**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War rewards are out of date

The rewards don't justify the means. On top of that, wars are expensive with little in return. Does Kabam intend to change this?

Comments

• AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    If u think war is expensive then I think you're probably in an alliance which doesn't use skill and pays to win wars
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    War is not expensive. Even if you dont do anything you still get the participation reward, for free.

That's infinite value.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    The rewards don't justify the means. On top of that, wars are expensive with little in return. Does Kabam intend to change this?

Wars are free shards. What are you talking about?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    I agree the rewards do need updated, and the crystal too.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    War rewards are great! Super easy way to get 4*/5* shards
  • I'm in a 12.7m alliamce with war rating of 2600. We are definatley skilled. Typical war is our opponent ends up buying the win because we don't go diverse. And by the looks of how many items our opponents use to get through our defense suggest to me that wars can be expensive for some, not all. By the amount of items a person can end up using for a few extra 5* shards in comparison to the end game, the rewards are minimal in that aspect. Maybe I should have been more detailed to begin with but I hope this clarifies my point.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    Seems to me of your opponent is winning because you don't go diverse, you should be going diverse. Your opponent may have an easier time winning, but as you said, they already are
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    War rewards need updated because tier 8 through 10 are flooded with 10mil alliances fighting over 3* and 4* shards. really stupid.

And it's worse in those tiers because the map is so easy. 100% every time with 100% diversity. Winner always comes down to defender rating. So stupid.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    If you refuse to use diversity to your advantage, and then lose the war because of it, then you deserve to lose.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    War rewards need updated because tier 8 through 10 are flooded with 10mil alliances fighting over 3* and 4* shards. really stupid.

Really? We've been a Tier 5-8 ally for at least 6 months now (currently tier 7). Just hit 7mil ally rating and most of our war opponents are in close proximity to ours...give or take a mil.

Do you guys not have a strong war rating? If you're a 10 mil group I can't imagine why you'd be stuck in those lower tiers.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Some changes to AW Matchmaking. It seems to take into account Prestige as well.

Anyway, not going diverse is the worst decision any alliance can make TBH.
  • We've lost about 5 wars now solely on defender rating...wish they'd say who had the higher defender rating so you could avoid using resources for a loss that your going to get regardless
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Really? We've been a Tier 5-8 ally for at least 6 months now (currently tier 7). Just hit 7mil ally rating and most of our war opponents are in close proximity to ours...give or take a mil.

Do you guys not have a strong war rating? If you're a 10 mil group I can't imagine why you'd be stuck in those lower tiers.

We are 10 mil and stuck in tier 8 or 9. Every one of our matchups are against 8 to 10mil alliances.

It's almost impossible to get out of this cycle because it's always a total **** shoot if you have a higher defender rating or not. So we typically win one, lose one, win one, lose one and all the while never going anywhere or getting any rewards worth a damn. Very frustrating since every one of these wars we always end up with more defender skills and in the old system we would have won every time.
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    We've lost about 5 wars now solely on defender rating...wish they'd say who had the higher defender rating so you could avoid using resources for a loss that your going to get regardless

Just have a chat with the other alliance when the war starts. Most will share their defende rating if you share yours. It behooves everyone to share that information.