**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

EOP - Modok thread

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,010 ★★★★★
    I used Herc/Masacre.
    5 revs, 1 on Masacre, 4 on Herc, because I'm a stubborn scrub
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    why is no one mentioning Hyperion .. very manageable win against him using Hype.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    Got my solos with BWDO and She-Hulk
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    1 revive with quake for raw damage objective
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Just soloed with massacre!
  • Options
    UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 197 ★★
    edited September 2022

5⭐️ R4 Massacre did a solo. I was genuinely surprised.

I did the other objective 6*R3 Hercules with two revives 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    BWDO was an easier play than Hercules for me. I needed 1 revive for her due to a mistake, but used 3 with herc
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    Used R2 Masacre and R4 Herc
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

why is no one mentioning Hyperion .. very manageable win against him using Hype.

I tried hypes and first attempt modok auto blocked the sp1 went unblockable and screwed me all up. Ended up being much easier with Angela.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Really rude ai.
    When he uses first hit of combo as a whiff attack and i dash forward, he literally uses his entire combo on my sad monkey
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I'd like to express my gratitude to whoever put tranquility node. It make sit possibel to use the 30% boosts while running suicides not to mention overcome the heal reversal of sp1 modoks
  • Options
    Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114
    Used 5* R4 BWDO lol. cost me 4 revives.

for the #raw damage objective i almost soloed him with 6* r3 sunspot. cost me 1 revive.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I'd like to express my gratitude to whoever put tranquility node. It make sit possibel to use the 30% boosts while running suicides not to mention overcome the heal reversal of sp1 modoks

Next week I all but guarantee some suicides users complaining that nodes always harm suicides lol
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    Did it with Hercules for 2 objectives and BWDO for the 3rd objective
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,010 ★★★★★

Next week I all but guarantee some suicides users complaining that nodes always harm suicides lol
    Good. Not all content should be geared around them.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Yeah, it is always funny when a champion is 'bad' because they can't handle suicides. They want the boost in attack from the mastery without being penalized.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

For those who used Herc, what was your playstyle?

Basically when I was able to, I'd ramp up charges via ML then dash back, repeat. Outside of that I was mostly hitting into the block to do damage. Once you have enough charges the damage will be pretty good as MODOKs Block Proficiency is pretty bad. If you're health bar is low, be conscious of the Tranquility Timer so that you don't accidentally trigger your immortality and then get it removed immediately.
  • Options

Haha yeah. I've managed to brute force through even bishop while running sides. But had to take it off for warlock to use sym suprmee. Honestly enjoyed using him and spamming specials.

It's always a couple of champs that cause problems. The biggest issue though is not being to use green boosts. Using 30% though was massively helpful and helped solo in my first few tries boosted whereas i was kinda struggling unboosted
  • Options

For those who used Herc, what was your playstyle?

Basically play like no power. Intercept all day
  • Options
    FrozenLoganFrozenLogan Posts: 45
    Anyone try with Gwenpool?
  • Options

Terra said:

Exactly, and not to mention that it shouldn’t be surprising that not being able to use specials without losing 5% health, and putting two DOT debuffs on yourself sometimes turns out to be a bad thing.

Suicides has some great benefits with some champs and some nodes, but they’re a double edged sword (literally lol).

It’s almost like the names suicides, recoil and double edge could mean that what you’re using can harm you 🤔
    I don’t think anyone has a problem with the debuffs or losing health on specials. It’s part of the contract you take when using them.
    The issue is having content that is clearly geared to remove the edge they provide. And I’m not talking about the occasional healblock. It’s plenty apparent when that’s the case.
    If they are going to do that, then let us switch masteries for free. It’s unreasonable to make us pay for something we’ve unlocked.
    Content isn’t geared against suicides. Kabam don’t sit there and think “how can we put nodes in here to screw over suicides users”. Just take a look through node lists and think about how many of them in some way:
    - punish you having debuffs
    - Punish you having DOT
    - Make you use specials often
    - Block or reduce healing
    - Punish healing

There is no downside to not running suicides, but there aren’t any upsides either. That means no node punishes you for not running suicides. But you don’t get any of suicides benefit. That’s a choice to make.

But equally, the choice you make when you run suicides is that you get positives (attack) but you also have the negatives.

