**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are Rintrah and Wong the first two champs to be balanced and when?

AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
Apologies if this has been discussed before, couldn’t find the thread.
Will Rintrah and Wong be looked at first and roughly when will it be?

I’m hoping Wong gets a bit more damage if possible. He’s such a cool character and has such brilliant animations in the game.

Comments

• Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Aldac said:

I’m hoping Wong gets a bit more damage if possible. He’s such a cool character and has such brilliant animations in the game.

I think you're wrong here my friend about wong, Wong only has damage and regen, you can check buddy lee videos for wong clearing LOL, however he lacks utility, if kabam can add some utility to him he'll be top tier
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,028 ★★★★★

Aldac said:

I think you're wrong here my friend about wong, Wong only has damage and regen, you can check buddy lee videos for wong clearing LOL, however he lacks utility, if kabam can add some utility to him he'll be top tier
    I don’t even think he lacks utility. If I were to change anything on him, I’d just make his spells last a little longer so his ramp up wasn’t stressful at the start to manage.
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    They’re both staying as they are with no changes. My R4 Rintrah abides.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    No changes to either!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Mike678 said:

The purpose of reworks isn't to have them measure up against the best.

Its to make them relevant and useful in the meta. Wong isnt there. If someone gets Yondu or Mordo, they will use them as long as they dont get 100 other better champions.

Go ahead, tell me where would you use Wong in current meta and I will tell you 3-5 better options.
    That's precisely my point. It isn't to make them more useful compared to other options. It's to increase their usefulness if someone pulls them. It's not a comparison game along the totem pole.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 564 ★★★

The purpose of reworks isn't to have them measure up against the best.

But they should at least have a clear use, as it is, wong doesn't. In most fights that he is worth using for you usually need some other form of utility then just healing. The closest thing I have found to an ideal match for him is against pleasure to burn path in 7.1.1 with the imiw synergy.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★

Mike678 said:

Mike678 said:

MASSIVE DISAGREE and this is why I have no faith in your rebalancing program. Every word you said about Wong is incorrect. Nobody is using wong for story content, spending 90-110s ramping him up. Nobody in their right mind would use Wong over doom or aegon or tigra in AoL/LoL. Nobody, who isnt biased, took their wong to rank 4 over rintrah.

Big let down, was really hoping for him to get a tuneup and seeing that he gets some kind of use in game. Right now, he is just 3rd or 5th best option to whatever you want him to do.

Want buff control? Why use wong?
    Want power control? Whats that?
    Want damage? Ramp him up for 90-110s where most meta champs finish the fight.
    So those who took him to R4 are biased?
    Yes because he is fun to play and has cool animations. I have mine at Rank 3 so does @buddy_LEE
    But neither of us can deny that objectively he is far behind lots of mystic champs and he could have easily received a small tuneup to be up there.

Go ahead, ask kabam to tell us how many R3 Rintrah vs Wong exist? How many R4 Rintrah vs Wong exist?
    We can talk this out objectively
    Ok so you both chose to prefer Rintrah over Wong and you both have them. Doesn't that make you biased towards Rintrah? Your data and Kabams data is different. You see what's in your circle, they see the whole game.

It's also possible that those who have a R4 Wong, don't have Rintrah. It's also possible they just like Wong better but that doesn't really mean they're biased towards Wong.
    People might (but probably not) be more accepting and reassured if they could get a bit of the data that Kabam is using to make their assessments. Nothing too crazy, maybe something like

X% of summoners with 5 or 6 star Wong chose to rank him up and Y% of those use him in competitive content with Z% of those fights resulting in victory. This compares favorably to the top 5 used Mystic champs and champs with similar attributes and ratings.

