**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5.4.6 Ultron needs a nerf

CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
edited August 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
While I usually don't like nerfs I feel like this one is needed, this is my second account and I have 0 champs that can do this fight unless I use excessive revives, the only counters I have for it are 3*, I feel like a fight that requires specific counters shouldn't exist this early in the game
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    There is literally a 3 star Loki challenge which people do / solo him with. Plenty of videos on youtube.

I have a hard time believing there isn't some kind of counter you aren't thinking of that you have that would eventually get him down. It may not be easy... but it is doable.

One piece of advice... if you are planning to chip at him, and it looks like things aren't going so well / he's gaining health... quick out of the game. You will lose progress, which will include the health he gained.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I did this fight with a 3 star loki when it first came out…
  • Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Nah he’s a fair fight. Any champ can really do it just some make it more manageable. Annoying sometimes sure but not nerf worthy
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Next post will be:

Act 6 needs a nerf and to allow 4*.

Reasoning:
    My alt account doesn’t have any good 6* and the enemies would be too tough for my current 4* roster.

Lmao, but seriously they need to allow 4*'s in act 6, it'd make getting Cav so much easier
  • Options

Nah he’s a fair fight. Any champ can really do it just some make it more manageable. Annoying sometimes sure but not nerf worthy

Nah his Regen is extremely op, if you don't hit that interval then he'll heal to full
  • Options
    Terra said:

Just because *you* can't deal with him, doesn't mean he needs a nerf across the board.
    The fight doesn't need specific counters, some champions just make it more manageable.

Nah you gotta hit that health interval or he'll regen
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    Yes the fight can be done with a 3* Loki if you have the skills needed, but it’s obviously easier with specific counters. This is the final boss for act 5 so it should need to have at least a somewhat robust roster to get by. This fight is the gate to act 6 and the fight shouldn’t be easy. So if you don’t have the best champions to counter him, grind through the MEQ and SEQ for a few months until you pull the champion you need. I think this was done with 4* champs or at most 5* R3 for most people when it was released. No shame in building your roster up first.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    Ceder said:

Nah his Regen is extremely op, if you don't hit that interval then he'll heal to full
    you can get around his regen by simply not placing a debuff on him while his regen is active... It would make the fight more difficult to do, but most anyone can still do this fight.
  • Options
    Zippy_halliganZippy_halligan Posts: 173
    No, he doesnt need a nerf 🤣

Genuinely laughed at this post, some people just like to complain
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 117 ★★★
    I did it with Sabertooth and some synergy back in the day. There's plenty of outside the box counters
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    ain’t no way this is a serious post
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Ceder said:

While I usually don't like nerfs I feel like this one is needed, this is my second account and I have 0 champs that can do this fight unless I use excessive revives, the only counters I have for it are 3*, I feel like a fight that requires specific counters shouldn't exist this early in the game

Dude. Just say that you are not ready for the fight
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

Beat that whole quest with just a 3* Loki

He doesn’t need a nerf

The payoff to that was so satisfying. That 3* Loki took him down faster than my 5* Corvus did back in the day
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Red Magneto just shuts him down one sp3 and boom he goes....
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    And Ultron needs a nerf? So many new champs have been released that can counter him so easily.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    How do you have such consistently bad takes
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Ceder said:

you can get around his regen by simply not placing a debuff on him while his regen is active... It would make the fight more difficult to do, but most anyone can still do this fight.
    There is still Vigor.

I don't think he needs a nerf, but I could see removing Vigor as justified. The fight needs a slow approach, since you can't parry, he evades all the time and hitting block is also a bad idea (armor up shuts down your abilities fast). And Vigor requires you to play swiftly and aggressively or you are stuck forever.

But there are still many options these days. I have done the 3* Loki challenge recently and it's fine to do, there are many options for that fight, so I don't think it needs a nerf, especially when I look at Act 5 (&5.4) rewards.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    I don't know you guys smoking.... But act5 needs that auto complete option that a guy posted last week for cav EQ.
    Press a button and boom, act5.1 to act5.4 done.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,015 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Pikolu said:

Ceder said:

There is still Vigor.

I don't think he needs a nerf, but I could see removing Vigor as justified. The fight needs a slow approach, since you can't parry, he evades all the time and hitting block is also a bad idea (armor up shuts down your abilities fast). And Vigor requires you to play swiftly and aggressively or you are stuck forever.

But there are still many options these days. I have done the 3* Loki challenge recently and it's fine to do, there are many options for that fight, so I don't think it needs a nerf, especially when I look at Act 5 (&5.4) rewards.
    That Ultron has a evade timer of every 7 seconds I believe. So it can be worked around.
    Removing Vigor just makes it child's play and no challenge.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    Kerneas said:

Pikolu said:

Ceder said:

There is still Vigor.

If vigor is out healing your damage, then literally quit the instant vigor comes up. I had to do that on the pre-nerfed 6.1.5 Crossbones back in the day. It really is an non-issue since it is so easy to farm up revives.