The reason people think suicides are “targeted” is because not running suicides is a neutral. There isn’t ever a situation where someone says “argh this node completely screws over non-suicides users because I *need* a bleed/poison debuff on me”. You only ever get someone coming up against encroaching stun or special delivery and seeing that it makes you use specials, which makes you lose health.

So when you run suicides you notice all these bad situation that arise by chance just by nodes being added, and you assume that it’s geared against you. When in fact, it’s just the developers adding nodes to fights to create a challenge. We can’t, and nor will we ever, avoid anti suicides nodes because suicides is a choice, and the game doesn’t have to conform to your choice unfortunately.

You say it’s plenty apparent when it’s the case that content is geared against suicides, do you have any examples of that? Or proof that it’s specifically geared against suicides other than there just being a node that doesn’t gel with suicides?
  • Options
    Fgiorgos13Fgiorgos13 Posts: 3
    edited September 2022
    Cosmic objective with Phoenix

https://youtu.be/id5RRQVYU0o
  • Options
    Hit Monkey with a couple of revives. Can't complain.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Terra said:

Exactly, and not to mention that it shouldn’t be surprising that not being able to use specials without losing 5% health, and putting two DOT debuffs on yourself sometimes turns out to be a bad thing.

Suicides has some great benefits with some champs and some nodes, but they’re a double edged sword (literally lol).

It’s almost like the names suicides, recoil and double edge could mean that what you’re using can harm you 🤔
    I don’t think anyone has a problem with the debuffs or losing health on specials. It’s part of the contract you take when using them.
    The issue is having content that is clearly geared to remove the edge they provide. And I’m not talking about the occasional healblock. It’s plenty apparent when that’s the case.
    If they are going to do that, then let us switch masteries for free. It’s unreasonable to make us pay for something we’ve unlocked.
    Content isn’t geared against suicides. Kabam don’t sit there and think “how can we put nodes in here to screw over suicides users”. Just take a look through node lists and think about how many of them in some way:
    - Punish you having DOT
    - Punish healing

There is no downside to not running suicides, but there aren’t any upsides either. That means no node punishes you for not running suicides. But you don’t get any of suicides benefit. That’s a choice to make.

But equally, the choice you make when you run suicides is that you get positives (attack) but you also have the negatives.

The reason people think suicides are “targeted” is because not running suicides is a neutral. There isn’t ever a situation where someone says “argh this node completely screws over non-suicides users because I *need* a bleed/poison debuff on me”. You only ever get someone coming up against encroaching stun or special delivery and seeing that it makes you use specials, which makes you lose health.

So when you run suicides you notice all these bad situation that arise by chance just by nodes being added, and you assume that it’s geared against you. When in fact, it’s just the developers adding nodes to fights to create a challenge. We can’t, and nor will we ever, avoid anti suicides nodes because suicides is a choice, and the game doesn’t have to conform to your choice unfortunately.

You say it’s plenty apparent when it’s the case that content is geared against suicides, do you have any examples of that? Or proof that it’s specifically geared against suicides other than there just being a node that doesn’t gel with suicides?
    There is an obvious downside to not running suicides. Suicides allow you to clear content faster. This means that you are able to accomplish more in the game during the same amount of time which for most people is a relatively fixed variable.
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    Does Hit Monkey need to be duped to KO Modok??
  • Options
    K00shMaan said:

Terra said:

- Punish you having DOT
    - Punish healing

There is an obvious downside to not running suicides. Suicides allow you to clear content faster. This means that you are able to accomplish more in the game during the same amount of time which for most people is a relatively fixed variable.
    I guess if you want to be nitpicky then yeah of course Suicides give you attack, but in my post I’m explaining that since non-suicides is the base set up, it’s neutral. You can run suicides and get the positives which comes with negatives.

There’s no downside to not running suicides in the sense that (as I explain in the post) there’s never a time that not having a debuff on you is a bad thing. That is, you never really *need* a debuff on you.

There’s no fight that requires suicides, but there’s plenty of nodes that push you to not use suicides - simply because it’s sometimes bad to have debuffs on you or lose health from specials.

Less attack can be worked around, it’s why no fight in the game requires a rank 4 over a rank 3. Some fights however will not let you work around suicides, that’s the nature of the deal you sign up for.

That’s what I mean by not running suicides having no downside.