**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should i wait until i have 10k units to defeat Superior Kang?

SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
As someone who s F2P and broke on units and coming close to 7.4, should i wait until i gather 10k units to finish act7? In order to claim those crazy cb6 and a3 catalyst offers?

Should i wait until i have 10k units to defeat Superior Kang? 131 votes

Yes, those catalyst are a must have
23%
SatsuiNoHadouSpity68LilMaddogHT10or_Strongliving_legend_1Ewell65SSS69Ctfz35H3t3rIronman3000FiiNCHDfour24DraamirLpoojdeck59TheBair123SearmenisAllomoraWasy1MrSakuragiAntzRodz 31 votes
No, crush him asap
76%
SnakeEyes69DrZolaFreakydzuffyTristanCondemnedToeEmil_LimsonphillgreenTerrathanks4playingFitnesscwIlluminantJoestacks85flygamerTotal_Domin01BrokenHilldarSandeepSAgentDoom9yuw 100 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    No, crush him asap
    I totally forgot about that, I would say then to save up for that
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,658 Guardian
    I would personally say no unless the 50% t6b and t3a will be the deciding factor of getting paragon before cyber weekend or not.

There is a lot of r4 materials out and it would be more beneficial to have 15k or 18k units saved up for cyber weekend unit deals than on the act 7 bundle.
  • Options
    Flynnlives2k15Flynnlives2k15 Posts: 9
    edited August 2022
    No, crush him asap
    I’m glad this thread has appeared, I’m in the same boat and was planning on buying the offer but thinking about it now, with all the materials on offer over the next three months with EQ and EOP I should have enough to hopefully get paragon before cyber weekend without buying it.
  • Options
    StephD87StephD87 Posts: 64
    I am in the exact same boat... I'm at 7.4.6 but didn't want to beat it until I had the 10k units. Currently at 3k and figured I might be better off beating it now rather than waiting to save another 7k units.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    No, crush him asap
    I'll add my voice to those saying skip the offer. Back when it was first launched, there weren't really any avenues for getting r4 materials. Almost everyone who wasn't a whale (that I know at least) got their first r4 from that 3-4 gem. Even exploring Act 7 only offered a fairly small amount of r4 materials, all things considered. In that context, the materials in that offer were amazing.

Since then, those materials have become a lot more plentiful in the game and the offer has therefore become a lot less valuable as a result. I would hold onto those units and spend them on cyber weekend or something. You could make a case for buying that offer if that is what pushes you to Paragon, but at this point I'm inclined to believe that those units will be far better spent during CW than anywhere else in the game.

If you're actively pushing for Paragon, you could hold off from beating Kang until the next round of EOP comes around in order to see if it bumps up the rewards again. Then you can better calculate where you'll land by the time CW comes around. If the EOP rewards don't push you to Paragon, maybe it could be worth investing in the offer. However, if you're f2p and you don't have any units on CW, it won't really matter if you're Paragon or not since you won't be able to pick up any offers regardless.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    SCP1504 said:

Doing eop and regular content i now have 2 rank 4s
    1 t3b and 1 t3 alpha and will get the second of each resource after eop rewards
    So either i do carinas or wait for next round of eop to get paragon
    Point is it's doable without the deal

Same boat I'm in.

I do realize this guys is FTP though, so yeah, just wait for one more round of EOP and do the main content. I'm not doing abyss for the rest of the carina items. would rather just wait for one more EOP or buy the materials to get to paragon at this point.

On the off chance we do get a decent offer though, as a non-whale, but occasional spender on good deals, I would be willing to buy that last T3A and T6B for the right (reasonable) price. When you consider how much we're getting for just monthly EQ now and the side quest, and even the daily $5 deals with the TB tickets on top, I could easily see that being realistic in the not too distant future.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    No, crush him asap
    Congrats on getting there as FTP!

I think it makes sense to push through, and forgo the unit offer. As other have stated, t6b and t3a is becoming more plentiful in the game, so go ahead and take down those Act 7 rewards!
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    No, crush him asap
    @TitoBandito187 hello 🤗

@SCP1504 and @SuelGames if you are rolling in units to spend at cyber and on gifting AND have 10k spare and **need** those to get paragon before cyber AND you are going to whale on offers, go for it.

(There are a lot of dependencies in that argument).

But consider. You can 100% act 7 for less than 10k units for one r4 and a chunk of t3/t6 shards. You get an extra quarter for 100% cav EQ each month and now some extra from the side quest too.

