**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

End of Gifting... [master-thread]

BradTheCollectorBradTheCollector Posts: 7
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
I’m sure many of us were caught of guard by this change and I just want to see what people think about it. I understand some of the reasoning for the change but what do we do now? As this wasn’t the first gifting event shouldn’t this news come right after gifting so people don’t save all year for the next one? I am generally free to play aside from the occasional gift card I get gifted I use on Sigil or more recently Collector Card. So now do I spend my units? Or will this new event be better? Can KABAM maybe actually give us a glimpse. It does change everything for someone like me. My plan was to save all units for gifting this year currently at 6K in hopes to make a final roster upgrade and chase the Thronebreaker title…. Extremely disappointed ATM. Let me know what’s on your mind fellow players. Keep it clean just here for opinions.

Comments

• Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Post edited by Kabam Jax on
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

My guess is you'll still be able to buy as many of the new crystals as you wish just can't gift em

My guess as well.
  • Options
    TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★
    Curious if someone from Kabam could clarify what the requirements will be for gifting consumables?
  • Options
    MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
    I generally am liking the sounds of this but I do hope the new crystal still has a chance for Thanos. Or who knows maybe they could use the death of the gifting event to make Thanos more generally available!
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

I think it's the right move and I'm surprised it wasn't implemented earlier.

The only thing that saddens me is the loss of the alliance aspect of it all. It was so much fun to see the alliance rally before the event and gift each other stuff. Making it a solo event runs the risk of turning it into yet another Cyber Weekend/July 4th/etc and I don't find that particularly appealing. Especially not so close to Cyber Weekend itself.

I am curious as to how the "event" will look this year. Will there still be solo milestones and ranked rewards just for purchasing and opening these new crystals? Seems like to keep up the cash flow they would either need to keep those rank and milestone rewards, or increase the materials in the crystals themselves. I've been gifting from an alt account for years. It will suck to lose out on those resources, but overall, I can't say I care that much. Saves me time as I can retire those accounts.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 754 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

bdawg923 said:

Only reason I have an alt account is to send myself GGC. Have 9000 units saved up since last gifting event. All down the drain. Ridiculous

Well now you can use those units to help your alt progress through the game like kabam intended 👍
    I already did all the content I wanted to. I don't need consumables. I prefer rank up materials
  • Options

Nice, this is QOL improvement. No more "trade ggc you send first" in global, no more ggc beggars and scammers in global come holiday season. thank kabam!

People who trade ggc in global deserve to get scammed. Trade with your trusted alliance mates and none of this would be an issue
  • Options
    Siliyo said:

bdawg923 said:

Only reason I have an alt account is to send myself GGC. Have 9000 units saved up since last gifting event. All down the drain. Ridiculous

That’s a lot of kudos to give to yourself
    Profile pics and titles are the most useless items in the game.