**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is Odin so underused?

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
Just because herc and cgr exist?

I was really excited when odin came out and got him as a 6star but dropped him since my old phone couldnt handle his sp1 animations
but with a new phone and after having done a solo on EOP overseer I am so impressed with Odin.

Almost 100% up time on his true strike and being able to pause buffs just by staying close to the enemy and his sp2 damage is nothing to cough at with energize buffs from heavies to reach sp2 quickly. he really has so much to help him.

Comments

• Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    I love playing odin but the odin sleep mechanic kinda sucks.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    It's the same with MagX. People only see support, and not the champion on their own terms
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I've been loving my Odin ever since I pulled him during the July 4th weekend. He's so tanky and he hits like a truck with all of his buffs up. The fact that he can boost every other champion on the team in a variety of ways is just amazing. I've just explored 6.1.2 and his shock resistance boost helped several of the champions I brought along to deal with the Ultron boss there. He has...well, I don't know what the node is called, but it's the one where you take a lot of shock damage every time he activates a special attack or something like that. I didn't really read it through because my champs always went in with 90% resistance and slayed him before I had to worry about it.

He was also amazing vs Overseer in EOP so I'll probably bring him in during the boss rush again, especially since I've ranked him up further now than I had him at the time. I'm really, really enjoying him.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    He's put in work for me in a few places - primarily for Act 7.2 Kang. HIs buffs were awesome and his sp2 in wounded mode was crazy. Plus, he could put all those extra buffs onto a great debuff - he made ultron for that even better too. He can be fun in monthly CAV EQ, especially paired with Angela, but then she usually gets to do most of the fighting, especially if suicides are active.

For me, I don't use him much because his lack of immunities and he's also still unduped (although 6* R3 anyway). Seems like those are required in so much content now. So he does end up being more a support entity than a lane clearer.

And if you're a suicide user (I go back and forth, but have not had them on for AW and usually prefer to have access to all champs anyway), he's pretty much a no-go too.

Great champ, but think he should at least have shock resistance (OG Thor should too).
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    One thing i dont like about him is if my game crashes the prefight is gone and I can’t even apply it anymore, whereas with white magneto, I dont have to worry about this
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I am trying to pull him at 5/6 but can’t seem to snag him. I think the kit is very solid
  • _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    He's up there with Wasp on the most underrated list
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Odin is a low-key beyond God tier champ. Only people who own him can understand his value outside of his support. Odin played a major role in my act 7 100% and still took some fights for me in my abyss initial clear.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    He is underused by me because I don’t have him as a 6*. He is on my current top 5 list.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Whenever I think of Odin, it’s “I need as many buffs as possible on my champ for this node” or “he has a great synergy with this champ” or “I need shock resistance for this fight.” I think if more people thought of him as a solo champ they would love him
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,286 ★★★★
    It is interesting that only Apocalypse has managed to escape being pigeon holed as the 'pre-fight support' champion.

War Machine, Magneto House of X, and Mister Fantastic are all seen more for what they give other champions.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    I’ve been playing over 7 years. Only have a 4*. I’ll let you know if kabam ever graces me with a useable version.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I love Odin only apart from skipping one fight(odinsleeping) he is a pretty well rounded champion. Apart from his synergies he is also a great Havok counter
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Honestly, yeah a lot of the support champs get no play. I'll be honest I thought a similar way but after using my R1 Lvl25 Odin to get like 40% off of 6.3.3 Havok and using him along with Angela (one of my favorite cosmics currently) makes me want to use him more and more. Also my R2 Wags is really fun to use
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    What evidence give you a conclusion that he is underused?

If you play that game long enough, you’ll gradually aware that “underrated” “overrated” are relative words. There is no underrated champ but there is underrated player behind the control. Therefore you saw players complaining how worse civil worrier was but on the hand you saw MSD use him to one-shot Grandmaster.

There are also a group of Odin’s players and his appearance in YouTube content is not small. I have 3/4/5/6 versions and use him a lot. I learnt the mechanics from other players in this forum and treasure his abilities.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 353 ★★★

I love playing odin but the odin sleep mechanic kinda sucks.

It really doesn't matter lol. You lose ONE buff when odinsleep isn't active. You can make up for it by triggering dex before throwing the sp2. I use my r3 Odin a lot and he does well even without his odinsleep.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 353 ★★★
    edited August 2022

He's put in work for me in a few places - primarily for Act 7.2 Kang. HIs buffs were awesome and his sp2 in wounded mode was crazy. Plus, he could put all those extra buffs onto a great debuff - he made ultron for that even better too. He can be fun in monthly CAV EQ, especially paired with Angela, but then she usually gets to do most of the fighting, especially if suicides are active.

For me, I don't use him much because his lack of immunities and he's also still unduped (although 6* R3 anyway). Seems like those are required in so much content now. So he does end up being more a support entity than a lane clearer.

And if you're a suicide user (I go back and forth, but have not had them on for AW and usually prefer to have access to all champs anyway), he's pretty much a no-go too.

Great champ, but think he should at least have shock resistance (OG Thor should too).

Odin's awakening is trash. It's very niche. I agree with the immunities part tho. Shock immunity or resistance for himself would have been nice since he gives other champs shock resistance.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,070 ★★★★★
    I use him a lot. Bigger the HP, faster enemy falls
    My 5/65 does more damage than my r3 here In ROL without suicide
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    He was a dud when he came out and after buff many people didn't give him the second chance he deserves.
  • Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Posts: 168 ★★
    Daddy Odin is so fun to play! Great energize, lots of buffs, big sp2 damage. My r5 Odin is used a lottttt
  • mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    He’s one of those champs that’s good for support and pretty good when you actually use him, but he does not necessarily fill a particular need.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    o4tg said:

Odin is epic. 170k s2’s at R2 and true strike helps in a lot of fights. Mine is going R3.

As mentioned above, losing his aptitude buff isn’t that big of a deal. An ROL fight it makes less than a 10 hit difference.

I like him more as a used champ than a support champ. That’s just icing on the cake.

3 heavies, s1, s3, heavy to two charges, s2 to death. Any average fight just do s1 and an s2. If the fight even lasts that long.

Just been trying this rotation and am liking him more as a clearer now too. Thanks for the tip.