lag right before an enemy heavy/special lands which causes the game to miss my input to evade and I get nailed or I swipe back and instead of dashing backwards the character just briefly blocks instead but releases it and then stands there waiting to get pummelled, it's also happened a lot the other way round, where I go for a dash attack after baiting or for an intercept but instead I just do a light attack on the spot. It seems to me that the game isn't registering a swipe action sometimes, only that the screen has been touched so instead of performing your swipe action it does the tap action i.e. a brief block instead of dash back or a light attack instead of a dash attack
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Still no input on this? Its been 3 months man. I'm using a samsung s6 if that helps out any.
  • CCarteR717CCarteR717 Posts: 10
    I'm having the same issue since the emergency maintenance.

The problem here is not so much on game not recognizing/detecting our thumb.
    What I noticed was that the game suffers from roughly half a second screen freeze. So what happens is often time when we're tapping or holding down against the screen, if the game freezes the moment u tap or hold, it fails to register the tap/hold, and after half a second, the game carries on leaving ur champ standing still waiting for your direction.

So if you're timing for a parry, and the game freezes the same time your thumb touches the screen, your champ will just stand there waiting to receive hits.

This applies to all other actions - combos, tap to activate specials, blocks, evasions, etc.

It's the half a second pause/freeze that screws us all over. It's not that the game doesn't recognize our thumb's contact against the screen; it's the pause/freeze that stops the system from receiving any feedback during that timeframe.
    Up
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Lewkk wrote: »

Do you seriously think so many would be that incapable? At first I thought I was becoming too relaxed in playing and was just missing swipes to evade or something but now it's been happening for so long and so many others have experienced it, it's definitely bugs and infuriating ones at that. The amount of times i've died in AW and AQ even though i'm well aware that this is happening is unbelievable and i'm seriously losing my patience. There's either a lag right before an enemy heavy/special lands which causes the game to miss my input to evade and I get nailed or I swipe back and instead of dashing backwards the character just briefly blocks instead but releases it and then stands there waiting to get pummelled, it's also happened a lot the other way round, where I go for a dash attack after baiting or for an intercept but instead I just do a light attack on the spot. It seems to me that the game isn't registering a swipe action sometimes, only that the screen has been touched so instead of performing your swipe action it does the tap action i.e. a brief block instead of dash back or a light attack instead of a dash attack

100% agree. 100%.

About your last comment, I can confirm it.
    In fact, sometimes is worse because the block/dash (tap/swipe in the left) is registered as a hit (tap in the right).

Read this thread I'm reporting this bug.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/32640/swipes-and-taps-in-the-left-are-not-taps-in-the-right

TheBlet wrote: »
    At the start of almost every fight my champion locks up and refuses to block, strike, evade, etc.

Nothing works st the beginning of the fight.

True story. There is almost always a lag at the beginning of the fight.

Did you guys ever notice the issues happen more when youre fighting an opponent which is 2 or 3 times plus your characters PI? It seems to be compounded in that scenario for me. This leads me to believe its a game mechanic problem.
    It's my life every AQs fight.
    I'm already resigned I should lose a bit of my health per fight just because I'll be combed/high punched starting almost every fight. I barely can finish the maps with some champs still living.
    Obviously I'm not a Boss/MiniBoss killer because one high punch / combo = dead.
  • This is not an older device issue that is a cop out. Many people who’s devices range from old to new have reported this. I have iPhone 6+. Not brand new but not that old. I’ve read threads going back months complaining of this. Age old excuse of blaming the devices of the players. I give up it’s pointless trying. I quit. I fully support any of you trying to persue this but when we are listening to bottom of the barrel device excuses I feel it’s going to continue getting brushed under the carpet.
  • 187187 Posts: 51
    It's another Kabam cash cow. You see their revenues, they make money enough to hire the best developers and software engineers on earth. They could locate and fix every real bug within shortest time. Instead the nature of bugs and their appearances (nowadays they seem to pop up just from "time to time") shows very much that with the increasing success of the game the "bugs" have become more sophisticated. I bet these "bugs" are decided, developed and carried out on highest level of Kabam software engineering before their official release.
    The subsequent "investigation" process as a whole, once the community protests too much, is just laughable at its best.

P.S.: don't forget to include your device information with the next complaint FML
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    My VERY FIRST COMMENT, which is the very first comment on this post lol, clearly even stated that I'm on a BRAND NEW GALAXY S8+! Friggin hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.