But on top of that, you can do all of gauntlet for less, on top of 100% act 7, for another half of each, again for less than 10k units

Plus you could top up in the loyalty store if you have the loyalty AND get another chunk of shards from the summoner camp (not even resort).

So for FTP, there is a lot of r3 and r6 material on the table, without even touching Carina challenges and obtainable with a lot less units and with more additional value, than the act 7 completion offer, in my view.

I make it that you can obtain, for each t3a and t6b, before November:
    1. 0.9 from monthly cav EQ
    2. 0.5 from monthly side quests
    3. 0.5 from gauntlet
    4. 0.25 from camp and
    5. 0.25 from 100% Act 7.4
    6. 1 from EOP (thank you Tito!)

That's minimum 3.4, possibly 4, of each before cyber Monday, depending on whether you have 100% act 7.3 as well.

Save those units for content 😁👍
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Agreed @Moosetiptronic and hello back!

I got myself muted here and took some time to get that resolved. Apparently, I need to mind my P's and Q's and stay on topic :)

So to that point, your calculations seem solid. I'd be hard pressed to drop 10K (or 12K if they went back up) for other stuff as well and think investing back into the game content is more rewarding as well - unless it gets him to Paragon pretty much guaranteed before cyber weekend, but if he's FTP and needs those units, then I'd save them regardless.

Gauntlet was pretty rewarding for me too - I finally saved up resources and didn't have to commit any units. I could not say the same for the 1st time this came out. That Spider-ham took my lunch money and scared me from doing the other paths.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    No, crush him asap
    10k units isn’t worth it, let alone 12k unless you’re a BG level grinder and always seem to have a stupid amount of units lying around.

EoP generates the same loot for free right now which says enough about the economic shift, wait for BF to drop your 10k units and it’ll likely be a full R4 for your units.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    2k units should be good enough
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    No, crush him asap
    Ha!! Good to hear from you @TitoBandito187 😁 always watch your language when forum warriors abound!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/270326/gauntlet-lessons-another-average-joe-story#latest

Was just rereading my old gauntlet post and thinking of doing the same again, even though I have r4 herc, r3 kitty, r3 (soon r4) nimrod, r3 apoc, r3 torch, r3 corvus, r3 shang, r3 cgr....

5/65 aegon, Heimdall, corvus, prox and mags could make it 5 stressful fights, but the rest a lot easier, compared to 21 stressful fights.
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    No, crush him asap
    He takes a few tries of wasting the energy to learn him but once you understand the fight it's not too bad. You can probably do it with just a team revive once you really know the fight. Make sure you understand the phases and bring a buff heavy champ and a debuff heavy champ. It's actually a pretty fun fight.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    No, crush him asap
    He is quite an easy boss only thing is u will have to be agile with the stances of evade and stun and u will have to co-operate dodging with the timing shifts.

I prefer MCOC NOOB guides. He just makes the quest simple with best tips and champ options and the quest then looks like an act 2 quest
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    SuelGames said:

Why do you need 10k units? Farm some revives…
    Superior kang takes 1-2 tries to get used to then you won’t need as many revives as you’ll do in your 1st 2nd try…
    watch guides and don’t go in blind. Good luck

LOL, its not for revive/potions m8, its for the offer that pops up after u finish act7!
    Oh then definitely 😂 I didn’t though and I’m near my 3rd r4

P.s. you should’ve been more clear in the post😂
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,658 Guardian

SuelGames said:

Why do you need 10k units? Farm some revives…
    Superior kang takes 1-2 tries to get used to then you won’t need as many revives as you’ll do in your 1st 2nd try…
    watch guides and don’t go in blind. Good luck

LOL, its not for revive/potions m8, its for the offer that pops up after u finish act7!
    Oh then definitely 😂 I didn’t though and I’m near my 3rd r4

P.s. you should’ve been more clear in the post😂
    At the end of his post he literally said " In order to claim those crazy cb6 and a3 catalyst offers"
    Typos aside, the post couldn't be clearer that he was talking about the act 7 deal. Just admit you misunderstood what he said and stop making excuses, it'll help you in the long run.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Thx for the feedback guys!

I think i ll just go for it then, in 7 years of this game, i dont think i ever got more than 5k units, and i absolutely despise arenas, so i d probably just sit idling, better to go for him then. As yall said, the resourses in question are getting more and more available now (thank kabam gods!)