@Kabam Miike , is that something the team might be interested in providing? Nothing that exposes too much, but could cut down on the number of people complaini... No chance of that actually, but I (and others) would like some insight into the process.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Mike678 said:

Mike678 said:

Mike678 said:

MASSIVE DISAGREE and this is why I have no faith in your rebalancing program. Every word you said about Wong is incorrect. Nobody is using wong for story content, spending 90-110s ramping him up. Nobody in their right mind would use Wong over doom or aegon or tigra in AoL/LoL. Nobody, who isnt biased, took their wong to rank 4 over rintrah.

Big let down, was really hoping for him to get a tuneup and seeing that he gets some kind of use in game. Right now, he is just 3rd or 5th best option to whatever you want him to do.

Yes because he is fun to play and has cool animations. I have mine at Rank 3 so does @buddy_LEE
    But neither of us can deny that objectively he is far behind lots of mystic champs and he could have easily received a small tuneup to be up there.

Go ahead, ask kabam to tell us how many R3 Rintrah vs Wong exist? How many R4 Rintrah vs Wong exist?
    Ok so you both chose to prefer Rintrah over Wong and you both have them. Doesn't that make you biased towards Rintrah? Your data and Kabams data is different. You see what's in your circle, they see the whole game.

It's also possible that those who have a R4 Wong, don't have Rintrah. It's also possible they just like Wong better but that doesn't really mean they're biased towards Wong.
    No we both have R3 Wong and are biased towards him but we both know he isnt good objectively. We have seen several people rank rintrah up instead of Wong. Why not ask Kabam to show us that data. Why are you here arguing subjective stuff when we can get objective picture of this
    I never said not to ask for the data. I think it'd be pretty cool to see that data. But you're basing your opinion off your small subset of data vs Kabams whole picture set of data.

You also have to remember that this balancing program isn't the buff program. If a champion is meeting their criteria, then they won't be balanced. That's the biggest thing to remember here. Not meeting your expectations isn't something they're going to take as he needs to be re-balanced. If he's hitting the mark for their requirements, you'd have to wait for him to get changed in the buff program.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    You would think that the first showing of the balacing programme would be a buff/improvement to a champion to build rapport/good faith with the community. I guess only time will tell....
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★

Mike678 said:

Mike678 said:

X% of summoners with 5 or 6 star Wong chose to rank him up and Y% of those use him in competitive content with Z% of those fights resulting in victory. This compares favorably to the top 5 used Mystic champs and champs with similar attributes and ratings.
    How can you say that he should compare favorably to the top 5 mystics? There's more than 200 champions in this game, and only 30 can be in the top 5 most ranked in their class. The vast majority won't be anywhere near the top 5, especially when you consider the likes of doom, Hercules, kitty, etc
  • Options
    Kappa2g said:

You would think that the first showing of the balacing programme would be a buff/improvement to a champion to build rapport/good faith with the community. I guess only time will tell....

That's not the intent of the program.
  • Options
    Mike678 said:

Mike678 said:

Mike678 said:

Mike678 said:

No we both have R3 Wong and are biased towards him but we both know he isnt good objectively. We have seen several people rank rintrah up instead of Wong. Why not ask Kabam to show us that data. Why are you here arguing subjective stuff when we can get objective picture of this
    I never said not to ask for the data. I think it'd be pretty cool to see that data. But you're basing your opinion off your small subset of data vs Kabams whole picture set of data.

You also have to remember that this balancing program isn't the buff program. If a champion is meeting their criteria, then they won't be balanced. That's the biggest thing to remember here. Not meeting your expectations isn't something they're going to take as he needs to be re-balanced. If he's hitting the mark for their requirements, you'd have to wait for him to get changed in the buff program.
    So they wanted him to be useful in LoL where nobody would realistically use Wong. Got it. Pretty bad champion by those standards then. Also tried him in Abyss and he is subpar
    I don't know what their goals for him were. All they said was they've seen him used in those longer fight modes more often. That's where seeing the data would come in handy or a breakdown of the original intent of the champions use. That's what's just mentioned in the announcement so just going off that.

If he's a ramp up champ that takes awhile, it makes sense for what they said.